ADVERTISEMENT

LOL! The Muschamp Show aired the "Monson" clip twice!!

Rod Dangerfield

Jan 12, 2010
tenor.gif

Reactions: Cock-a-Doo
So happy we got Muschamp, a man with Champion in his name (Champ). Go cox. I hope, when we play Clemson, we run to the outside like Syracuse did. Wear down the defense.

So happy we got Muschamp, a man with Champion in his name (Champ). Go cox. I hope, when we play Clemson, we run to the outside like Syracuse did. Wear down the defense.
Syracuse beat them because their up tempo offense. Don’t think Roper is that good

That's the confusing thing to me I thought we were going to run a fast pace offense with roper
I think if anything, the non-up-tempo offense is a WM thing. The defense has been on the field A LOT and have very little depth. We are losing the TOP battle by 3 min per game. If we go 3 quick plays and don't get 10 yards, it hurts us bad.

Maybe when we get more depth on D, they'll open things up a bit... it sure seems like Bentley does better when the plays are called in advance, like in the 2 min and 4 min drill (and last year).

I think if anything, the non-up-tempo offense is a WM thing. The defense has been on the field A LOT and have very little depth. We are losing the TOP battle by 3 min per game. If we go 3 quick plays and don't get 10 yards, it hurts us bad.

Maybe when we get more depth on D, they'll open things up a bit... it sure seems like Bentley does better when the plays are called in advance, like in the 2 min and 4 min drill (and last year).
I agree up tempo is a double edge sword if it works it gasses the other teams D if it doesn't it gasses your own D but I think the risk is worth the reward. The taters would have never beaten bama running a slow offense.

Let's just concentrate on beating Wofford, fellows. Because a loss to them would undo the little bit of success we've been experiencing this year. Beat the Terriers, and THEN focus on the Palmetto Bowl. I think 8-9 wins should land us in a nice, mid-level bowl. Then give an early Christmas with Henry shocking UGA, ClemTech and VT by choosing the Gamecocks. O, man...that would make the holidays soooooo sweet.

Let's just concentrate on beating Wofford, fellows. Because a loss to them would undo the little bit of success we've been experiencing this year. Beat the Terriers, and THEN focus on the Palmetto Bowl. I think 8-9 wins should land us in a nice, mid-level bowl. Then give an early Christmas with Henry shocking UGA, ClemTech and VT by choosing the Gamecocks. O, man...that would make the holidays soooooo sweet.

We don't have to concentrate on anything. Doubt anyone here coaches or plays for the Gamecocks

Even so, there is no reason why you can't run it at the beginning of the game, or at the beginning of the second half, or even during a drive after you have gained a first down. If it works you move the ball and maybe even score. If it doesn't, your defense is fresh when they go out on the field. If you don't have success with it at first you have the option of slowing it down the next possession.

It doesn't matter what WE talk about really.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT