ADVERTISEMENT

Less than two weeks from football season and this board is dead! How about a positive thread

cockn'fyr

Mar 26, 2006
on who you are most excited to see play on both sides of the ball and a little synopsis on why.

Well, QB runs everything so you've got to be excited to see Lanorris and the future of the Gamecocks at QB. I'll go Kyle Kinnard at edge, he just looks the part and I think a big part of our D's problem last year was no edge rush and containment, close second is Dylan Stewart.

Reactions: usc_nc
107.5 FM is the same way. I don't listen much but they are busy talking about NILs, movies, and rock concerts from 1990s.

I don't think most people care.

It's political season. That's the real sport.

The running game will be the key. The parts are here.
Proven Running Back (230 lbs) and equal size freshman.
Healthy O Line with ideal size. And 3 good back ups.
A QB and a back up with great wheels.
TE’s are solid. Curious to see what Maurice will do. Able to run block and catch.
Elliott and Teasley are solid coaches.
I am ready for the season.

Reactions: PC31 and cockn'fyr
I am excited to see just how much of a strength this veteran defense can be. Should be the strongest front since the Spurrier days.
Who’s the top pass rusher and how many sacks did he have? Best lock down corner? How good are some of the quarterbacks that they face this season? Can the offense score more points than last season? That’s a high compliment for the defensive line.

Last season we weren’t able to generate any hype to carry us into 2024 excited. I think we are at that dreaded point to where this season is about seeing where we are, what we have and if its where we want to be. And deciding if it’s time to revamp the coaching staff. From the person who answers the phones, all the up to the head coach.

Last edited:
Who’s the top pass rusher and how many sacks did he have? Best lock down corner? How good are some of the quarterbacks that they face this season? Can the offense score more points than last season? That’s a high compliment for the defensive line.
The D did not allow Clemson to get a TD last season. That would be a compliment if Clemson had an O. It will be great to see Clemson lose this year.

The defense certainly comes into the season with some momentum based on how they closed last year.

One of the best questions will be if they will continue to battle for 60 minutes week in and out if the new offense is not scoring points and handing the ball over.

It can get a little defeating over time - especially when you're playing a lot teams with more talent across the board.

My wife and I are planning to tailgate for the first time in a long time Saturday. It's been a long time since we've been to a game.
Have fun. We used to go to all the games for many years, but not for the past 15 years. Now we might go to 1 game a year. Last year we went to the Furman game. The year before Missouri. Right now, we can't get all our schedules to allow to pick out one game.

Yes, and I won't have dozens of people walking past me while I'm in my seat. I have a clear shot to the bathroom. I won't be in traffic getting home real late. I could go on and on with the advantages of watching from home.
Our last year of season tickets was '10. We stopped going for the exact same reasons-every game was on tv, long hot days tailgating, getting back late..

Our last year of season tickets was '10. We stopped going for the exact same reasons-every game was on tv, long hot days tailgating, getting back late..

I used to bring the kids to one game a year. As they got older, they always argued to just watch on TV.

And now, they float in and out of the room during gametime.

There's just a lot of apathy there.

I used to bring the kids to one game a year. As they got older, they always argued to just watch on TV.

I mean, with our team, you never know who will show up. I love Carolina, but if they’re getting whooped, I’m turning it to another game. If you were to the game, you just wasted your entire day on a shit game. At least being home, you can accomplish something else.

Have fun. We used to go to all the games for many years, but not for the past 15 years. Now we might go to 1 game a year. Last year we went to the Furman game. The year before Missouri. Right now, we can't get all our schedules to allow to pick out one game.
Same. I had season tickets in West lower for 1993-2005.

I wouldn’t be going Saturday except to see my son who will be on the field with some game duties.

If a game is at night, I watch it outside in my backyard as I have a real sweet setup and project it onto a huge screen attached to the back of my house (a motorized screen.) But given this is late afternoon, this worked out as a game to attend.

Maybe they too are “Lurker’s”
Connotative denotative

• Haha
Reactions: Lurker123
For me it was $25K for the first year (2016). I’m sure it would be much more each succeeding year. Don’t miss the environment at all — and I enjoy spending the money on more satisfying endeavors and charities.
I do not know where you were sitting that cost $25K. Maybe you had a lot of people you paid for?
I was in the West upper but this year I am going to try the Cockaboose Club.
BUT IT ONLY COST ME $1050.

I mean a Zone, 200 or 600 executive suite only cost $3200 with the SEF fee.

For me it was $25K for the first year (2016). I’m sure it would be much more each succeeding year. Don’t miss the environment at all — and I enjoy spending the money on more satisfying endeavors and charities.
No doubt. They started tacking on the seat license and the ticket face value was getting high too. It wasn't that I couldn't afford it-I would just rather spend my money elsewhere. The university had already gotten plenty of my family's money over the decades considering I was going to home games as a kid in the '80s with my dad and throughout the '90s and '00s. Also I've been to a couple home games (meeting up with old pals from Irmo) since they installed the jumbotron and find it ridiculously distracting and the speaker system unbearably loud-yeah, I'm getting old. But now the best seat in the house is on my couch in front of my big flat screen. I can follow all the other games and change the channel if things get unbearable.

I do not know where you were sitting that cost $25K. Maybe you had a lot of people you paid for?
I was in the West upper but this year I am going to try the Cockaboose Club.
BUT IT ONLY COST ME $1050.

I mean a Zone, 200 or 600 executive suite only cost $3200 with the SEF fee.
That was all-in costs which included the SS scholarship level fee, the premium seat fees (4 seats), non-premium seat fees (4 seats), premium parking, food and beverages for up to 16 people, travel, food, and lodging expenses for every home and away game. That doesn’t even include the Alumni Assn fees — which I still donate to. I also had been a founding member of the Gamecock golf course club, which eventually dissolved into something else, but which got 10 years of my money.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT