ADVERTISEMENT

Lane Kiffen staying at Bama..

shmitty

Gold Member
Mar 25, 2002
"I made a comment at the Sugar Bowl that I would be back this fall at Alabama and that is definitely the plan," Kiffin said in a statement released by the school. "This time of year, there are lots of things out there regarding other coaching opportunities, but I want to reaffirm my commitment to the University of Alabama, Coach Saban, and our team. I'm excited about what our offensive staff was able to accomplish last year, but I also think there are a lot of things we can do a better job of in terms of putting our players in the best situation to have success."

In Kiffin's one season, Alabama's offense improved from 33rd nationally in 2013 (454.1 yards per game) to No. 18 (484.5). He was credited for opening up the Tide attack with first-year starting quarterback Blake Sims breaking the school's season passing record with top target Amari Cooper.

Five-star running back recruit Damien Harris responded quickly to the news on Twitter.

"Hype @Lane_Kiffin is staying in Tuscaloosa! Can't wait to run through the SEC together #RollTide," Harries posted.

I get the feeling Lane would bolt in a heart beat for bigger bucks. Lane doesn't seem to be married to anyone. I would love to pick his brain to find out what he is really thinking. Saban won't let him talk to the media. I wonder if that sit's well with Lane?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News