ADVERTISEMENT

Many Businesses are having record sales

Snake006

Aug 7, 2007
Most anything to do with outdoor recreation. Camping, Boating, RV’s, MotorHomes, Bikes, Golf carts. Plus Amazon, Construction, Home stores. Etc.

So people spending less at restraunts to buy an RV?
The boost in outdoors products sales probably has more to do with guys not watching sports on TV for hours on end. Laughing

It is interesting, though, that the sales of big ticket items like RVs, boats, atvs, and motorcycles, are strong at a time of super high unemployment. A lot of folks who have a job must be supremely confident they won't lose it.

The boost in outdoors products sales probably has more to do with guys not watching sports on TV for hours on end. Laughing

It is interesting, though, that the sales of big ticket items like RVs, boats, atvs, and motorcycles, are strong at a time of super high unemployment. A lot of folks who have a job must be supremely confident they won't lose it.
Interesting point...it might be that now we are seeing who has a job and who doesnt, and this will be stasis for the foreseeable future...

You’d think people would enhance their emergency funds instead of spending on big ticket items.

a friend of mine went into this with a 4 month emergency fund. Since it started, he’s stretched that out to 10 months and is on his way to his goal of a 1 year emergency fund of all living expenses.

You’d think people would enhance their emergency funds instead of spending on big ticket items.

a friend of mine went into this with a 4 month emergency fund. Since it started, he’s stretched that out to 10 months and is on his way to his goal of a 1 year emergency fund of all living expenses.
With covid-19 surging around the country, building up ones emergency fund is wise. There were 1.48 million more jobless claims in the past week. Times are tough.

I've built mine up as well, and its a lot easier to do without the daily commute. Its insane how much money I've wasted on a pointless commute over the years - gas, food, childcare, etc.. I see no good reason for office workers like myself to ever go back to the way things were.

I've built mine up as well, and its a lot easier to do without the daily commute. Its insane how much money I've wasted on a pointless commute over the years - gas, food, childcare, etc.. I see no good reason for office workers like myself to ever go back to the way things were.

Agree.

Im in lumber business and its absolutely miserable. Prices go up daily, and thats a big if, you can get product.

Sad. Me and the wife have been able to sandbag a few months salary back. Had to replace an AC unit in the house or I’d have almost half a year savings. I did buy a new car but to be fair that was in early March before anything closed down. If I had the crystal ball I would’ve waited.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT