ADVERTISEMENT

Link: What Will Muschamp said about South Carolina's tackling

Hard to make tackles when we are late getting to the spot where the running back was but isn't anymore, so now you have to arm tackle.

WE really look pathetic out there. I hold the coaches responsible although our players look light and afraid. Maybe we don't do enough in S&C. But someone needs to be fired over this mess. There isn't a player out there who wasn't at least a 3 star recruit. Any 3 star recruit can be taught to tackle. Look at BC. That's all they have. they looked a ton better than us.

WE really look pathetic out there. I hold the coaches responsible although our players look light and afraid. Maybe we don't do enough in S&C. But someone needs to be fired over this mess. There isn't a player out there who wasn't at least a 3 star recruit. Any 3 star recruit can be taught to tackle. Look at BC. That's all they have. they looked a ton better than us.
Many of these are not Power-Five-level players, let alone SEC-level players.

Please teach them rugby tackling. Stop trying to make high tackles and get the ball carrier to the ground. For Heaven's Sake, stop being carried down the field!

What gets me is its hard for us to rush for 100 yards but these other teams just make it look easy vs us. They always have. When we had success pulling our center to block and running to our left things were looking so good. The crazy part is Florida finally stopped that play and started using the same play against us and killed us with it. We couldnt make the adjustments to stop them unfortunately

9 games in..."our coaches need to do a better job of getting our guys ready". Wow, millions for that analysis?

Too much taunting, showing off and "look at me" attitudes on this pathetic defensive team. BTW, that is always a reflection of the people who coach the players. They could easily put an end to the showboating if they wanted a disciplined team. At least we don't dig into private parts like our sick perverted friends in tiggerville. Poor old Will continues to complain about poor tackling .... duh, as if a half million Gamecock fans haven't noticed that in the past 3 months. Here's a few clues for you buddy! 1) The UF players, in postgame interviews, were laughing about our lack of fundamental tackling skills. 2) You and your staff, always recruiting round the clock (remember?), brought these great (?) players in here .... not Spurrier. 3) You, and your fantastic recruiting staff also coach these players every day .... or maybe not!

Reactions: The Garnet Baron
Bottom line,

It all coaching...

If a player has a poor tackling form in practice, the coaches should yank that player off the practice field and find another player who can tackle..

Coaches look for speed over tackle saying you can't tackle someone if you can't catch up to the runner... And you can't coach speed...

Well, it seems that we have a recruiting evaluation problem and coaching...

They seem to sacrifice a lot to get a "named player" or 4 star player, just to find out they have bad form of playing football...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT