ADVERTISEMENT

Link: Gamecocks RB commit named Georgia Region 2-AAAAAA Player of the Year

Our commits should be winning “region” player of the year awards. If we want to become good they need to be. It’s a great honor though regardless.
We are so overdue for a great back. I hope he comes it and plays above his rating. He certainly already has the size.
Fenwick looks grown too by the way.

Reactions: cockofdawn
Definitely has the size. I think it’ll be a couple years before he sees the field, unless he switch positions! I don’t see him making an early impact at running back in the SEC.

Good hands, good vision, speed is good at 4.5, but I worry about his weight at 229 pounds...

Will he take the pounding... I hope we have a couple more backs coming in...

But love the hands coming out of the backfield... He needs to sign early in December before we lose him to UGA...

At the 3:57 mark, I've never seen a football team wear pink...

Reactions: cockofdawn
Kid looks great but it’s so hard to tell from HS film now . David Williams HS tapes were jaw dropping and when he got here he got tackled by a blade of grass . Shack Roland’s tape made him look like Percy Harvin but he played like Percy Sledge . Never can tell . Either way this kid looks very impressive .

Good hands, good vision, speed is good at 4.5, but I worry about his weight at 229 pounds...

Will he take the pounding... I hope we have a couple more backs coming in...

But love the hands coming out of the backfield... He needs to sign early in December before we lose him to UGA...

At the 3:57 mark, I've never seen a football team wear pink...

Looks like a FB to me. Hopefully he can give a pounding.

Why didn’t uga and auburn recruit him? He is in their backyard.

This is probably more info than you want, but what the hell.

Bradwell Institute is in Hinesville in Liberty County on coast. It's sent like a dozen players to USC, including Bryant Gilliard and Dominique Blasingame and Quintin Lewis, among others. Hell, the mayor of Hinesville right now even played at USC a year for Deitzel, and a former BI principal was Candler Boyd, who also was a BI player.

As for Georgia, the dogs pulled Richard LeCounte III from Liberty County High a couple years ago, and another kid who wound up at a juco. Ohio State got Raekwon McMillian from Liberty few years before that, but from what I can remember they really haven't recruited the county all that heavily for whatever reason. Course, I don't pay attention like I used too, either.

I've seen Harris play. He flew under the radar until his junior year, then he started running all over people. He's not blazing fast, but he's strong and doesn't go down easy. As important, he's got a good head on his shoulders and was raised right, and he's a great kid from all accounts.

Georgia added a seventh classification a few years back (AAAAAAA) and it kind of watered down some of the competition among the bigger schools.There were quite a few teams in Class AAAAAA with losing records getting into the playoffs this year.

Not as fast as White, probably as strong or stronger tho.
You're most likely right on that but Marcus didn't set sprint records either but I don't think this kid is a Marcus nobody is. I think I read this kid ran a 4.5 all this is a couple steps from a 4.3 maybe he can increase a little in college but I'd take White in a foot race match up.

Georgia added a seventh classification a few years back (AAAAAAA) and it kind of watered down some of the competition among the bigger schools.There were quite a few teams in Class AAAAAA with losing records getting into the playoffs this year.
I can't wait until they go to AAAAAAAAA. That'll be fun.

In Montana we have AA (the biggest and only started about 15 years ago), A, B & C. Way simpler. (of course we have 1/5th of the population of Metro Atlanta).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT