ADVERTISEMENT

LSU going with the Fr QB

LSU has started seven true freshman quarterbacks all-time, the most recent being Brandon Harris against Auburn in 2014.

They've combined for a 3-4 record.

Go Cocks!

Reactions: gamecockblack
I'm interested to see if Muschamp just sits back in a 4-3 or does he blitz every other down like methhead Venables does. We rarely blitzed last weekend and paid the price. We need to put fear in this guy's eyes. He is huge.

Like that guy that played for Kentucky some years ago. I think his name was Jared Lorenzen. I also think he died recently. He was pretty talented too. Hope this one's not.
But I don't believe the Hefty Lefty ever beat us. He was the Giants' backup for several years.

I'm interested to see if Muschamp just sits back in a 4-3 or does he blitz every other down like methhead Venables does. We rarely blitzed last weekend and paid the price. We need to put fear in this guy's eyes. He is huge.
We WON!!! Didn't give up a TD in the 2nd half. While only giving up 2 TDs sautuday while forcing 3 turnovers. As many screens as Chad Morris runs, nobody is gonna blitz auburn alot.

Reactions: shiverz
But I don't believe the Hefty Lefty ever beat us. He was the Giants' backup for several years.
He was more like 275. Pillsbury Throwboy was another nickname. Always enjoyed seeing him play. Looked like King Kong standing there throwing with guys hanging all over him. He never béat us but always made it close.

Reactions: TheReelEss

As the above poster(s) have already stated, we won the game.

My 2 cents?? Bo Nix is a dual threat QB in Malzahn's spread offense that is known to allow for QB scrambles. LSU's offense right now is vastly pro-style passing with pro-style QBs, and the two freshman back-up QBs are pro-style QBs. Finley looks to be the most pro-style of the two: a huge tall statue QB that will pass, pass, pass.

Far moreso than Nix, regardless of him being a freshman in his first start, Finley looks to be the better candidate for us to blitz, because he'll most likely still be there in the pocket when we arrive. And if he chooses to leave the pocket, he'll be most likely to drop off substantially in passing efficiency. That's where Horn and Mukuamu will come in, hopefully.....

I'm more concerned with LSU's defense, especially their run defense. They are dead last right now in the SEC in passing defense, and that drags them down a bit in total defense. Maybe Hill and Smith will have a strong game, but we need that good balance, and not let LSU jump out on top in the scoring, and give their home crowd something to go wild about.....

lsu beatable. stetson bennett stinks. dunno bout yall, but this years been so crazy, why not usc-bama for a chance at the sec title???

I think we will be aggressive, not a time to go into the old "pressure with four"mode".

As the above poster(s) have already stated, we won the game.

My 2 cents?? Bo Nix is a dual threat QB in Malzahn's spread offense that is known to allow for QB scrambles. LSU's offense right now is vastly pro-style passing with pro-style QBs, and the two freshman back-up QBs are pro-style QBs. Finley looks to be the most pro-style of the two: a huge tall statue QB that will pass, pass, pass.

Far moreso than Nix, regardless of him being a freshman in his first start, Finley looks to be the better candidate for us to blitz, because he'll most likely still be there in the pocket when we arrive. And if he chooses to leave the pocket, he'll be most likely to drop off substantially in passing efficiency. That's where Horn and Mukuamu will come in, hopefully.....

I'm more concerned with LSU's defense, especially their run defense. They are dead last right now in the SEC in passing defense, and that drags them down a bit in total defense. Maybe Hill and Smith will have a strong game, but we need that good balance, and not let LSU jump out on top in the scoring, and give their home crowd something to go wild about.....
Well said.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT