ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Kingston Contract Extension

Alan Cole

Beat Reporter
Gold Member
Jul 10, 2022
I think it's reasonable that you have to give him an extension or it will kill recruiting and we would lose a lot to the transfer portal.

I would have liked to have seen a compromise though in regards to a raise but lowering the buyout in case we start sliding back towards missing the postseason again. There's no one that has been knocking on the door. Trying to hire Kingston away, there was no reason to give him such a favorable contract.

So basically Tanner has done it again. We seem to always be on the hook for these lackluster coaches, in so many words, we are stuck with him because of Tanner to prevent another large payout like Muschump

So basically Tanner has done it again. We seem to always be on the hook for these lackluster coaches, in so many words, we are stuck with him because of Tanner to prevent another large payout like Muschump
Nope.

We were ranked as high as #3 until the rash of injuries 80% into the year. We ultimately lost in the playoffs to the CWS runner-up on thier home field. It was a good season.

Secondly, Kingston's buyout is approximately one year of his salary. Muschamp's buyout was almost 3x his salary.

Reactions: section907
The extension made sense and was reasonable. It's pretty conservative in terms of increasing a contract for someone that just went to a Super Regional.

There is no way in the world you get rid of a coach after going to a Super.

There is no way you can avoid giving a contract extension to someone with only 2 years left after they go to a Super.

I doubt there is a coach or AD in the country that would have done anything different after this past season with Coach Kingston.

The extension made sense and was reasonable. It's pretty conservative in terms of increasing a contract for someone that just went to a Super Regional.

There is no way in the world you get rid of a coach after going to a Super.

There is no way you can avoid giving a contract extension to someone with only 2 years left after they go to a Super.

I doubt there is a coach or AD in the country that would have done anything different after this past season with Coach Kingston.
Reasonable I suppose, but I hope it's a short leash going forward.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT