ADVERTISEMENT

Lucky for us, one of our recruits seems to have picked up golf!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamecock Lifer

GarnetTrust.com Member/Supporter
Gold Member
Oct 8, 2008
Oh... Wait... Is that... Did Spurrier just... Is he RECRUITING? But I thought "flamemasterwhineybitch2000" said right here on this very forum that SOS is a lazy old man who won't get off the golf course long enough to help out in recruiting!? You mean all these morons are just blowhards who don't have a CLUE WTF is going on? Shocker...

Suddenly we turned a big OL recruit and SOS is popping off in homes at a rate only previously seen from a fat man in a red suit with a bunch of flying reindeer!

For shame all you fake fans... For shame. Keep on hatin.

http://instagram.com/p/yDH_1FuipM/

Originally posted by Gamecock Lifer:
Oh... Wait... Is that... Did Spurrier just... Is he RECRUITING? But I thought "flamemasterwhineybitch2000" said right here on this very forum that SOS is a lazy old man who won't get off the golf course long enough to help out in recruiting!? You mean all these morons are just blowhards who don't have a CLUE WTF is going on? Shocker...

Suddenly we turned a big OL recruit and SOS is popping off in homes at a rate only previously seen from a fat man in a red suit with a bunch of flying reindeer!

For shame all you fake fans... For shame. Keep on hatin.
Be prepared for a flood of irrational "Yeah buts...Butchy Boy at Tennessee has 46 5* commits already" comments.

Have you missed how many de commits we have had? Paris Palmer?

Excited about bringing in TWO whole olineman? Three if you count the Rutger's flip.

Think Mark Fields could have helped our secondary?

Seen any blue chip running backs give us a look recently?

Your chest thumping that the coach is doing his freakin job?

But I guess you enjoyed this past season. Hopefully we get 7 wins next season.

Originally posted by cockydev:

Excited about bringing in TWO whole olineman? Three if you count the Rutger's flip.

I hate being right all the time.

Great to see the pics. Honestly though they are the first I've seen this recruiting season. Good to finally see it. I'd love to see us sign a stud running back at least every other year but it ain't happening. I'm not ready to blame SOS for that. Just may not be a cool enough school for an out of stater to come to???

weve got to recruit somebody to fill all the spots of the people leavn

If it were happening often enough wouldn't we have seen a few before now? Now all of a sudden a couple of pics in one day is supposed to silence all the critics? A couple of pics does not a recruiting force make.

Originally posted by Judson1:
If it were happening often enough wouldn't we have seen a few before now? Now all of a sudden a couple of pics in one day is supposed to silence all the critics? A couple of pics does not a recruiting force make.
no need to talk common sense judson....will just make some of these yahoos second guess themselves

Uhhh...we currently have 25 commits and 3 more LOIs signed, for a total of 28, so if you had been paying a little attention, you would have "seen a few before now". You probably shouldn't play the common sense card with that statement.

Originally posted by usaguy40:
no need to talk common sense judson....will just make some of these yahoos second guess themselves
Yeah I'm kind of in the middle here. I keep thinking back to that SOS film the day before the A&M game. How he made light of other coaches working hard while he didn't have to. Ill give him credit. He's a very smart man and a great coach. But great teams aren't built on the beach. Not in today's game. And not at South Carolina. If this state isnt producing Lattimores and Clowneys you have to work your ass off to get them from somewhere else. And if a guy will make light of not working as hard when he was 50 its hard for me to believe that's become a priority at 70. But on the other hand he has given this program a pedestal never before seen. And I know he does it within the rules. So while I know he isn't pushing his staff like some other coaches are right now I respect him immensely and i'm scared to think of where we might be without him.

Originally posted by searooster:
Uhhh...we currently have 25 commits and 3 more LOIs signed, for a total of 28, so if you had been paying a little attention, you would have "seen a few before now". You probably shouldn't play the common sense card with that statement.
ive been paying plenty of attention...you obviously havent.....and while im glad we are picking up other recruits.....common sense tells me this....do u actually think these are the guyz weve been recruiting all along.....sorry about playing that common sense card...fyi, u aint right all the time

This post was edited on 1/19 7:54 PM by usaguy40

Originally posted by cockydev:

I haven't missed a damn thing! Decommits happen, and how are you trying to NOT count an OL we just added THAT WE FLIPPED FROM ANOTHER SCHOOL? That counts less or some thing? it isn't even worth counting towards our totals if we flip someone, but it is the end of the world if a kid drops us? On the DL- where we need the most help- we have amassed one of the most impressive classes in the nation even without Key!

I am not chest thumping about anything. I am pointing out that all you morons who act like he IS NOT DOING HIS JOB, ARE DEAD WRONG.
Nobody enjoyed having a let down season because our d was crap, except maybe you Whiney little Nancies who were sad about not having anything to cry about the past few seasons! Could Mark fields have helped us? SURE... It would have been nice to have him sit on the bench and watch Lamons and Harris play CB for us the next three years I guess... I damn sure ain't crying over him choosing another school. We have a pretty solid Depth Chart at CB.. And last I checked he wasn't our only CB recruit. He probably wasn't even the best or most "college ready" of the bunch we got verbals from this season, but as soon as he switched things up, and he became the most recent thing to cry about, all you trolls suddenly declared him a 5 *, the CLOWNEY of defensive backs? BS. He is a good player I am sure, but our class doesn't begin and end with him. What makes the haters think fields is so much better than DJ smith, Wesley Green or Chris Lammons? ALL 4* CBs we landed just LAST YEAR who were right on par with Fields' talent. Two of those guys were beat out for playing time by a "lowly" 3* kid- Harris... And rode the pine all year... They will have a year under their belt and be ready to go to add some depth. McWilliams came on strong at the end of the year too and took over a starting spot- so we return a 4th year guy with starting experience, a bunch of two year guys with loads of talent and experience and a couple second year guys coming off RS who we re just as talented as Fields coming out of Hs, and you think we NEED him? Like he would have helped as in played/ STARTED from day 1?!? LMAO! Not likely... He prolly has as good a chance of starting at Bama next year as he has here.
I remember more than one year back. I remember 11-2 seasons and 0-11 seasons. I remember coaches like SOS, Lou Holtz and on back to guys like Sparky Woods and Brad Scott. You 13 year old crybabies can't see beyond what you read on a blog last night? Fine... But you don't run this board and you don't get to tell people how this game works or how we have to feel about what is shaping up to be one of the best recruiting classes we have ever had! You want to focus on the kids that LEFT our class? Great! Go follow the schools they decide to pick and GTH off this forum! Those of us who understand the sport and have seen the ups and downs of recruiting over decades of coaching upheavals and indecisive teenagers know what is going on here. Situation normal. Kids being kids, and whiners being bitches.

7-6 sucked, but not as bad as 1-21... It is all Relative. It wasn't so long ago that the thought of going to a bowl and beating a team like Miami in a season where we had a winning record, beat UF and UGA... Would have seemed link an unattainable DREAM SEASON. NOW our fans treat the memory of that season as though our whole team got blown up in a fiery plane crash or something?? I was disappointed, but the reality of this season was that we were one or two missed tackles a game away from winning 10-11 games AGAIN! Most those games didn't go our way, in recent seasons we had the play makers on D to ensure they did. We have ADDED guys who look like they can be the kind of instant impact players to turn the tide for the D and the players we return- especially at LB and in the secondary- showed improvement over the season and should be pretty good. I do not see the reasons for all the panic around here and I am sick of all the poorly informed tool bags ganging up on anyone who dares try to point out one of the many positive signs we have in front of us that this staff is trying to fix the problems we had last year.

dude, can you actually disagree with anyone without calling them names......anyone that doesnt agree with you gets slammed only because their not on your side

Are these the only pics you have see his year of our coaches recruiting? Did you just get Internet access yesterday? LMAO!

you people... I am sure every one of the 28 kids on our list right now committed over the phone without meeting a single coach. They probably just pulled our name out of hat! What the Hell do ya'll think GOT us verbals in the first place from the guys who decommited? I am sure these guys who posted pics today were the first kids who have seen any of our coaches in person this year!

Are these pics supposed to silence critics? Obviously they won't... Nothing short of a National Championship would silent the critics around here. Who cares if it proves all you people are WRONG or not? I never really thought some photographic evidence would actually shut you up! Why should it? You people make a living out of saying the most obnoxious moronic garbage you can pound out with two fingers... Why should PROOF that you have been wrong with all your crying and coach bashing slow you down now? Please.. Pile on! I really enjoy watching this. I can see you squirming and getting all angry through the type.

Without reading any other post past the 3rd. This board cannot get past 3-4 remarks on any positive subject without the jumpers spewing their message. Is it the team or this lame ass board?

Good to see the complaining finally got through to Spurrier that needs to take some time away from golfing to recruit while the weather is still a little too chilly. Ironic how there is just two pictures like this on the same day. I wonder where all these pictures were before. Start as many inciteful threads as you feel. It won't change anyone's mind about the matter.
This post was edited on 1/19 10:48 PM by ReadR00ster

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT