ADVERTISEMENT

Lowest ratings for NFL in 5 years

Not true...there are a lot of great stories in the league this fall...Ratings should be soaring...But #boycottNFL is working...This tank in the rating is due to Collin Kaepernick and nothing else
Do the ratings take into account all the differing ways you can watch NFL games now? I could see streaming having an effect since a lot of people are now cutting the cable, but have no idea if that's accounted for or even if there it is enough to make an impact.

Also, which age groups are the ratings declining in?

Reactions: HI Cock
.and they will still make billions this year. I haven't watched any part of any game this year.

Do the ratings take into account all the differing ways you can watch NFL games now? I could see streaming having an effect since a lot of people are now cutting the cable, but have no idea if that's accounted for or even if there it is enough to make an impact.

Also, which age groups are the ratings declining in?
Watched on Twitter the past 2 weeks. Pretty cool. Don't need cable, can stream from my phone to my TV. I wish one sports league would really get ahead of the program here.

Same thing happened with NBC Olympics. Why would you watch replays at night when you can stream live to your phone?
Right now there's no metric for measuring watching it on other devices. Want to start a business with me that figures out that part?

.and they will still make billions this year. I haven't watched any part of any game this year.

That's a lot more than me. I haven't watched a full NFL game since - hell, I can't remember when. I just can't get excited over some commercial enterprise in Detroit, Buffalo, Denver, Chicago, et al.

I do watch short clips of former Gamecocks' exploits in the NFL - occassionaly.

Just cancelled my cable...way too expensive for the number of alternative viewing methods

This rating is just for the Sunday night games which have all been blow outs and have not retained their audience. What is total ratings? Are they up, down, flat?

Not true...there are a lot of great stories in the league this fall...Ratings should be soaring...But #boycottNFL is working...This tank in the rating is due to Collin Kaepernick and nothing else
While I agree with your post overall, I disagree with the "not true" response to RF's post. QB play sucks for the most part & there are too many commercials, both making it hard to enjoy. Perhaps I'm just getting older, but I remember when every game was a must-see. When I read the matchups for each week, there are only a couple of games I would give a crap about if I wasn't boycotting for the most part.

Thanks to Cam and Kaperstupid! I could deal with Cams crap because he is just immature. Kaperstupid is a complete buffoon! His day will come when someone robs his wealthy but or kills someone close to him but until then his antics push the stupid meter on many ignorant people!!!! God Bless Police Officers!!!

I love college football. Can watch from noon to midnight. I could care less if the NFL plays another game.

The politically correct NCAA, NFL and other major sports are ruining sports by injecting their opinions on people who don't go for it. The same with major news networks.
The NFL isn't "interjecting their opinion" on anyone, including the players. That is why people are upset. The fans want the NFL to impose their opinions on the players.

The NFL isn't "interjecting their opinion" on anyone, including the players. That is why people are upset. The fans want the NFL to impose their opinions on the players.
Not true...The intelligent fans recognize the gameday environment as a workplace...There is no freedom of speech in the work place...Fans have a reasonable expectation the NFL would demand respect for our anthem and flag in the work place...If you believe freedom of speech exists in the workplace go on your job and protest Islam or Obama

What you guys fail to realize is that if the NFL goes under, you can kiss college football goodbye.

Not true...The intelligent fans recognize the gameday environment as a workplace...There is no freedom of speech in the work place...Fans have a reasonable expectation the NFL would demand respect for our anthem and flag in the work place...If you believe freedom of speech exists in the workplace go on your job and protest Islam or Obama
You are right, but that is not what I said. You actually proved my point. The NFL and the owner are not restricting their employees or imposing the owners' or the fans' beliefs on their employees. They are letting their employees do what they want.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT