ADVERTISEMENT

LSU fans pissed at Dawn and her comments

budman1976

May 10, 2005
Chapin, SC
Oh lord Dawn has upset the lsu fan base and all 7k new lsu women's basketball fans 🙄. According to their comments Mulkey is taking over the sec and they have arrived. Even as far as guaranteed the next game is different.....think they don't realize we were missing players still. But they are probably right, next time will be different as it won't be a close match up. But tiger fans go eat a corndog and go listen to your new norther southern football coach give another ridiculous speech.

Tigerbait

Oh lord Dawn has upset the lsu fan base and all 7k new lsu women's basketball fans 🙄. According to their comments Mulkey is taking over the sec and they have arrived. Even as far as guaranteed the next game is different.....think they don't realize we were missing players still. But they are probably right, next time will be different as it won't be a close match up. But tiger fans go eat a corndog and go listen to your new norther southern football coach give another ridiculous speech.

Tigerbait
Beat Mizzu!

they never mention the fact that she was asked a question about it, they take it out of context to make it look like Staley was whining or complaining out of nowhere. Dawn obviously is friends with the previous coach and wasn't going to throw her under the bus like the person who asked the question wanted.

This is just a case of LSU making up something out of nothing to feel like victims to make Dawn look bad because they can't beat her on the court like they thought they were going to last night. Almost as pathetic as them celebrating a 6 point home loss!

Last edited:

Tigerbait

Oh lord. Are we going to pretend we aren't bandwagon women's basketball fans?

LSU played us tough last year. They lost to us by 4 and 7 points. The only difference in the games from last year was that there were more people to watch it in Baton Rouge this time.
excactly, they are spinning this 6 point loss as a "we're getting better, that last coach sucked" thing for recruiting purposes and according to LSU they will surely beat us next year... and after that! once Boston is gone it's over! Mulkey is the next Saban! only a 6 point loss!

Fact is they were out coached and outplayed and don't want to admit it.

excactly, they are spinning this 6 point loss as a "we're getting better, that last coach sucked" thing for recruiting purposes and according to LSU they will surely beat us next year... and after that! once Boston is gone it's over! Mulkey is the next Saban! only a 6 point loss!

Fact is they were out coached and outplayed and don't want to admit it.

Kim Mulkey is a 3x national champion coach. Maybe you should take a step back before writing them off in her first year.

Kim Mulkey is a 3x national champion coach. Maybe you should take a step back before writing them off in her first year.

Right now I don't think Carolina is overly concerned with her or LSU. That being said LSU has shown that will do anything in the basketball department to win ( look no farther than Will Wade). They didn't bring Mulkey in to not be a contender at all cost.

Right now I don't think Carolina is overly concerned with her or LSU. That being said LSU has shown that will do anything in the basketball department to win ( look no farther than Will Wade). They didn't bring Mulkey in to not be a contender at all cost.

" . . . at all cost." Exactly! Hello, NCAA Infractions Committee. When the Corn Dog people hire a new coach, they expect an immediate return on their investment. Watch 'em.

What was the difference after the Tigers played so well early on, flashing so much effort, enthusiasm and energy it practically mirrored the glittery jacket Mulkey wore?

Staley jokingly took credit for that.

“I took a look down at my phone (at halftime),” she said, “and saw all the social media coaches, and made some adjustments.”

Go Cocks!

We aren't. Women's basketball has a long history at USC. I guess now that you can't bash Beamer you've had to turn to bashing our women's basketball program.

lol. I doubt many on here could name the women's basketball coach before Staley without googling it. They definitely couldn't tell you how poor the attendance was back then.

Reactions: Whiterockcock69
lol. I doubt many on here could name the women's basketball coach before Staley without googling it. They definitely couldn't tell you how poor the attendance was back then.
I know the previous coach because she and a Tennessee player who I played with in pickup games started a very successful business together.

Reactions: Whiterockcock69
They still play with the same grit,” she said when asked about Fargas’ team last season. “I thought Nikki did a great job getting the most of out of ’em.

Staley's not entirely wrong. Yes, Mulkey would change some things around for them, but she basically inherited the same team Fargas had. Regardless LSU always plays tough.

At the end of the day the crowd has to show for all SEC/other teams and not just when the #1 team comes to town. Let's see if it continues.

Shows what you know. I bet you have never even been to a game much less have any idea what the attendance was. You're as dumb as a stump.

They still play with the same grit,” she said when asked about Fargas’ team last season. “I thought Nikki did a great job getting the most of out of ’em.

Staley's not entirely wrong. Yes, Mulkey would change some things around for them, but she basically inherited the same team Fargas had. Regardless LSU always plays tough.

At the end of the day the crowd has to show for all SEC/other teams and not just when the #1 team comes to town. Let's see if it continues.
Yep. The same core group of players and added the Super Senior forward from Vandy. They also added Alexis Morris who's played at Baylor, Rutgers, Texas A&M and now LSU. It's a team made up of grown women. They should be good and are good.

Mulkey's challenge lies in the future. I have no doubt she'll get them to the tournament regularly, but still yet to be seen if she can duplicate her success she had at Baylor. That was a lot of success!

We're the #1 team right NOW. So everyone is gunning for us, not just LSU. Time to turn our attention to Kentucky.

Yep. The same core group of players and added the Super Senior forward from Vandy. They also added Alexis Morris who's played at Baylor, Rutgers, Texas A&M and now LSU. It's a team made up of grown women. They should be good and are good.

Mulkey's challenge lies in the future. I have no doubt she'll get them to the tournament regularly, but still yet to be seen if she can duplicate her success she had at Baylor. That was a lot of success!

We're the #1 team right NOW. So everyone is gunning for us, not just LSU. Time to turn our attention to Kentucky.
Thoughts on the matchup with KY?

Reactions: DarkCock

Tigerbait

Who really cares what LSU fans think or feel. I care what my team and worry about the next game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT