ADVERTISEMENT

LOOK! No Way are we going to fire Frank's Boy .... this year

The key is getting rid of Tanner

While I agree with you, after what Ray did at the College World Series 3 years in a row, the improvements that have been made around the Willie B Stadium area, the fact that Dawn Staley has remained here after winning 2 NCAA Crowns and her Alma Mater making advances towards her, Sweet Baby Ray ain't going anyplace except to the bank.

Ray is what our B.O.T. is looking for. Clean, conservative, non-controversial and does as he is told. We haven't had coaches crashing motorcycles, getting caught with nasty girls, getting DUI's or any spousal abuse claims since Ray has been here.

Sure we haven't made many headlines on the Sports Page but we haven't had our name plastered on the Front Page headlines either ... and that's what the B.O.T. wants.

He's not going anywhere with that buyout...probably until at least 2025. He won 7 out of his last 9 games last year. Outside of the tight UF loss, we've only lost to ranked teams this year. I'm sure the administration is banking on him winning the last 3 of 4 heading into the offseason - renewing the hope of tomorrow.

If you're anti-Beamer, your best path forward is that they don't add a year on his contract after this season in the name of recruiting.

You are right. We will NOT fire him this year. But would back to back 4 or 5 win seasons do it?

I've already posted that I sincerely believe that Frank's Boy had 7 more years ... till 2029. However, that was looking at it considering 6-7, 7-6, and maybe even a 5-7 season or two.

Seeing how dim the future appears now, I still believe it will take at least 3 losing seasons in a row prior to the Board making a change. Unfortunately, I also believe that three seasons at 5-7 won't light the fire. Unless he pulls a couple of 3-9 seasons along with a couple 4-8's, Frank's Boy will be a fixture at Williams-Brice for a long, long time.

Frank Martin sends his regards.

Beamer would have to pull a Muschamp 2-10 season next year if someone is going to dig down and pay that 18 million buyout. Fans have to stop going to games and make it an opportunity cost decision for the Athletic Dept. We are nowhere near that yet.

Beamer would have to pull a Muschamp 2-10 season next year if someone is going to dig down and pay that 18 million buyout. Fans have to stop going to games and make it an opportunity cost decision for the Athletic Dept. We are nowhere near that yet.

Dude.

We are headed to a 4-8, maybe 5-7 if we get lucky season with Rattler at QB. What makes you think we're going to do any better next year?

Dude.

We are headed to a 4-8, maybe 5-7 if we get lucky season with Rattler at QB. What makes you think we're going to do any better next year?

Very little. I'm talking the business side. When season tickets and donations start to fade, the administration will start to squirm. That doesn't happen after one bad year. I was at the UF game and it was rocking. If we have another year like this one, you might start to see sales decline for 2025. If 2025 blows too, then you might see them pull the rip cord. They don't care about Beamer Hotseat click bait articles. What the administration doesn't want is to pay another toll like they did with Muschamp. That is bad publicity and bad for the pocketbook.

Very little. I'm talking the business side. When season tickets and donations start to fade, the administration will start to squirm. That doesn't happen after one bad year. I was at the UF game and it was rocking. If we have another year like this one, you might start to see sales decline for 2025. If 2025 blows too, then you might see them pull the rip cord. They don't care about Beamer Hotseat click bait articles. What the administration doesn't want is to pay another toll like they did with Muschamp. That is bad publicity and bad for the pocketbook.

All that is going to dry up quickly if a poor Clemson team beats us handedly at home.

All that is going to dry up quickly if a poor Clemson team beats us handedly at home.
Seriously doubt it. USC games are almost a pure social gathering and few care about the competition aspect anymore. It's like going to the Kentucky Derby. Fans and students are dressed the part and glued to their phones. The environment setup for maximum entertainment value that has nothing to do with the game itself. The only scenerio that might make things warm for Beamer in 2024 is losing to Vandy, UK and Clemson to close out this season. If he gets to even 4-8, it's business as usual.

He's not going anywhere with that buyout...probably until at least 2025. He won 7 out of his last 9 games last year. Outside of the tight UF loss, we've only lost to ranked teams this year. I'm sure the administration is banking on him winning the last 3 of 4 heading into the offseason - renewing the hope of tomorrow.

If you're anti-Beamer, your best path forward is that they don't add a year on his contract after this season in the name of recruiting.
Good teams beat the ranked teams on their schedule, if you can't do that then you are at best mediocre,
at worst very bad, We have two wins 1 FCS team, and a another against a team that has not won since 9/9 against Kent St and just fired their OC.
To be blunt, we are a bad football team.

Good teams beat the ranked teams on their schedule, if you can't do that then you are at best mediocre,
at worst very bad, We have two wins 1 FCS team, and a another against a team that has not won since 9/9 against Kent St and just fired their OC.
To be blunt, we are a bad football team.

With the exception of maybe Missouri, each team we've lost to recruits better than us and has more NIL money. UGA, Tennessee, UNC and UF pull in Top 10 classes. Tennessee has the Top NIL program in the country.

Beamer is recruiting as well as any coach we've ever had other than Spurrier. Spurrier didn't start producing better classes until 5 years into his tenure and a big part of that was having the good fortune of two of the top recruits ever the history of the game coming from SC. Great players tend to follow great players.

This game is primarily a numbers game. Most head coaches are cardboard cutouts for recruiting and marketing. With the NIL is full motion, their role is even further depreciated. The focus should be on coordinators, position coaches and NIL donations unless we want to pay another big bailout and roll the dice again.

Last edited:
Reactions: tngamecock#
I've already posted that I sincerely believe that Frank's Boy had 7 more years ... till 2029. However, that was looking at it considering 6-7, 7-6, and maybe even a 5-7 season or two.

Seeing how dim the future appears now, I still believe it will take at least 3 losing seasons in a row prior to the Board making a change. Unfortunately, I also believe that three seasons at 5-7 won't light the fire. Unless he pulls a couple of 3-9 seasons along with a couple 4-8's, Frank's Boy will be a fixture at Williams-Brice for a long, long time.

Frank Martin sends his regards.
Totally agree.

Yeah with that extension there is no chance we fire him this year, even though we should just go ahead and bite that bullet. The important thing is not letting him get past 2024.
Your biggest nightmare must be a 10 win season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT