ADVERTISEMENT

Link ... South Carolina QB Bentley addresses booing

Shame on our fans. I mercilessly taunted the fans in my section who boo’ed Jake when he was leading the comeback. You look like a moron when you boo a kid who is trying to help our team win.

I don't think they're booing him, they're booing the coaches incompetence to play the best players. Practice be dammed, I want the ones who play the best on Saturday. I don't care if they get drunk and slack off all week, if they show up on Sat and play that's fine by me.

It was a comeback when we were losing 16-0 at the half and he led two scoring drives to tie it up. He put us in his position to win the game at that point.
Those were two bad throws that the receiver saved his bacon by making the catch. I think our receivers aren't used to throws being on target from Jake, they have come to expect to have to bend like an acrobat to make a routine catch.

Those were two bad throws that the receiver saved his bacon by making the catch. I think our receivers aren't used to throws being on target from Jake, they have come to expect to have to bend like an acrobat to make a routine catch.

Call it a wash after they dropped the easy ones then

Prickly ass hard head Muschamp didn't even think about pulling Bentley......lol.
No kidding......we all knew that.

And it never helped recruiting either.
Well when they start paying us millions to recruit then maybe we will start acting like they want us to. USC loves to point the finger but fails to realize when they do that, 3 fingers are pointing back at them.

Reactions: ddw1263
Well when they start paying us millions to recruit then maybe we will start acting like they want us to. USC loves to point the finger but fails to realize when they do that, 3 fingers are pointing back at them.
Not sure I understood that. So booing is good? It will help us land top recruits?

Seems like you were the one offended, you made the initial post about being offended by the boo birds.RollLaugh

I do find it offensive. You can boo our own players all you want, I can’t stop you, but I can also call you trashy and an embarrassment, and you can’t stop me. That’s how message boards work, see?

Shame on our fans. I mercilessly taunted the fans in my section who boo’ed Jake when he was leading the comeback. You look like a moron when you boo a kid who is trying to help our team win.

If you’re coming here to taunt people mercilessly prepare to be out numbered.

He has stunk it up. His best comeback in 3 years was against Louisiana Tech. The last TD pass looked like a punt that our guy won the jump ball. The kid has guts but he constantly makes poor decisions and bad throws. Unfortunately even when he makes a good throw we drop it.

He is not a bad kid, but he’s also not a good football player.

Reactions: cock83
If you’re coming here to taunt people mercilessly prepare to be out numbered.

He has stunk it up. His best comeback in 3 years was against Louisiana Tech. The last TD pass looked like a punt that our guy won the jump ball. The kid has guts but he constantly makes poor decisions and bad throws. Unfortunately even when he makes a good throw we drop it.

He is not a bad kid, but he’s also not a good football player.

I’m not going to argue that he’s a great quarterback, or that he hasn’t done some things to hurt us this year. The only thing I think we disagree on is how our fanbase should treat our own players, regardless of how they perform.

Reactions: atl-cock
I don't think they're booing him, they're booing the coaches incompetence to play the best players. Practice be dammed, I want the ones who play the best on Saturday. I don't care if they get drunk and slack off all week, if they show up on Sat and play that's fine by me.

They booing the coach. I honestly feel if Scarnecchia started the game he would have thrown for much more that 40 yds. He throws a more catchable ball I guess. Receivers caught his passes in a monsoon

I’m not going to argue that he’s a great quarterback, or that he hasn’t done some things to hurt us this year. The only thing I think we disagree on is how our fanbase should treat our own players, regardless of how they perform.

I appreciate your perspective. I’m also not going to tell people shelling out thousands of dollars a season not to boo if they’re not happy with the product.

This is not the Duncan Rec league or Byrnes. These guys are paid to perform. They could have won today. Due to poor coaching, poor execution and at times poor mental toughness they lost.

Reactions: jonesz21
All that is true. Neither will fans booing players. It’s a bad look.
Didn't UGA fans vandalize Aaron Murray's apartment after a loss to us? UGA played for an SEC title while he was QB and a national title last year. The point is, the consequences of not performing are far worse at your big time programs than mere booing.

Didn't UGA fans vandalize Aaron Murray's apartment after a loss to us? UGA played for an SEC title while he was QB and a national title last year. The point is, the consequences of not performing are far worse at your big time programs than mere booing.

Who knows. Maybe UGA’s trashy fan base is part of the reason they haven’t won a national title in almost 40 years, despite their built-in recruiting advantages.

We don’t have those advantages, therefore we should try to help the coaching staff’s recruiting efforts out by not booing our own players.

Reactions: KayakCock
I agree with you that it's tough to hear booing. Especially for an amateur athlete who is 21 y.o.

But the coaching staff set him up for it. They didn't even try to see if the other guy could stick it to the hands of the receivers (or throw the open passes on target).

If Bentley struggles again, it will happen again.

I agree with you that it's tough to hear booing. Especially for an amateur athlete who is 21 y.o.

But the coaching staff set him up for it. They didn't even try to see if the other guy could stick it to the hands of the receivers (or throw the open passes on target).

If Bentley struggles again, it will happen again.

And it should. We should not go back to the days of being happy the score was close. Man I remember sparky and fat brad like it was yesterday. Muschamp should not be happy with the teams effort. The coaches effort. Or the game prep. If he is he has loser mentality

Reactions: HI Cock
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT