ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe let’s stop saying “A She She”

GameCockNFire

Jan 4, 2009
given that we can’t evem score a point against a marginal team from the coastal division.

I really thought that we, as a program, were past being blown out in bowl games where we’re favored, but I think that just goes to show you what a sorry coach Muschamp really is. Want to know the major difference between our program and the Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, Oklahoma’s is? Well, obviously other than we’re recruiting 3*’s and high fiving ourselves over mediocre prospects, we have no game-to-game consistency. Any team can go out and play a great game, look at Syracuse beating clempson last year or Auburn beating Bama last year..

We need to stop pretending our program is some “sleeping giant.” The reality is we’re a bottom feeding lower tier inconsistent team that may once in a while have a good game and give a real team a scare.

I don’t know a solution... I guess just let Chump stay, not like we can get anything better.

I hate all the SEC is greatest and ACC is the weakest ever conference talk! Then you see a game like this and you wonder if there is much difference. 4-4 UVA in the Coastal which definitely weaker division than the Atlantic against a 4-4 USC SECe and the outcome doesn't translate based on a lot of people's narratives. I just think people talking about how weak or terrible conferences are is just bad. I believe the ACC was down this year but a 28-0 blowout is hard to swallow if the ACC was as bad as so many professed.

Nah, the A-she-she is really that bad. The tiggers are on the way down for the next few years and not much to take their place. UVA played great today and I've always been impressed by Mendenhall's coaching. On the flip side, Muschamp was an idiot at Florida, he was an idiot at Auburn, and hold the presses, he's still an idiot. We just happen to be in the dark pit of having the absolutely worst coach we've had in the past 50 or 60 years, and regrettably it will continue for a few more years. But, really, don't kid yourself .... the ACC really does suck and those beloved tiggers are heading south in a hurry.

Nah, the A-she-she is really that bad. The tiggers are on the way down for the next few years and not much to take their place. UVA played great today and I've always been impressed by Mendenhall's coaching. On the flip side, Muschamp was an idiot at Florida, he was an idiot at Auburn, and hold the presses, he's still an idiot. We just happen to be in the dark pit of having the absolutely worst coach we've had in the past 50 or 60 years, and regrettably it will continue for a few more years. But, really, don't kid yourself .... the ACC really does suck and those beloved tiggers are heading south in a hurry.

Can you please tell me what makes you think they are going to be down?

Just open your eyes and ears, put down the koolaide then you shall see grasshopper

Can you please tell me what makes you think they are going to be down?
Be glad to, mate! You already know that the secondary is really bad, now they're losing the front four. And no, their replacements won't be the same calibre. With Renfro leaving, they won't be having a Williams, Hopkins, or a Watkins type receiver group. Tee Higgins is just wishful thinking for tigger fans, as well as the rest of them. Etienne is a great running back, but the offensive line has holes in it. Trevor Lawrence has a great arm, but how will he perform under pressure .... haven't seen it so far. They may not even win the A-she-she next year. ;)

Be glad to, mate! You already know that the secondary is really bad, now they're losing the front four. And no, their replacements won't be the same calibre. With Renfro leaving, they won't be having a Williams, Hopkins, or a Watkins type receiver group. Tee Higgins is just wishful thinking for tigger fans, as well as the rest of them. Etienne is a great running back, but the offensive line has holes in it. Trevor Lawrence has a great arm, but how will he perform under pressure .... haven't seen it so far. They may not even win the A-she-she next year. ;)

You are a one island with your thinking. Even if they come back a couple ticks, still above us. That's all I care about 'them' vs ''us". Got it?

Amen, 95. Sounds like a bunch of middle school kids in the hallway. My NY's resolution: stay away from this site for at least a month.

M

What about Justin Ross?

Hah... You're funny. I believe the tiggers just signed some serious talent in their secondary. Their backups on the D line are stout and they will have KJ Henry and XT on the D line next year.

You are a one island with your thinking. Even if they come back a couple ticks, still above us. That's all I care about 'them' vs ''us". Got it?

Thanks for your special insight. You have my permission to be two island, lol.

You don't know what your talking about. Trevor plays great under pressure and will possibly be the best quarterback to go through Clemson and one of the best in the NFL. Clemson has great wide receivers. Recruiting great 2019 and 2020 classes. 2020 could be their best class ever. They are getting better not worse. Their biggest weakness is their offensive line at the moment.

I could do without all of the A She She, Clemsux, UNCheat, and USuCk references on college football forums.

I agree; I've always found this kind of thing pretty childish and ultimately distracting from any point one is trying to make. And I can't stand the ACC, Clemson, UNC, and Southern Cal. Question though: what does it mean when people say "Quimpson" or "Quempson"? Like, is it a reference to something? Clemsux is stupid and childish but it makes sense. What the hell does "Quempson" mean?

Yep perfectly explained!

Reactions: LacedOutDan
Exactly what I posted earlier. Clemson dominates us and owns us. Virginia beat us like a red headed step child. We would not have any more success in the ACC than we are having right now. I guarantee it.
Honestly the conference always gets harder the longer each head coach stays with team. Over time coaches learn which plays normally work and those to stay away from. My biggest example is Paul Johnson's offense worked well in the ACC for 3yrs but fell apart after because coaches learned. But then PJ would beat teams that didn't play his style regularly! That said it makes playing within conference much harder but when they step outside conference they look like a great team.

I hate all the SEC is greatest and ACC is the weakest ever conference talk! Then you see a game like this and you wonder if there is much difference. 4-4 UVA in the Coastal which definitely weaker division than the Atlantic against a 4-4 USC SECe and the outcome doesn't translate based on a lot of people's narratives. I just think people talking about how weak or terrible conferences are is just bad. I believe the ACC was down this year but a 28-0 blowout is hard to swallow if the ACC was as bad as so many professed.

You may hate it BUT it’s reality
Just because we lost does not change it
We are lower level rebuilding SEC team no doubt but ACC is just a sub par conference sorry

You don't know what your talking about. Trevor plays great under pressure and will possibly be the best quarterback to go through Clemson and one of the best in the NFL. Clemson has great wide receivers. Recruiting great 2019 and 2020 classes. 2020 could be their best class ever. They are getting better not worse. Their biggest weakness is their offensive line at the moment.

Under pressure against what good defenses ?
Point is he has not faced any. Bottom line

You may hate it BUT it’s reality
Just because we lost does not change it
We are lower level rebuilding SEC team no doubt but ACC is just a sub par conference sorry
So the middle of the great SEC can't score points on the middle of the worst division of the ACC, I guess I follow you thoughts?

This exactly explains what I was referring too. Terrible analogy saying one conference is terrible but yet get shutout. But look at ND who beat several good teams this year from multiple conferences. Makes my point of this conference hogwash people like to spew!

I'd rather win the ACC, beat my in-state rival, and play for a national championship than sit at home chanting SEC! SEC! SEC! everytime Alabama wins a bowl game.

I don't care about the ACC vs SEC debate. I want the Gamecocks to go toe-to-toe with the best teams and compete for championships. I am tired of 4th or 5th place in the East.

Go Gamecocks!

SC 95

given that we can’t evem score a point against a marginal team from the coastal division.

I really thought that we, as a program, were past being blown out in bowl games where we’re favored, but I think that just goes to show you what a sorry coach Muschamp really is. Want to know the major difference between our program and the Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, Oklahoma’s is? Well, obviously other than we’re recruiting 3*’s and high fiving ourselves over mediocre prospects, we have no game-to-game consistency. Any team can go out and play a great game, look at Syracuse beating clempson last year or Auburn beating Bama last year..

We need to stop pretending our program is some “sleeping giant.” The reality is we’re a bottom feeding lower tier inconsistent team that may once in a while have a good game and give a real team a scare.

I don’t know a solution... I guess just let Chump stay, not like we can get anything better.
The ACC is 5-2 in bowls so far this year and might have been 6-2 if the First Responder Bowl hadn't been cancelled as BC had taken the early lead.

Reactions: griffgolf
I'd rather win the ACC, beat my in-state rival, and play for a national championship than sit at home chanting SEC! SEC! SEC! everytime Alabama wins a bowl game.

I don't care about the ACC vs SEC debate. I want the Gamecocks to go toe-to-toe with the best teams and compete for championships. I am tired of 4th or 5th place in the East.

Go Gamecocks!

SC 95
Damn! You went in hard! Truth bombs blowin up everywhere!

Reactions: griffgolf
Haha such a stupid argument with the SEC, SEC, SEC. only teams like Alabama and Georgia have a right to boast about what conference they’re in and guess what...They don’t care because they are winning on the bigger stages. At the same time, a team in the ACC has left us in the rear view. I’m sick and tired of this preschool debate especially from our fans.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT