ADVERTISEMENT

Louisiana Governor Says No LSU Football If Taxes Aren't Increased

"Facing a budget crisis, Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards says higher education in the state could be compromised. And that includes the possibility of college athletics in Louisiana being canceled. In a statewide televised address Thursday, Edwards said campuses could run out of money and be forced to shut down in April, highlighting the LSU football team as one of the potential losses from massive cuts to higher education funding."

http://espn.go.com/college-football...ture-lsu-tigers-football-tax-proposals-passed

I'm surprised that the LSU fans haven't asked for his impeachment???

You don't mess with LSU football or anything to do with SEC sports...

This governor is showing that he's no economic dunce! If the state is in a financial crunch, start at the top and cut the biggest revenue generators. That way, you'll eliminate the credit side side of the ledger...and have only one side left to deal with. I think it's brilliant! Can I write this guy in Saturday?

No actually I do not use wiki, I majored in Business and have ran many businesses some were successful others not. Supply side economics is total BS. Even the text books say it is. You assume too much, like if the business can make and distribute products cheaper the price will fall making it more affordable for everyone causing more demand. But we all know savings in production cost almost never reach the consumer. Our economic problems stem from decisions made before I was born. I have no political alliance I dont even vote. But I understand from my travels what no taxes means, As for borrow and create. We as a country does not print any money at all. We have always borrowed it from the fed, the federal reserve sells our bonds. My point is money is BULL it doesnt even exist. All that exist is resources and the US and the Americas is slam full of resources. Our leaders mismanage those resources over and over. We are being robbed and I can promise you poor people arnt doing the robbing and arnt benefiting from it. I just moved here to NO and enrolled a child in public middle school. So I had to purchase school uniforms because thats the rules. 300$ for 3 shirts 3 pants and a sweater. Could have purchased all from Target for 125$ but couldnt because every school has a different logo. And each item must contain the logo. I asked what if the child couldnt afford the clothes? The reply was they dont go to school.
Why couldnt everyschool in the US have one dress code, not uniforms with logos? Why? what if i had 4 young growing kids? That could add up very quickly. Why are teachers buying school supplys with their own money? Cause the schools are broke. Taxes are a part of life. Why are our tax dollars mismanaged? Why doesnt congress have term limits? Why are our districts drawn either for one party or the other instead of 50/50? Why does citizens United exist? Why do we let the media divide us? Why isnt civics and basic government functions taught in school? Why do more people know who Miley Cirus is than Clarence Thomas? Why do we allow our representatives and political leaders pedal lies? How did we let 19 people bring down the world trade centers? Why did we let that lead us to war with not only 2 countries but a religion? Why does everyone think Mexico isnt safe? Why isnt basic macro and micro economics taught in school? why do children have 500 dollar telephones/computers in their pockets? Why are companies allowed to lie to us? What happened to false advertising? Why do we follow sports instead of cspan? Why doesnt our government dredge the ports in Charleston? Why do our roads suck? Why cant we drink tap water? Why do Marketing campaigns tell us what to do? Why dont people US start addressing these questions?And the millions more? Why cant people eat? Why are our veterans homeless? Why is our Military in 213 bases out side the US. Why do we ocupy everywhere? Why is all this crap happening? Why are financial institutions allowed to gamble our deposits on the stock market and then turn around and lend 90% more money than cash on hand? Why when they lend money that doesnt exist and the loan defaults are they allowed to repo real property? But if they lose money they are bailed out? Why don't rich people understand they pay more taxes? Why are people allowed to use off shore accounts to hide money? Why am I even asking yall these questions?

You lost me at "even the text books say it"......but I'll go one step further......you jumped in when I was simply saying NC and California sucked at the way they tax their citizens. I have tons of family and friends in NC, and like them and really like the state. My point was I would never want to actually live there. But somehow, you want to discuss supply side economics with me? How you turned things from the point of most posters in this thread (corrupt politicians), to supply side eco is beyond me.

And trust me, I too know lots about economics

You lost me at "even the text books say it"......but I'll go one step further......you jumped in when I was simply saying NC and California sucked at the way they tax their citizens. I have tons of family and friends in NC, and like them and really like the state. My point was I would never want to actually live there. But somehow, you want to discuss supply side economics with me? How you turned things from the point of most posters in this thread (corrupt politicians), to supply side eco is beyond me.

And trust me, I too know lots about economics
Because Supply side economics do not work, It just doesnt as Macro on a Micro level it could. My point is we argue not just on here but everywhere about things that are either proven or dont matter. Cheaper production cost do not equal cheaper products. It equals more profits. How those profits are spent is up to the people making those decisions. And IVE NEVER EVER heard someone even suggest in dropping the price. You would be laughed out of the meeting. Making sure the bottom 80% have the ability to purchase products helps, Totally agree about monopolies being broken up. VIACOM, GE, CITI, WALMART, GREYHOUND,

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT