ADVERTISEMENT

Lots of new QBs in the SEC East

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 28, 2021
Georgia - Stetson Bennett is gone. Maybe Carson Beck takes his place. Couple of big recruits behind him.
Florida - Anthony Richardson is gone. Maybe Graham Mertz. Option 2 Miller looked meh against Orgeon St in the bowl
Tennerrssee - Hendon Hooker is gone. Joe Milton takes his place. Big arm. Not very accurate.
Kentucky - Will Levis is gone. Devin Leary from NC State takes his place. Lots of injuries. Looked decent against ACC defenses
Mizzou - Brady Cook is back. Serviceable but nothing special last year.
Vandy - AJ Swann is back. Again, serviceable but nothing special.

Seems to me, with Rattler, we have the best combination of talent and experience in the east. The QB position isn't everything, but its the most important position on the field. Without a good QB against SEC defenses, you are pretty much fight for not last in either division. Loggains is a big question mark at this point, but I like what I hear from him. He is certainly in the best spot an incoming OC has inherited here at SC, so there is reason to be optimistic. The rest of the skilled position pieces are there. Hopefully he can put them together to build on the success from the end of last season. OL is a question mark too. Lost a lot, but not entirely sure that is a terrible thing. Might be good to see a little bit of a shake up there. New OL coach has a task ahead of him.

Cliffs: For once, we have the best QB in the East and that should give us a chance to win it.

Reactions: ToddFlanders
Not so sure about that, Rattler is no where to be found on most 2023 qb lists, beck as #2 before a bad week of practice and bennett took his job, dawg fans think he is a lot better than bennet and nfl ready! You’re right oline will have to show me, and you have to have to proven sec rb’s, sorry but we don’t have one proben rb at this point! I see potential, but potential doesn’t win games!

Georgia - Stetson Bennett is gone. Maybe Carson Beck takes his place. Couple of big recruits behind him.
Florida - Anthony Richardson is gone. Maybe Graham Mertz. Option 2 Miller looked meh against Orgeon St in the bowl
Tennerrssee - Hendon Hooker is gone. Joe Milton takes his place. Big arm. Not very accurate.
Kentucky - Will Levis is gone. Devin Leary from NC State takes his place. Lots of injuries. Looked decent against ACC defenses
Mizzou - Brady Cook is back. Serviceable but nothing special last year.
Vandy - AJ Swann is back. Again, serviceable but nothing special.

Seems to me, with Rattler, we have the best combination of talent and experience in the east. The QB position isn't everything, but its the most important position on the field. Without a good QB against SEC defenses, you are pretty much fight for not last in either division. Loggains is a big question mark at this point, but I like what I hear from him. He is certainly in the best spot an incoming OC has inherited here at SC, so there is reason to be optimistic. The rest of the skilled position pieces are there. Hopefully he can put them together to build on the success from the end of last season. OL is a question mark too. Lost a lot, but not entirely sure that is a terrible thing. Might be good to see a little bit of a shake up there. New OL coach has a task ahead of him.

Cliffs: For once, we have the best QB in the East and that should give us a chance to win it.
I think it’s pretty naïve to think that USC has the potential to have a better offense than say…….UGA because of Rattler.

I think it’s pretty naïve to think that USC has the potential to have a better offense than say…….UGA because of Rattler.

UGA has few more shiny pieces, but I'm not sure they are going to look that great with a new QB. I think they definitely take a step back. Not sure what happens here. Big question mark for them. Loggains is the big question mark for us. Hopefully he can pick up where we left off last year. The combo of Rattler/Wells is going to be big for us. Lots of people wants to "simplify" the offense, but a simple offense is also simple for the opposing defense to figure out. Beamer said the offensive is still going to be about the same with a few tweaks, so I feel better about where we might be than I did right after the hire. I think we are going to find out the Beamer is and has been way more in the offense that we thought.

QB is the only position that matters for sustained success over a season - I definitely like all the other teams with question marks there.

QB is the only position that matters for sustained success over a season - I definitely like all the other teams with question marks there.
Unless we find a way to significantly improve our D-line, the best QB in the East will be great but wins won’t come easily.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT