ADVERTISEMENT

LSU simplifies defense

uscnoklahoma2

Apr 16, 2017
LSU has simplified over the bye week. Need to confuse their O line and freshman QB who has accuracy issues. Pressure definitely impacts accuracy.

As for defense they focused on staying in gaps and assignments. Misdirection might should be used to test them early.

"We have a lot of guys just staying in one spot, regardless of the formation," Cox said. "We're matching numbers this week and it's a lot simpler things to not confuse our checks presnap and postsnap."

Last edited:
LSU has simplified over the bye week. Need to confuse their O line and freshman QB who has accuracy issues. Pressure definitely impacts accuracy.

As for defense they focused on staying in gaps and assignments. Misdirection might should be used to test them early.

"We have a lot of guys just staying in one spot, regardless of the formation," Cox said. "We're matching numbers this week and it's a lot simpler things to not confuse our checks presnap and postsnap."

Any time a team has to simplify things on offense or defense during the season it’s a bad sign. Usually it means your guys aren’t physically talented enough to run a system.

They certainly have talent, either they aren’t being coached correctly or they have some bigger issues on the team that haven’t been reported.

In this case, I don’t think I’ve ever heard of a team winning a National Championship then having to simplify things almost halfway through the following season. Really odd.

Reactions: TheReelEss
Any time a team has to simplify things on offense or defense during the season it’s a bad sign. Usually it means your guys aren’t physically talented enough to run a system.

They certainly have talent, either they aren’t being coached correctly or they have some bigger issues on the team that haven’t been reported.

In this case, I don’t think I’ve ever heard of a team winning a National Championship then having to simplify things almost halfway through the following season. Really odd.

We went through that some years back. Can't recall if it was under Champ or Spurrier. But it seemed like literally every week they were saying they needed to simplify things. After a while, it was like "what else is there left to simplify?"

If defensive guys are staying in one place you have to get mismatches. LB on RB or WR or Safeties covering WR.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2

They lost 34 players last year to graduation and the draft. Plus several op outs for this season, they are talented just young, so it’s no surprise what they’re having to do.

Reactions: Goose cock
Simplify is code for someone sucks. It’s a nice way of saying your players are either too dumb or not capable of doing what you coach them to do.

LSU is the example that’s more likely. You win a title and others come to poach all your coaches.
That’s our problem with Clemson. He’s pretty much kept his people in place. Or at least at a much, much slower rate of turnover than all others.

If they would have played backups more last year instead of trying to set offensive/defensive records, they would not be so young.
That's what the best HC do, keeps them at the top with no/small drop off the next season.

Burrough averaged 4tds a game , they couldnt play the backup QB more?

Hope you guys beat that ass today!

If they would have played backups more last year instead of trying to set offensive/defensive records, they would not be so young.
That's what the best HC do, keeps them at the top with no/small drop off the next season.

Burrough averaged 4tds a game , they couldnt play the backup QB more?

Hope you guys beat that ass today!
Burrow

Joe Burrow

Won the Heisman

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT