ADVERTISEMENT

Looking at the Baseball Schedual......

northGAcock

Aug 17, 2003
Columbia SC
It looks like all but 4 of our regrular season games will be televised. Looking forward to the SEC Network telecast for the away games. This is fantastic from my perspective.

Keep in mind, the games that say SEC+, this means it will be on ESPN3/Watch ESPN. If you have a Roku device, you can use the Watch ESPN app and use your cable provider (assuming it carries SEC Network) and plug in your login stuff, then have it on a TV. I'm comfy watching the SEC+ games on my computer with a 32" TV as a monitor. The rest of the televised games are SEC Network, ESPNU, and the Sunday game against Vandy is ESPN2.

The only games that won't be televised are when we play on the road against the smaller, instate programs like Furman, Coastal, The Citadel, and Clempson.

Re: Looking at the Baseball Schedule......

Originally posted by GamecockTripp:
The only games that won't be televised are when we play on the road against the smaller, instate programs like Furman, Coastal, The Citadel, and Clempson.
Unless, of course, Fox Sports or somesuch televises the games.

Wouldn't be surprised if Furman, The Citadel, Coastal, Clemron, etc. streams those games as in past years, and are viewable for $$$.

SoCon now has their own digital streaming service - http://www.socondigitalnetwork.com/. Check closer to our away games with Furman and The Citadel - we may appear on that streaming service.

Re: Looking at the Baseball Schedule......

Originally posted by pepsicock:
Citadel is free streaming all year except when they play Carolina. Imagine that .
Well they aren't stupid. They know they can make some money on that one. Probably more on that one game than they could make all year on the other games.

Keep in mind, the games that say SEC+ you cannot see them if you are on Time Warner Cable. Not on the PC, not on apple TV, Roku nothing.

A little help here... I'm now on DISH, and I have Windstream as my ISP. I know for a fact that Windsteam dropped their agreement with ESPN3 last year so I couldn't watch streaming games carried on ESPN

Will I be able to watch the baseball games that stream on SEC network? (I think they are actually carried on the ESPNwatch website?? This is all getting too complicated!

Your carrier has to have an agreement to carry the SEC+ network it order for you to stream those games.

I think they are interconnected. I tried streaming a ladies' basketball game and the prompt took me to a list of approved providers and if you are not on there, then it will not go through.

USC issued a statement saying they are trying to work with the SECN and Time Warner and other providers in SC to resolve the issue of SECN+ not being available to USC fans. They said they were hoping to fix the problem by the start of baseball season. Only a few weeks left, so they better hurry up.

Originally posted by Cocky kebo57:

Originally posted by Garnet chicken:
Your carrier has to have an agreement to carry the SEC+ network it order for you to stream those games.
An agreement with SECN, or with ESPN??
An agreement to carry SECN+, which is the online only channel for the SECN, like ESPN3 is online only for ESPN. Your carrier has to have a separate contract to carry the SECN+, just as they have a separate contract to carry ESPN3.

Originally posted by Cocky kebo57:

A little help here... I'm now on DISH, and I have Windstream as my ISP. I know for a fact that Windsteam dropped their agreement with ESPN3 last year so I couldn't watch streaming games carried on ESPN

Will I be able to watch the baseball games that stream on SEC network? (I think they are actually carried on the ESPNwatch website?? This is all getting too complicated!
I don't think people understand your question. For you to be able to watch games on the ESPN3/SECN+ "channels" you will need to verify your TV programming subscription, NOT your Internet subscription. If Windstream actually blocks the WatchESPN site, get an AppleTV, Roku, FireTV, Chromecast or a set-top device (all under $100). This way, you get to watch all those games on TV and not a laptop or computer monitor.

Instructions:
Connect your device to your TV and add it to your home wireless network. Open the WatchESPN app. Click activate. Select Dish Network. It will give you a code and a URL. Go to the URL and type in the code. It will send you to the Dish Network site. All you have to do is login with your Dish user name and password. You're done.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT