ADVERTISEMENT

Looks Like Brent Venables is OK Bound

If Muschamp is to become a DC again, UGA is a good fit because he will always have talent to work with. Muschamp is not good at making steak out of hamburger. But, he can make steak sizzle. His inability to make players overachieve makes him among the most overrated DC's I have ever seen. Any decent DC can look great with Georgia's talent.
Muschamp cant' make players overachieve ? Look , he got a skinny 3-star Mukuamu to play pretty well: 3 Int's in the biggest Carolina upset against UGA--on route to drafted to Dallas Cowboys--again a skinny 3-star db ! Muschamp got a 3-star player at Florida up to a FIRST-ROUND DRAFT pick to the NFL. Muschamp got a fat Defensive Lineman to lose weight , condition himself--until he gradually blossomed into a FIRST-ROUND D L man to the 49ers of the NFL. Muschamp HAS done great things with average talent--and some of you must be so blind with your biasness against Muschamp. I like to Check my facts first.

Well, sure YOU would… because any Clemson fan would consider themselves to be “happy” under those conditions. Clearly, 3 million wasn’t enough for Brent to be “happy” at Clemson forever. He was just biding his time, being a good boy, to make sure you got your moneys’ worth while he was waiting for the job that actually WOULD make him happy in Norman, OK. That’s way more than most coaches give you, so be happy with the product you received and now begin spending the rest of your life referring to it as “The Good Ol’ Days”, because it will never ever be the same again.
My repose wasn’t about football at all just life in general. I have already passed up a higher paying job in my life to keep my family where we were living. Granted it not being millions more but it would have defiantly allowed us to live more comfortable.

Muschamp cant' make players overachieve ? Look , he got a skinny 3-star Mukuamu to play pretty well: 3 Int's in the biggest Carolina upset against UGA--on route to drafted to Dallas Cowboys--again a skinny 3-star db ! Muschamp got a 3-star player at Florida up to a FIRST-ROUND DRAFT pick to the NFL. Muschamp got a fat Defensive Lineman to lose weight , condition himself--until he gradually blossomed into a FIRST-ROUND D L man to the 49ers of the NFL. Muschamp HAS done great things with average talent--and some of you must be so blind with your biasness against Muschamp. I like to Check my facts first.
Yep....just because he doesn't have the "vision" or can't create the "culture" as a head coach, doesn't mean he isn't a very good coordinator or position coach.

Reactions: chief2791
What's wrong with that?
🤷
No hire is a slam dunk although Riley and Kelly are probably close but their schools ponied up $10 million. Many schools (including Virginia, including USC) would pull some crazy names if they had that kind of scratch on the table. UVa will probably balk at half that (or less) because they want an assistant on the cheap. Like Elliott, who the Tates can’t wait to jettison. It is much more likely if he was hired that he’s .500 in 5 years, than that the other 2 aren’t hugely successful. Yeah, they are football schools, but Virginia has more money than they do. Elliott needs to be immediately passed on. And if you’re going for career assistant, go here. Poindexter’s and the school’s inability to come to terms is likely in about the $2 million neighborhood considering Bronco was at $4, and he was a HC for years. They already have 1 family willing to write at least a $100+ million check

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT