ADVERTISEMENT

Looking back, it might have been a blessing to lose out of the SEC...

cockburg

Gold Member
Aug 11, 2006
Manning SC
Tournament so quickly, it gave a us a much needed long break. We looked like a different team when we started NCAA tournament play. I also like the long break this tournament give us between rounds , I think that fits our team well. I'm fired up!!!

I agree with you, even tho at the time it seemed like a horrible loss in our first game of the SEC tournament. The magic started happening when we got a generous #7 seed & basically playing in our own backyard.

Good point

But then again, the baseball team hasn't been on the bubble for missing the regionals in about 25 years...
Just rounding out my point with fairness to our failings in Hoover.

As an aside - I have never once thought to myself, "Hey, I've got the weekend free. Maybe I'll go see the SEC tourney in Hoover."

But then again, the baseball team hasn't been on the bubble for missing the regionals in about 25 years...
Just rounding out my point with fairness to our failings in Hoover.

As an aside - I have never once thought to myself, "Hey, I've got the weekend free. Maybe I'll go see the SEC tourney in Hoover."

Have you forgotten about our glorious 2015 baseball season?

I agree in retrospect it was nice, but a 7 seed was incredibly generous, and being in the Greenville region was also incredibly generous.

The stars aligned, but we absolutely sucked towards the end of the season.

Tournament so quickly, it gave a us a much needed long break. We looked like a different team when we started NCAA tournament play. I also like the long break this tournament give us between rounds , I think that fits our team well. I'm fired up!!!
I believe all these conference tournaments have now become irrelevant anyway. Discontinue them and add one or at most two regular-season conference games for everybody. Let the committee use the already-existing criteria to determine who gets NCAA bids.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
It also worked out well for UF. I said in another thread just after the Duke win that I'll never again complain about being one and done in the SEC tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT