ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Frank's post game, note the patch.

LCD1

Jun 1, 1998
Charleston, SC

Just noticed the Final Four patch he is wearing. After a quick search, I could not find another post game presser where he was wearing Final Four anything. Coincidence? :rolleyes:

Reactions: Balwiles and PC31
Our only Final 4. Competitive in the SEC. Kids playing at the next level.

Basketball is different. It’s not like football. We will not be successful in basketball with an unproven coach. We don’t have a Spurrier, Holtz or Morrison to look back on for proof of success in basketball. Since McGuire, it’s been bleak except for NIT with Dave.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bleedgarnet33
Any other major program would put him on sick leave or disability. Actually it should have happened a long time ago.

I'm concerned for him too. Everytime I see him there's a visceral reaction he is not well. I hope he gets some rest and care when this all over.

Frank seems to have lost the fire I miss the old Frank with the from hell looks and the tantrums. Something just doesn't look and feel right.

He looks like he needs some sun. Given Frank's haplotype, his vitamin D requirements likely exceed most Americans. Such a big player in health and immunity. At his age, he might need to listen to his body and relocate much further South.

Our only Final 4. Competitive in the SEC. Kids playing at the next level.

Basketball is different. It’s not like football. We will not be successful in basketball with an unproven coach. We don’t have a Spurrier, Holtz or Morrison to look back on for proof of success in basketball. Since McGuire, it’s been bleak except for NIT with Dave.
We will not be successful except once in a blue moon with a senior laden team like the FF team unless we starting paying players or letting then take fake classes. Blue chip talent isn't coming to school for and education.

We will not be successful except once in a blue moon with a senior laden team like the FF team unless we starting paying players or letting then take fake classes. Blue chip talent isn't coming to school for and education.
68 teams a year make the dance. 32 more make the NIT. That’s a lot of coaches who routinely outperform Frank.

He looks like he needs some sun. Given Frank's haplotype, his vitamin D requirements likely exceed most Americans. Such a big player in health and immunity. At his age, he might need to listen to his body and relocate much further South.
What is his haplotype? And why does his Y-DNA matter?

Agree, in this covid environment, an abundance of vitamin D is beneficial.

What is his haplotype? And why does his Y-DNA matter?

Agree, in this covid environment, an abundance of vitamin D is beneficial.

Cuban ancestry {genomic region} and darker-skinned people in general require more Vitamin D. This is likely the main reason why COVID impacts African Americans and Hispanics {on average} to a much higher degree.

Supplementing w/ synthetic Vitamin D can sometimes help, but there is no substitute for the activity of full-spectrum sunlight.

Environment is very important piece of health, especially as you move above 40+yrs of age.

Reactions: ruffledfeathers
My nephew is very close to the program. He says Frank looks bad sometimes. And he is struggling to keep his health up. That kinda distiurbs me. He said the assistants and the team leaders are really taking first line coaching duties. I hope Frank isnt pushing past personal issues to keep the program going.

My nephew is very close to the program. He says Frank looks bad sometimes. And he is struggling to keep his health up. That kinda distiurbs me. He said the assistants and the team leaders are really taking first line coaching duties. I hope Frank isnt pushing past personal issues to keep the program going.

I guess it’s up to the AD to manage that issue. Best of health to them all.

Reactions: Silver_Coconut
68 teams a year make the dance. 32 more make the NIT. That’s a lot of coaches who routinely outperform Frank.
I will give you that. He is a good coach. I just think the chips didn't quite fall right after that run. I honestly think at a different school he would be more successful than here. He knows the game and loves to teach. In the SEC though teaching isn't necessary when KY and LSU etc will just rent the best players they can and call them "student athletes".

I do think it is time to part ways. I thank him for that FF run. It was great. Got my boys into ball. But it has run its course.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT