ADVERTISEMENT

LSU/Arkansas jump to the Big 12? (link)

No way the money is better in the SEC. They were hoping to make money from the network in 3 or 4 years? And here they are making 3 million in the 1st year. Every school is the country would love to be in the SEC. Every school.

Reactions: picock
If LSU is really upset with the SEC, then the situation of favoritism in the Big 12 would be 10x worse.

If anyone believes this will happen is foolish at best. The "one" conference that can cherry pick members has "one or two" that would leave ? NOT !!!!!! There is no upside to this....

No way the money is better in the SEC. They were hoping to make money from the network in 3 or 4 years? And here they are making 3 million in the 1st year. Every school is the country would love to be in the SEC. Every school.

I hear ya, but not EVERY school, esp those in the Big Ten since they're bringing in more $$ than SEC schools.

5 million for each school the 1st year . That is crazy .The big 12 and more importantly the ACC will falling further and further behind. It took the big 10 network 6 years to get to 7 million for each school. Within 5 years the SECNETWORK will give the schools check of 20 million.

LSU leaving is laughable. But Arkansas does have a segment of fans who see the Texas schools as natural rivals and may have nostalgia about returning. (Sound familiar?) But the money precludes it ever happening.

I never said I believed they would leave. All I was saying is that if they did leave, it wouldn't be any better for them in the big 12. The only teams the big 12 cares for is Texas and Oklahoma.

LSU leaving is laughable. But Arkansas does have a segment of fans who see the Texas schools as natural rivals and may have nostalgia about returning. (Sound familiar?) But the money precludes it ever happening.
Yes, and like our fans that still wax nostalgic about our days in the ACC, even those Arkansas fans admit that annual games against LSU, A&M, Alabama, and Auburn is more exciting than annual matchups against Texas and Oklahoma.

Does the SEC have an exit fee? I don't know because I've never heard or read anything about one. There's a reason for that.

Yes, and like our fans that still wax nostalgic about our days in the ACC, even those Arkansas fans admit that annual games against LSU, A&M, Alabama, and Auburn is more exciting than annual matchups against Texas and Oklahoma.

Does the SEC have an exit fee? I don't know because I've never heard or read anything about one. There's a reason for that.
Yes the SEC does have an exit fee. It is called losing a potential $20 million a year LSU is not going anywhere.

Reactions: Mike Rapp

Our fans that "wax nostalgic" are getting up there age wise. It really bears repeating we left the ACC before Watergate. And we've now been SEC members longer than we were in the ACC. But I still hear them talk about those days when I go to Gamecock club events. It's interesting but nothing more.

Our fans that "wax nostalgic" are getting up there age wise. It really bears repeating we left the ACC before Watergate. And we've now been SEC members longer than we were in the ACC. But I still hear them talk about those days when I go to Gamecock club events. It's interesting but nothing more.
Since you didn't live it, it's hard to understand but just try to imagine how much it bothered the ACC when FM1 went undefeated in regular season. John Roche made the Big Four look like anything but. That hasn't happened too often and I guess the ACC still admits it when posting a history.
A lot of us older fans REALLY hated the ACC competition and that made BB and FB so exciting. I don't hate anyone in the SEC.

After reading all the blackhole retarded replies to this thread, I'm actually sorry I created it

I could see LSU leaving, they could dominate the big 12 and go to more playoffs. LSU leaving would hurt the SEC at the same time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT