ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe why Beamer is being asked to stay...

Oh I just looked it up, he was assistant head coach, yet he was next in charge.

Weird

Cause that sounds like a made up title to give them more money to me

Hm

Before that, at the beginning of the season - he was OC because he obviously was next in charge
Tommy Bowden determined who was in charge before the season. Then he got fired and the AD changed it. The OC was even less popular than Bowden at the time.

Oh I just looked it up, he was assistant head coach, yet he was next in charge.

Weird

Cause that sounds like a made up title to give them more money to me

Hm
So when a head coach gets fired you think the AD follows the head coach's hierarchy of who is in charge or chooses his own?

So when a head coach gets fired you think the AD follows the head coach's hierarchy of who is in charge or chooses his own?
Then the two men began discussing who would shepherd the Tigers for the remaining seven weeks of the season. “I said, ‘I myself would recommend Dabo.’ When I said that, he just kind of sat back in his chair and got quiet,” Bowden says. “I could tell I kind of threw him for a loop a little bit.”

I always love the "he's needed" or "he's finishing out his commitment" lines. LOL!

A) There are at least 3, if not 4, coaches who all have titles and experience that outweigh Beamer's on that offense. The only guy with less of a title than Beamer is the RB coach.

B) He's got a multi-year contract. Are we going to go through this next year so he can finish out his commitment?

We have really dumb fans. REALLY dumb.
C) You sound like you dropped your pacifier. So every time you disagree with something Beamer does you’re gonna call fans that don’t agree with you dumb? Oh my bad, REALLY dumb?

I always love the "he's needed" or "he's finishing out his commitment" lines. LOL!

A) There are at least 3, if not 4, coaches who all have titles and experience that outweigh Beamer's on that offense. The only guy with less of a title than Beamer is the RB coach.

B) He's got a multi-year contract. Are we going to go through this next year so he can finish out his commitment?

We have really dumb fans. REALLY dumb.

You are right. Sometimes you have to ask, how dumb can this get?

Reactions: 75CarolinaFan
Then the two men began discussing who would shepherd the Tigers for the remaining seven weeks of the season. “I said, ‘I myself would recommend Dabo.’ When I said that, he just kind of sat back in his chair and got quiet,” Bowden says. “I could tell I kind of threw him for a loop a little bit.”
Again, Spence was on his way out. Had Bowden not gotten fired, Spence would have still been fired. Clemson was 87th in offense nationally out of 119 teams that season. In fact, many Clemson fans would say that's why Bowden got fired. Once labeled the "Mad Scientist" they quickly grew tired of the bubble screen.

C) You sound like you dropped your pacifier. So every time you disagree with something Beamer does you’re gonna call fans that don’t agree with you dumb? Oh my bad, REALLY dumb?
D) If you care to argue against my points then have at it. Otherwise, keep crying, snowflake.

I honestly don’t know because I don’t know what either of them do and neither do you
That is the crux of it. All the blustering and assumptions- he has NO CLUE. Titles mean different things on different staffs, salaries vary based off name and past experience and are not a direct indicator of a coach’s specific value to a team. None of this matters. AHC/ Sts coordinator... vs Oc/ “co-Oc”.. they are all assistant coaches and nobody knows for sure how the transition to HC will work out because it has more to do with location and fit than it does just raw “coaching talent”. Nobody knows how this hire will work out but it is encouraging to me that we went for a guy who is a good “fit” and a SC guy this time vs trying to just hire a hot “name” who may not give a rip about winning here. I would rather have a guy who slowly builds a long term winner here and stays around than some flash in the pan to use us as a springboard to a “better” job. We might have found a guy who could do that because he wants to win at SC as bad as WE the FANS all want to win here, and if you aren’t excited about the potential of that... Then I wonder if you really want this team to win. That is where I am at with the whole damn thing.

Reactions: The Defender
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT