ADVERTISEMENT

Masks and social distancing are important.

I've been trying my hardest to catch it since April 1st, just so I could testify about my experience with it. I would have even jogged through hospital and nursing home corridors if they would have allowed me in there. But so far, all my efforts to contract it have been unavailing. All my friends are having the same problem.
Really? Gee, your cool!

Reactions: Bleedgarnet33
Yup. Stand your ground!

Do you really not wear a mask in a public place? If not, I'm surprised. You seem like a reasonable man.
I do wear a mask in enclosed places with a lot of people. The reasons relates less to health than to other people's sensibilities. I'm a very considerate guy.

That’s a tough spot to be in. For what it’s worth, my family and I wear masks and we’re careful to be responsibly whenever we’re out. I sure wish everyone would realize the best reason to wear a mask is for your fellow man, including those you love. Good luck with the cath.
Thanks Spurs! Got it scheduled for Friday this week but scheduler said he had to pull some strings. Sounds like it's tightening up out there. I hope it does not get bad in the health facilities. Saw a conclusion last night to an Arkansas situation where two hair stylists had Covid, worked anyway, wore masks, and all their customers upward of 100 wore masks. Not one person acquired the virus.

Masks, even cloth masks, help prevent spread. Who would not want to do that?

Thanks Spurs! Got it scheduled for Friday this week but scheduler said he had to pull some strings. Sounds like it's tightening up out there. I hope it does not get bad in the health facilities. Saw a conclusion last night to an Arkansas situation where two hair stylists had Covid, worked anyway, wore masks, and all their customers upward of 100 wore masks. Not one person acquired the virus.

Amen! Isn't it amazing how much good a little bit of effort can do! Good luck with the Cath. Be sure to let us know how it goes. Spurs

Wow. Good argument. I guess I just hadn’t looked at it that way.

I know we’re all tired of covid and having to change our routine to keep people from dying but I guess if we just ignore it and go back to normal, it’ll go away. Makes me wonder why we’re still doing cancer research when apparently we could just wish it weren’t there and we’d all be fine.

Or am I misinterpreting your remark?

I do wear a mask in enclosed places with a lot of people. The reasons relates less to health than to other people's sensibilities. I'm a very considerate guy.
Do you really believe that a mask does not help reduce the spread?

As long as I wear it, what does it matter what I believe? "Experts" can't even get their stories straight on it. I haven't had a mask on yet that hermetically seals my airways. The air you exhale goes somewhere and not all through the mask. The air you inhale from around the borders comes from somewhere also. If you're serious about it, get yourself a SCBA.

Last edited:
Reactions: Expro19
You fancy yourself a sophisticated thinker, don't you? Get back to me when you can handle satire more competently.
Wow, nice guy goes bad. Satire is the tool of those who have very little to say is it not? That right thar is yer fancy thinking for ya. I even included the post I was referring too.

Your short posting game is hurting.

Ouch!, It's like a pin prick, but does no real damage.

Be nice.....

Wow, nice guy goes bad. Satire is the tool of those who have very little to say is it not? That right thar is yer fancy thinking for ya. I even included the post I was referring too.

Your short posting game is hurting.

Ouch!, It's like a pin prick, but does no real damage.

Be nice.....
Satire is an effective way of communicating with the nuanced thinker. Others, not so much.

I am by no means a doctor, but I can assure you from years of teaching OSHA @ work, the majority of the mask that are being worn will not stop the spread of anything. And the the flaw with the notion of using the N95 mask is that it will not properly seal around the mouth if you have any type of facial hair (beard,mustache, etc) and those who don't have this problem, a majority of them don't know how to properly wear them/put them on/remove them.

I think what you are seeing with a lot of people's frustration is that there are so many mixed messages, one week they are saying the virus spreads rapidly on surfaces, the next week not so much. Then some "experts" say that wearing a mask will not greatly reduce the chance of infection. The next one says everyone must wear a mask if we want to open up. It's important to note that if you are wearing a mask, the proper practice would be to dispose of that mask after that days use. But, I'm sure most people aren't doing that.

I know we’re all tired of covid and having to change our routine to keep people from dying but I guess if we just ignore it and go back to normal, it’ll go away. Makes me wonder why we’re still doing cancer research when apparently we could just wish it weren’t there and we’d all be fine.

I'm with you, but you're wasting your time with this guy.

Reactions: ShannonL
I am by no means a doctor, but I can assure you from years of teaching OSHA @ work, the majority of the mask that are being worn will not stop the spread of anything. And the the flaw with the notion of using the N95 mask is that it will not properly seal around the mouth if you have any type of facial hair (beard,mustache, etc) and those who don't have this problem, a majority of them don't know how to properly wear them/put them on/remove them.

I think what you are seeing with a lot of people's frustration is that there are so many mixed messages, one week they are saying the virus spreads rapidly on surfaces, the next week not so much. Then some "experts" say that wearing a mask will not greatly reduce the chance of infection. The next one says everyone must wear a mask if we want to open up. It's important to note that if you are wearing a mask, the proper practice would be to dispose of that mask after that days use. But, I'm sure most people aren't doing that.

Ok, but
https://www.google.com/amp/s/arstechnica.com/science/2020/06/modeling-the-impact-of-face-masks-on-the-covid-19-pandemic/?amp=1

Last edited:
Well, also it could be it is better / easier to don the mask and gloves at home than it is when one reaches their destination.

Well, Freddie, here’s the deal. I see people drive to the grocery store, pharmacy, etc wearing masks and gloves. They go into the store, buy what they need, and get back in their car wearing masks and gloves. I’ve actually run into the same people at more than one location in a single day.

Everything they touch in public with those gloves potentially picks up or deposits virus. They then get into their car, potentially depositing virus in their car. When they finally get home, and remove their masks and gloves, it appears most of them remove their masks first, then their gloves. I know that, because I’ve engaged in small talk with people in lines and discussed it.

There’s a reason many health care workers are credentialed to wear PPE like masks, because just removing it incorrectly can expose you to contaminants.

People just need to be smart. I’m higher risk, I’m 59, work in an ICU, take a BP Med and an oral diabetes med, and take ibuprofen regularly for aches and pains. I generally don’t wear a mask in public, because I avoid crowds. If I see a crowd forming in an area I want to get to, I’ll wait a few minutes until after it thins out. I use hand sanitizer when I get in my car before touching anything. Only time I wear a mask is if crowds are unavoidable.

For the vast majority of people, they’re wasting their time wearing masks and gloves so much. If it makes them feel better that’s fine, but it’s overkill.

And what type of mask is the person in the articles picture wearing? An N-95 mask.
As I stated in my post, "the majority of the mask that are being worn will not stop the spread of anything."

If you don't have on a proper mask, that fits as it should, and is worn/disposed of properly, it is as if you don't have one on.

Last edited:
The protests are a response to something that just happened. People are pissed and are willing to take a risk to show how much we need change. And yes, most of the protesters ARE wearing masks.

It's a reaction to a current situation where you judge what risks are worth taking. The protesters are fed up with unfair treatment and are demanding change now! Waiting 6 months or a year until it's safe to be in a crowd would make no sense.

Look, I’m sorry, but this is ridiculous.

No one can justify with a straight face telling people their businesses will have to permanently close because of risk of virus or that life as we currently know it will be the “new normal”, then on the other hand saying it’s perfectly fine for protestors to assemble en masses just because they’re mad.

No one can justify with a straight face telling people their businesses will have to permanently close because of risk of virus or that life as we currently know it will be the “new normal”, then on the other hand saying it’s perfectly fine for protestors to assemble en masses just because they’re mad.

I'm not saying that businesses have to close because of this virus. However, we don't have to be stupid about it.

When a business says shirt and shoes required, then wear a shirt and shoes or don't go in. If they say wear a mask, wear a damn mask. If you don't want to follow a businesses rules, designed to keep the employees and customers safe, then don't go there.

If you're worried about the lack of funds available to keep a business afloat during this time, check with the government. They signed a $2.5 TRILLION relief package to help individuals and businesses in need. That's money they've collected from us, the taxpayers, over the years to help in this type of situation. If it wasn't enough, I suggest you look into where trump spent $500 BILLION of that money but won't say where it went and won't allow the treasury department to divulge that information. $500 BILLION that's supposed to be helping these small businesses stay afloat. Where is that money?

And a protest is a protest. It's not a 4th of July parade or a trip to the beach. The protesters are pissed because of several unjustified murders that have gained worldwide attention. The protest wasn't set for a certain date, it occurred as an immediate reaction to specific events. If you can't see the difference between a protest over murder and a holiday get-together, then you really need to look at yourself and figure out what's wrong.

I'm not saying that businesses have to close because of this virus. However, we don't have to be stupid about it.

When a business says shirt and shoes required, then wear a shirt and shoes or don't go in. If they say wear a mask, wear a damn mask. If you don't want to follow a businesses rules, designed to keep the employees and customers safe, then don't go there.

If you're worried about the lack of funds available to keep a business afloat during this time, check with the government. They signed a $2.5 TRILLION relief package to help individuals and businesses in need. That's money they've collected from us, the taxpayers, over the years to help in this type of situation. If it wasn't enough, I suggest you look into where trump spent $500 BILLION of that money but won't say where it went and won't allow the treasury department to divulge that information. $500 BILLION that's supposed to be helping these small businesses stay afloat. Where is that money?

And a protest is a protest. It's not a 4th of July parade or a trip to the beach. The protesters are pissed because of several unjustified murders that have gained worldwide attention. The protest wasn't set for a certain date, it occurred as an immediate reaction to specific events. If you can't see the difference between a protest over murder and a holiday get-together, then you really need to look at yourself and figure out what's wrong.

Like it or not, businesses WILL have to close permanently. And they already have, in droves. It’ll get worse. Restaurants will die a slow death being limited to 25% capacity, as some are. “Non-essential” businesses aren’t all getting a piece of the relief fund, because it was spent so quickly. I agree, the gov should be saying where that $500 billion went, but they should also be pointing out where Pelosi demanded hundreds of billions to be wasted.

None of my discussion has anything to do with required shoes, shirts, or masks to enter a business.

You’re conflating holiday get togethers with hundreds of thousands of protestors mingling together in close quarters, not to mention the thousands of protestors using anger as an excuse to steal, loot, destroy, and burn.

And people like you think that’s fine. I think it’s actually you who needs to look at yourself and figure what’s wrong.

Apples and oranges. Church can wait. You can pray at home if you want. The protests are a response to something that just happened. People are pissed and are willing to take a risk to show how much we need change. And yes, most of the protesters ARE wearing masks.

Look at it this way... We both know better than to go outside barefoot in the winter. If you have half a brain you just don't do it. But if my house is on fire I'll grab a towel and run outside naked if I have to. It's a reaction to a current situation where you judge what risks are worth taking. The protesters are fed up with unfair treatment and are demanding change now! Waiting 6 months or a year until it's safe to be in a crowd would make no sense. OTOH, I don't think god is going to hold it against you for not going to church during a pandemic.
Your house wouldn't be on fire if rioters weren't throwing molotov cocktails at it. Who cares what you think God does or doesn't mind. If we knew His mind, we would be perfect all the time. Your comparison isn't apt. These people won't burn to death if they don't go protest. It can wait just as much as Church can. Neither is "essential" in that way. But no one burned down a department store to get a new TV while at church. Some people are fed up of being kept from their worship while experts come out and literally say that the protests and riots are not a significant risk to get COVID. If the protest isn't, then the grocery store and church isn't. Period. I hate false dichotomies.

Like it or not, businesses WILL have to close permanently. And they already have, in droves. It’ll get worse. Restaurants will die a slow death being limited to 25% capacity, as some are. “Non-essential” businesses aren’t all getting a piece of the relief fund, because it was spent so quickly. I agree, the gov should be saying where that $500 billion went, but they should also be pointing out where Pelosi demanded hundreds of billions to be wasted.

None of my discussion has anything to do with required shoes, shirts, or masks to enter a business.

You’re conflating holiday get togethers with hundreds of thousands of protestors mingling together in close quarters, not to mention the thousands of protestors using anger as an excuse to steal, loot, destroy, and burn.

And people like you think that’s fine. I think it’s actually you who needs to look at yourself and figure what’s wrong.

There are still people who want eat in restaurants so just raise the price.

IMHO, it shouldn’t be just essential but also safe businesses that should be open. If I make widgets in a factory with automated machinery and can have employees maintain social distancing, then that’s safe.

There are still people who want eat in restaurants so just raise the price.

So obviously you have no idea how thin a margin most restaurants run on normally. And you think they can just raise prices to account for a 75% drop in customers?

So obviously you have no idea how thin a margin most restaurants run on normally. And you think they can just raise prices to account for a 75% drop in customers?

Yes I do. Raise the rates to control the crowds. If no one goes to that restaurant and goes to a competitor, then the first restaurant didn’t have a product that the people wanted.

These people won't burn to death if they don't go protest.

THAT is what they're PROTESTING! That and being shot while jogging or lying prone on the ground or after being stopped for a traffic violation. Shit man, do you have NO IDEA why these protests have been happening??? And if your life is worse because you have to pray at home instead of going to a specific building every Sunday then your religion is seriously effed up! So far I've heard no one say that the protests were not a significant Covid risk but I think the reason for the protests outweighs the reason for going to the beach on Memorial Day or going to church. Most of us go to the grocery store because we need food to survive so THAT'S out of the equation. Risking the health of hundreds of people just to sit and worship together would not make any caring religious figure happy. If you think your god is going to be upset because you have to stay home to protect others during a WORLDWIDE PANDEMIC, then your god sucks.

Reactions: fowl_mood
Apples and oranges. Church can wait. You can pray at home if you want. The protests are a response to something that just happened. People are pissed and are willing to take a risk to show how much we need change. And yes, most of the protesters ARE wearing masks.

Look at it this way... We both know better than to go outside barefoot in the winter. If you have half a brain you just don't do it. But if my house is on fire I'll grab a towel and run outside naked if I have to. It's a reaction to a current situation where you judge what risks are worth taking. The protesters are fed up with unfair treatment and are demanding change now! Waiting 6 months or a year until it's safe to be in a crowd would make no sense. OTOH, I don't think god is going to hold it against you for not going to church during a pandemic.
Unfair treatment? Church can wait? Yeah this is why I’m taking no precautions at all.

As I stand in a Moes in line right low there are 33 people in here. 1 has a mask on not counting employees. Guess what it isn’t me. I haven’t worn a mask yet and I refuse to for a virus that is a supped up flu.

THAT is what they're PROTESTING! That and being shot while jogging or lying prone on the ground or after being stopped for a traffic violation. Shit man, do you have NO IDEA why these protests have been happening??? And if your life is worse because you have to pray at home instead of going to a specific building every Sunday then your religion is seriously effed up! So far I've heard no one say that the protests were not a significant Covid risk but I think the reason for the protests outweighs the reason for going to the beach on Memorial Day or going to church. Most of us go to the grocery store because we need food to survive so THAT'S out of the equation. Risking the health of hundreds of people just to sit and worship together would not make any caring religious figure happy. If you think your god is going to be upset because you have to stay home to protect others during a WORLDWIDE PANDEMIC, then your god sucks.
You think God won't protect people while they're worshipping? Or are you some Atheist who doesn't believe in the power of Christ? Who are you to proclaim that my first amendment right to worship as I please is less important than their first amendment right to protest?

Crank up Hysteria by Def Leppard. Sure its real but the media wants you to remain scared - they have their hidden agendas which you either realize or you`re in denial. Again, if you get it chances are you won`t get that sick if you don`t have chronic illnesses - the same goes for flu and pneumonia. Can anyone die from it? Of course, just like flu and pneumonia. This kills far less young people than the flu by the way. I`ll take it more seriously when the media portrays a fair assessment. NBC News tonight interviewed one of 16 friends who(horrors!) got together at a restaurant/bar. They still blame people going out on Memorial Day. Yet, you rarely hear any of them speak about the hundreds of thousands of people who were crammed on top of each other during the protests and riots. Somehow I think the risk of spreading the virus was the same at those events. I`m not condemning the peaceful protests, by the way, but they should portray things fairly. As most of us know, however, they are totally one-sided. If you want to wear a mask well good for you. Just don`t make me wear one.

Good luck to you. I hope Saturday you are back on the board and swinging... I'll say a prayer for you and your family..

Reactions: paladin181

The first paragraph FAH, good job.RollLaugh

Perfectly stated. It's mind boggling the Hypocrisy ... They will come up with anything to validate them being able to gather but others can't.

Reactions: Johnnie Cockran
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT