ADVERTISEMENT

LSU to play “Sandstorm” to honor South Carolina pre-game tradition

03_TIGERS_07

Sep 29, 2007
LSU to play “Sandstorm” to honor South Carolina pre-game tradition
Posted : 34 mins ago
Share on facebookShare on twitterShare on emailShare on printMore Sharing Services0

Chris Graythen Getty Images
LSU
Matt Barbato
SEC Country staff

LSU fans might be confused when they get to Tiger Stadium this weekend because Saturday’s game might feel more like a South Carolina home game. According to KALB’s Kelsey Wingert, LSU will play Darude’s 2000 hit single, “Sandstorm,” before the opening kickoff on Saturday.

The Gamecocks play the fast-paced, techno song before kickoff of every home game. This is one of the many gestures LSU will present South Carolina with this weekend. In addition to the techno classic, the LSU marching band will also play South Carolina’s fight song and alma mater during the Gamecock’s pregame routine.

In a symbolic act, LSU’s student government will present South Carolina student representatives with the keys to Tiger Stadium. In addition to the music and pregame ceremonies, LSU plans to host a tailgate for Tiger and Gamecock fans complete with free food and drink.

Outstanding. Many awesome things done by the LSU folks.

Should make that beat down a little easier to take. :)

Outstanding. Many awesome things done by the LSU folks.

Should make that beat down a little easier to take. :)
Exactly... While all of this is so kind and thoughtful...
I cannot help but feel like they wouldn't be making all of these concessions to our comfort unless they were CERTAIN they were about to smash our faces in on the field! I cannot help but think if it was... Ohh... ALABAMA orrrr... FLORIDA... Someone they had reason to think of as an equal... They would not be making all these special efforts to ensure their comfort. JMHO

I hate to put a negative spin on it, but that is just how I feel... Kind of like they are smiling in our face while laughing behind our backs!

Regardless it is nice for so many teams and states to be putting so much effort into helping the midlands through this crisis... Hopefully the worst is behind us and the end of this mess is near!

Wish we had a FB team worth watching to help us keep our mind off what has been going on! Hate to sound so negative, but as of now we DO NOT have that. It hurts more to watch this team play than any I have seen in a decade!

Exactly... While all of this is so kind and thoughtful...
I cannot help but feel like they wouldn't be making all of these concessions to our comfort unless they were CERTAIN they were about to smash our faces in on the field! I cannot help but think if it was... Ohh... ALABAMA orrrr... FLORIDA... Someone they had reason to think of as an equal... They would not be making all these special efforts to ensure their comfort. JMHO

I hate to put a negative spin on it, but that is just how I feel... Kind of like they are smiling in our face while laughing behind our backs!

Regardless it is nice for so many teams and states to be putting so much effort into helping the midlands through this crisis... Hopefully the worst is behind us and the end of this mess is near!

Wish we had a FB team worth watching to help us keep our mind off what has been going on! Hate to sound so negative, but as of now we DO NOT have that. It hurts more to watch this team play than any I have seen in a decade!

we were only one score ahead of E. Michigan at home last week in the 2nd half, I'm pretty sure Les Miles and LSU would never assume they are going to smash a SOS coached team.

you obviously don't know people from South Louisiana, this is what we do, it's who and what we are.

your assumptions are wrong sir.

as one above said, more than any other fanbase, LSU fans have seen utter devastation, flooding of biblical proportions, and LSU fans from New Orleans/S. Louisiana have been relocated all over the country as a result.

my wife herself as a teenage girl, waded chest deep in snake infested flood waters for over a mile to reach their home, in order to save whatever lifelong possessions she could, they ended up losing everything except the clothes on her back.

No sir, No LSU fan i know of is smiling in your face and laughing behind your back. You could not be more wrong!

after this weekend, talk with some Gamecock supporters who made the trip, ask them how their stay was.

Good luck to all residents of S.C. and may God Bless Y'all!

"I cannot help but feel like they wouldn't be making all of these concessions to our comfort unless they were CERTAIN they were about to smash our faces in on the field!"

I hate to admit it, but the same thing crossed my mind. If we were a top 10 team, I doubt their band would be playing our fight song. Having said that, everything that LSU is doing is awesome and repairs just a bit the NASTY treatment I got the last time I went there.

Its going to be weird seeing them playing 2001 before the game & watching their fans jump to our music. I know that will be an awkward moment for our guys. Not sure if that motivates them to play better.

Reactions: Brucifer
we were only one score ahead of E. Michigan at home last week in the 2nd half, I'm pretty sure Les Miles and LSU would never assume they are going to smash a SOS coached team.

you obviously don't know people from South Louisiana, this is what we do, it's who and what we are.

your assumptions are wrong sir.

as one above said, more than any other fanbase, LSU fans have seen utter devastation, flooding of biblical proportions, and LSU fans from New Orleans/S. Louisiana have been relocated all over the country as a result.

my wife herself as a teenage girl, waded chest deep in snake infested flood waters for over a mile to reach their home, in order to save whatever lifelong possessions she could, they ended up losing everything except the clothes on her back.

No sir, No LSU fan i know of is smiling in your face and laughing behind your back. You could not be more wrong!

after this weekend, talk with some Gamecock supporters who made the trip, ask them how their stay was.

Good luck to all residents of S.C. and may God Bless Y'all!

Tiger 07 Please don't think that the person who questioned the sincerity of LSU's very kind gestures toward our fans and football team represents all Gamecocks. Every fellow USC fan that I know is extremely appreciative to LSU's football program and everything you guys are doing to help us out, and lift our spirits. I have no doubt that you would be extending the same amount of help and kindness to Alabama, Georgia or any other team. LSU has ALWAYS been a class act! You are helping to lift our spirits here! Giving us something to feel good about, and that is very much appreciated after the week we have had. LSU is also showing that the SEC is not just the best football conference, but also a conference that has class and compassion. Believe me, almost all Gamecock fans know you would be extending you kindness, hospitality and support to any team regardless of the talent and record of their football team.

Thanks Tiger 07 !! You guys are awesome down there!

Reactions: 03_TIGERS_07
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT