ADVERTISEMENT

Lou out at ESPN

robertfootball

GarnetTrust.com Member/Supporter
Gold Member
Sep 29, 2006
SC
Just saw it on my facebook news feed. It was mutual apparently. Gonna miss him because Lou was always entertaining to watch and he always loved and supported the Gamecocks no matter who we played!

This post was edited on 4/12 9:34 PM by robertfootball

mad.r191677.gif

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/12/report-lou-holtz-espn-parting-ways/
This post was edited on 4/13 12:26 AM by pepsicock

Originally posted by robertfootball:
Just saw it on my facebook news feed. It was mutual apparently. Gonna miss him because Lou was always entertaining to watch and he always loved and supported the Gamecocks no matter who we played!

This post was edited on 4/12 9:34 PM by robertfootball
I wonder if his wife Beth had something to do with him leaving?? Lou may want to spend more time with her...

He said at the beginning of last football season that this past year would be his last.

Yes, he said (in published reports) before the season started that 2014 would be his last. Which makes the tone of the "Holtz out at ESPN" stories kind of weird. The tone makes it as if he was let go or "mutually" forced out. Uh, he said a year ago that he was out after 2014.

He changed his mind and wanted to stay another year. ESPN declined and Holtz called a day. Don't be surprised if you see. Him on the ND coverage. His agent says he wants to work this year.

Sorry but not broken up that he's leaving. Yes he was a homer for us but he provided almost no analysis at all.

Not at all what I read. Said with the show host leaving, he felt like it was time. Said he loves ESPN and really enjoyed it, but after 10 years it's time to retire and turn it over to the youngsters. But the article I read said the timing was just right, with the host leaving for game day, good time to revamp the whole thing, good time for him to go. As was said, he already said a year ago he was leaving and the host going to Gsmeday just reinforced his decision. And ESPN agreed time to just redo the whole show.
Originally posted by alston:
He changed his mind and wanted to stay another year. ESPN declined and Holtz called a day. Don't be surprised if you see. Him on the ND coverage. His agent says he wants to work this year.

One more reason to mute ESPN when I "must" watch their broadcasts. Mark May is a babbling fool.

It was a good run. I'll miss seeing Lou get excited about the Gamecocks on air. I appreciate everything he did for my alma mater, The University of South Carolina.

Originally posted by Carolina Bo:
He said at the beginning of last football season that this past year would be his last.
Yes he did, so I'm confused why many seem surprised.....

Originally posted by Jack_Burton:
Yes, he said (in published reports) before the season started that 2014 would be his last. Which makes the tone of the "Holtz out at ESPN" stories kind of weird. The tone makes it as if he was let go or "mutually" forced out. Uh, he said a year ago that he was out after 2014.
I agree with your comments 110%. But remember, we now live in an era of created news, not facts.

Every November, WIS-TV has my favorite..... "SNOW in the forecast.... tune-in at 11".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT