ADVERTISEMENT

MBB: Final Four run

lawcalcock

Apr 8, 2016
Which is your favorite game to watch? Most of you will say Duke,,,That was fantastic..But i find myself watching the Baylor game the most..The Gamecocks were terrifc from start to finish vs Baylor..I watch the Florida game more than Duke...The last 5 minutes vs the Gators were just glorious

Even though we lost, I lean toward Gonzaga. It was the freakin' national semifinal, & that 16 point run to give us a late 2nd half lead was nothing short of mesmerizing.

losses are too painful for me to watch...particularly one where we followed a 16-0 run to take the lead with 3 of the worst offensive possessions of the season...Braindead stupid basketball the last 2.5 minutes

I have rematches them all twice but could not bring myself to watch the Gonzaga game again. I kept getting impressed just how, well, tough, and smart we mostly played. We never hanged our heads when things went bad, just started kicking butt. Every player had big contributions no matter how many minutes they played.
The Marquette game probably did have what I think was the best play. It was towards the end of that second half run where we just killing them where Sin blocked the shot on one end and the scored on a tough and one layup at the other end. To me that play was our team in the tournament, we would play better defense, play harder were tougher than whoever we played

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
Tough to choose between Duke and Florida.

The Gators tend to have our number, but we've beaten them in three of the biggest stage games in each major sport (2010 fb for the East, 2011 baseball NC, and 2017 bball for Final Four)

Even though we lost, I lean toward Gonzaga. It was the freakin' national semifinal, & that 16 point run to give us a late 2nd half lead was nothing short of mesmerizing.

This ^^^. I got goosebumps during that run. We played with such heart and proved more than worthy of that stage.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
No kidding, but we need not forget how meaningful that first round game was. Threw a gargantuan gorilla off our backs.
I was scared to death of Marquette..They could really shoot the 3 ball...I had no idea we could beat Duke...I believed we could compete and be in the ball game...Mainly because they struggle with the taters at times...But beating them up like that was soooo sweet

This ^^^. I got goosebumps during that run. We played with such heart and proved more than worthy of that stage.

I feel ya...But the last 3 minutes were painful to watch...We made stupid choice after stupid choice...We lost that game..I am not sure Gonzaga was the better team...I think Sin was sick...I think their 2 guard controlled the game..But the last 3 minutes reminded me of going 7-9 down the stretch

I feel ya...But the last 3 minutes were painful to watch...We made stupid choice after stupid choice...We lost that game..I am not sure Gonzaga was the better team...I think Sin was sick...I think their 2 guard controlled the game..But the last 3 minutes reminded me of going 7-9 down the stretch

Well, clearly Frank agrees with you; especially about Thornwell. He mentioned during his postseason press conference the other day that if the game had been played a day later maybe the result would've been different.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT