ADVERTISEMENT

LSU paying Orgeron full $17 million value of his contract

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
One thing you won't hear out of LSU is crying about being out of money due to buying out the previous coach and Corono and the economy yadda yadda yadda.
Winners just get better and win. They will pay what it takes to get a great new coach.
Losers make excuses about money. NO SEC school actually has any issue with football money. Loser schools just use it as a crutch to be losers. Cheap out on paying the best and settling for 3rd string.
Just my opinion.

Doing things like this is foreign to USC. Yes, somehow the moon and the stars aligned for a national championship two years ago. Since then, they are a mediocre football team. LSU doesn't tolerate mediocrity like USC does. They make a move. And I guarantee that their serious interviews won't be two non power 5 coaches (one of which didn't want the job), and a 20 year assistant that had never even elevated to a coordinator. They are serious about winning.

Big price tag for LSU to get rid of a coach that won a national title, went 49-17 and 13-5 against top 10 teams. They are pretty serious about football over there.

This had a lot to do with him losing the locker room, mishandling of many sexual misconduct allegations (at least 9 players), and recently making profanity laced tirades and comments at fans.

As much as he did make questions coordinator hires…he’s likely still employed for a year or two without all the off the field stuff. Guy was a disaster the last 18 months.

We paid a pretty huge buyout ourselves. Their AD is right up there with Ray Tanner for ever giving Ed Orgeron a $17M buyout. My goodness…

Reactions: Areukidding1
I hear he was on a pretty good tear himself with the young ladies.

This had a lot to do with him losing the locker room, mishandling of many sexual misconduct allegations (at least 9 players), and recently making profanity laced tirades and comments at fans.

As much as he did make questions coordinator hires…he’s likely still employed for a year or two without all the off the field stuff. Guy was a disaster the last 18 months.

We paid a pretty huge buyout ourselves. Their AD is right up there with Ray Tanner for ever giving Ed Orgeron a $17M buyout. My goodness…
Wow...... LSU beat UF with a lost locker room full of players. That is impressive! They looked like they were playing hard.........

Wait their AD and buyout is on par with Ray...lol. They gave theirs money after winning a national championship. They fire baseball coaches who go to Omaha but don't win. We are not the same. I wish we were run like a cutthroat business but we are more of the "good old boy, country club" local business.

Doing things like this is foreign to USC. Yes, somehow the moon and the stars aligned for a national championship two years ago. Since then, they are a mediocre football team. LSU doesn't tolerate mediocrity like USC does. They make a move. And I guarantee that their serious interviews won't be two non power 5 coaches (one of which didn't want the job), and a 20 year assistant that had never even elevated to a coordinator. They are serious about winning.
Doing this thing is foreign to Ray. Man has no financial sense. You don't allow sunk costs to dictate future hires. He has no financial savvy. Very timid moves. He is not a leader but a bureaucrat (sorry meant bureau rat). The bane of any organization is to have a bureau rat as the head. Forget sunk costs, the organization is sunk.

Foreign to USC?
deitzel, Holtz, Spurrier.

Last year, what legit coach wanted to take over this hot mess?

Reactions: Mr CockStrong
Please. No matter who our AD is, we panic over a $12 million buyout. The upper echelon programs in this league get it done no matter what. Auburn and LSU paid much more to clean house. But again, it's wrong to compare ourselves to programs with 100 years of history of winning, while we had 3 good years under a hall of fame coach.
It will be a slow path to progress, but I still think Shane is the right guy.

Please. No matter who our AD is, we panic over a $12 million buyout. The upper echelon programs in this league get it done no matter what. Auburn and LSU paid much more to clean house. But again, it's wrong to compare ourselves to programs with 100 years of history of winning, while we had 3 good years under a hall of fame coach.
It will be a slow path to progress, but I still think Shane is the right guy.
You lost me at..,,. Shane is the guy. Unless the AD shells out a lot of money for a top notch OC Shane will never be the guy.

You cannot bring in a rookie who has no coordinator experience and expect to compete in the SEC. we are exactly where we should expect to be and will always be, unless changes are made at the end of the season.

This can't be about football. Ed getting whacked because somebody has to take (handsomely compensated) fall for the lawlessness of the athletic department.

Wow...... LSU beat UF with a lost locker room full of players. That is impressive! They looked like they were playing hard.........
You read the article? I’m guessing you didn’t based on your reply.

Wait their AD and buyout is on par with Ray...lol. They gave theirs money after winning a national championship. They fire baseball coaches who go to Omaha but don't win. We are not the same. I wish we were run like a cutthroat business but we are more of the "good old boy, country club" local business.
I never said we were the same. But there was no reason to give Ed Orgeron a $17M buyout. Most folks who know Orgeron aren’t surprised at what’s happened to this program. As the article stated…they knew he caught lightning in a bottle.

5r2i7z.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT