ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Kingston

He definitely sounds confident, and after listening to his press conference, I can’t wait to see some of the new guys like Mlodzinski, Demerius, Campbell, and Jacobson, as well as the returners that he said have gotten stronger and faster. It’ll take some time to figure out how to best fit the pieces together, but he sure sounds like he knows exactly what needs to be done to get us back on top

Reactions: mdsalt2004
Fans view of Mark Kingston today
giphy.gif

After his first loss to clemsux:
giphy.gif

Agreed. There's Cortez and the rest.

I like what I've seen from him so far, but I'm afraid many have forgotten what a rebuild job he has in front of him. He's gonna need time, and we fans have to give him that time.
I don’t expect our hitting to be much better than last season, if any at all. Same with pitching to be honest and it more than likely won’t be as good with the lack of experienced pitchers. At the same time maybe some of these young players will impress.
But even with tempered enthusiasm, I’m just ready to see some baseball.

Agreed. There's Cortez and the rest.

I like what I've seen from him so far, but I'm afraid many have forgotten what a rebuild job he has in front of him. He's gonna need time, and we fans have to give him that time.

(Humor intended) 49 days till we open SEC with Florida University , but I'm not pressing......:mad::mad:

I agree with you. but patience seems to be in short supply round here at times

step one = COMPETE
step two = don't beat ourselves

Most college baseball coaches are generally cocky by nature. Ray Tanner was the most winning coach I remember who didn’t wear his confidence on his sleeve. I like a coach that shows his fire, just wouldn’t ever want a coach that embarrassed himself like the ex-coach from the upstate and his protégée at UF. They aren’t confident, they’re cry babies that whine when things don’t go their way. Hope that’s not the way CMK is. I’d have a hard time supporting that.

Is their a over under on Baseball wins like in football? 2017 was a easy bet at 5.5 wins if I remember.

Can you elaborate more, please.
We had people saying hiring him was proving we didn't care a thing about baseball anymore, that it was the end of our program, for the sole reason that he wasn't the "flashy" hire. But once people actually began to listen to what the man had to say, hear what his philosophy is (basically CRT 2.0), and see what he has brought to the table so far, attitudes have changed. It's refreshing. Maybe fans will finally learn a lesson.

Just exudes confidence. Has a commanding presence. I think the baseball program is in good hands.
As a Old School Baseball Guy I am looking forward to the attitude he has towards the Game. He looks and Acts like a Baseball Coach who is very aware of what this baseball team means to so many people.. Chad never won me over as being "The Guy" ..... Play Ball

Reactions: Kitchenlabs
No it wasn't. And if you listen to CMK, you see what I mean. His first presser, I thought I was listening to CRT's presser from 1997.
I concede you know more about USC baseball than me but yeah Chad was kinda famous for being a Ray clone. At least in how he talked and mannerisms and such

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
This program should never, ever have been in rebuilding mode. And to think there was a contingent who wanted to retain Holbrook.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
We had people saying hiring him was proving we didn't care a thing about baseball anymore, that it was the end of our program, for the sole reason that he wasn't the "flashy" hire. But once people actually began to listen to what the man had to say, hear what his philosophy is (basically CRT 2.0), and see what he has brought to the table so far, attitudes have changed. It's refreshing. Maybe fans will finally learn a lesson.

It's baseball, I don't associate Flashy with baseball. I am so excited and ready to see the product, and see what we look like early on, then versus Clem-Tech, then Conference play, then how we wrap the year (SEC tourney) and by then how close we are or are not to the post season mix (hopeful to sneak in would love to come in as a 1 seed regional, but not making any blind guesses till I see some product & out comes..

It's baseball, I don't associate Flashy with baseball. I am so excited and ready to see the product, and see what we look like early on, then versus Clem-Tech, then Conference play, then how we wrap the year (SEC tourney) and by then how close we are or are not to the post season mix (hopeful to sneak in would love to come in as a 1 seed regional, but not making any blind guesses till I see some product & out comes..
By flashy I meant the big name, fan favorite. Not necessarily a flashy persona.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
By flashy I meant the big name, fan favorite. Not necessarily a flashy persona.

I'm with you. I was teasing that folks that love baseball aren't worried too much about Flashy. Carlos Cortes hair cut is about the most flashy thing for the club so far this year.

I am getting pretty excited.

I'm with you. I was teasing that folks that love baseball aren't worried too much about Flashy. Carlos Cortes hair cut is about the most flashy thing for the club so far this year.

I am getting pretty excited.

1976-Topps-Traded-Oscar-Gamble.jpg

Cortes looks like he's been hanging out with this guy

If you'd like, I can go ahead & tell you how this will turn out. Or will that spoil it for you?

I'm just so glad Tanner made a change last year instead of waiting another year. There wouldn't have been any excitement heading into this season. With CMK, I feel like he's going to get the most out of the team we have this year. My expectations are a little reserved, but I strongly believe we will be very competitive.

I'm just so glad Tanner made a change last year instead of waiting another year. There wouldn't have been any excitement heading into this season. With CMK, I feel like he's going to get the most out of the team we have this year. My expectations are a little reserved, but I strongly believe we will be very competitive.
Absolutely. We were at critical mass.

Reactions: TRUEGARNET
I am looking forward to see the batters work the pitch count, instead of swinging at the first pitch. They might actually get more walks and more hits and drive in more runs. Last year was a teeth grinder when all they had to do was hit an outfield fly or hit it to the right side. Last year's team must have led the SEC in leaving runners on base.

Play hard, play smart, be fundamentally sound every pitch. Battle. Play the game within the game. If Kingston can bring that back, we'll be fine.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT