ADVERTISEMENT

leave steve alone

cockrobin

Aug 17, 2003
I don't post often, but I had to say this. some of the people that post on this board are just plain mean. Leave the players and coaches alone. The coaches and players are working their butts off to entertain us. Don't tell me you have the right to bi**h because you pay for that right. Wrong, you don't have to pay anything, you have the right to leave at any time. l would bet that on this board only 2 out of every 10 went to usc. If you are unhappy, switch over to some school that you can be happy with, maybe you will be happy for a year. Leave Steve alone. I bet the ,majority of posters on this board would want Steve to remain here after his retirement and Ray Tanner would be in his corner. Stop complaining. That's my 2 cents worth, now fire away.

I don't post often, but I had to say this. some of the people that post on this board are just plain mean. Leave the players and coaches alone. The coaches and players are working their butts off to entertain us. Don't tell me you have the right to bi**h because you pay for that right. Wrong, you don't have to pay anything, you have the right to leave at any time. l would bet that on this board only 2 out of every 10 went to usc. If you are unhappy, switch over to some school that you can be happy with, maybe you will be happy for a year. Leave Steve alone. I bet the ,majority of posters on this board would want Steve to remain here after his retirement and Ray Tanner would be in his corner. Stop complaining. That's my 2 cents worth, now fire away.
Wow...yet another poster who thinks that everyone should follow his take on Gamecock football. You guys amaze me with your rants on what everyone else should say, do or think. I went to South Carolina...support the program...and I will always feel free to make an evaluation of our standing regardless of what you or anyone else thinks. You also have the right to leave......so that part of your statement is moot and somewhat silly. I think most people are in the moment and want the best for the program. I am sick of people saying that those who want better should refrain from saying so because it's negative. That UGA game was negative. The loss to Kentucky was negative and the North Carolina game had a lot of negative moments. It's called an honest assessment. You have to do that you know, to correct things. What people say here is not going to effect anything outside of this board and gives some a chance to just vent their frustrations...you know....like you are doing.....calm down and understand that if you're not upset....you might not be a real good fan. That is all....

And exactly what makes you think you have any right to tell folks what they can and can't post or what they can or can't complain about?

That's the loser mentality that's kept us down for decades.

Maybe one day we will get a trophy from the sec for tallest banner.

Reactions: G-C-Gamecock
I'm guessing OP didn't see Swearingers Twitter post. He played, he knows the deal, he said what a lot of us are saying. Why don't you tell him how you feel.

Reactions: G-C-Gamecock

He makes 4 million dollars a year, you don't think he should shoulder some accountability? I can understand the players not deserving any heat, but Spurrier is the one who has complete control over the football program. Why should he not have to be responsible for the quality of the product he puts on the field?

Reactions: king ward
I've already said it to iceman, but I'll paraphrase. At least iceman has 2000 posts, not 2 like u!!!! You have no authority to tell us what we can and can't post. You obviously have no understanding of the purpose that message boards serve. It is a free country and if we want to vent, we can. If we break the rules, the mods will put us in our place or ban us. It's not necessary for you to confront fans in this manner.

He makes 4 million dollars a year, you don't think he should shoulder some accountability? I can understand the players not deserving any heat, but Spurrier is the one who has complete control over the football program. Why should he not have to be responsible for the quality of the product he puts on the field?
That kind of remuneration not only demands accountability - but performance - EVERY year.

I'm guessing OP didn't see Swearingers Twitter post. He played, he knows the deal, he said what a lot of us are saying. Why don't you tell him how you feel.

I agree. Can DJ be critical? He sees what is going on. So do majority of fans. Nothing wrong with holding coaches accountable. They had entire offseason to make things better and they failed. How many more seasons like last year is enough ?

Stinky troll bait is stinky. Got a few bites, though...

I love the never ending cycle. People complain. Then someone else complains about them complaining. Then first guy tells second guy not to complain because first guy has a right to complain ( while telling second guy he doesn't)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT