ADVERTISEMENT

LSU game-SEC tournament

Thought Kingston’s forte was developing pitchers.
Walks and hit batters galore all season.
Sooooo ready for this year to be over.

Thought Kingston’s forte was developing pitchers.
Walks and hit batters galore all season.
Sooooo ready for this year to be over.

You only have an hour or so to wait.
You know you are in trouble when your starting pitcher in the single elimination round of the SEC tournament is a freshman from freakin Cardinal Newman.

Still trying to figure out why, with a lead, we thought Harley and Coyne would be the answer. Go ahead and bring in Sweatt and see how many you can get out of him. Not like we needed to save pitchers for tomorrow. Win today or tomorrow doesn't matter.

Didn't stress this game at all. Anyone that watched this team this year and thought they realistically had a chance in the tourney were delusional. One of those years. Now should a program the level that USC was have "one of those years"? No. But through a bunch of bad talent evaluations in recruiting, injuries, and who knows what else behind the scenes over the course of the last few years, USC finds itself in a spot of totally rebuilding the program. I'm glad it's over to be honest. Tired of hoping each game would turn the corner back to how things used to be, and then realize that wasn't happening. I have to figure that Kingston is a good baseball man and with some luck on the injury bug, get things back on track.

Reactions: USCBatgirl21
Losing last night was indicative of a band aid, just rip it off! Winning would only prolong the pain, and worse, bring out unrealistic sunshine pumpers. While I like the optimism, Kingston doesn’t deserve a pass in any form whatsoever. He is officially on the clock, and next year better be markedly better, or Kingston becomes the band aid.

Losing last night was indicative of a band aid, just rip it off! Winning would only prolong the pain, and worse, bring out unrealistic sunshine pumpers. While I like the optimism, Kingston doesn’t deserve a pass in any form whatsoever. He is officially on the clock, and next year better be markedly better, or Kingston becomes the band aid.
I think next year will be a lot more of the same. We'll get some pitching back, but lose Cullen, Olson, and Hopkins and their bats. So, instead of losing 24-3 like this year, next year we'll lose more like 7-1.
I'm willing to give Kingston some time though. IMO, we gotta give the man the chance to fully implement his philosophy an strategy with his guys. Another couple of seasons like this one and it'll be time to make a move. JMO.

I think next year will be a lot more of the same. We'll get some pitching back, but lose Cullen, Olson, and Hopkins and their bats. So, instead of losing 24-3 like this year, next year we'll lose more like 7-1.
I'm willing to give Kingston some time though. IMO, we gotta give the man the chance to fully implement his philosophy an strategy with his guys. Another couple of seasons like this one and it'll be time to make a move. JMO.
Kingston has forgotten more baseball than I know, but these defensive shifts have bit us in the ass alot more often than not. His system is worthy of criticism thus far.
Keeping the draft in mind, we have a kid or two that are high picks, and they are coming to school.( According to sources). You have to hope all our freshman pitchers make a big jump, there’s talent there.

Reactions: 92Pony
I remember the day when the Gamecocks had a 5-1 lead the game was over in our favor, regardless of the inning.

Reactions: 92Pony
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT