ADVERTISEMENT

MBB wins

Good win. Really excited with Meechie’s progress. He may play himself into some money if he keeps it up.

We just may have something here.
Crickets on this board.
I said in another thread to get behind this team. Huge win. I really don’t understand the skeptics here. I can only pin it to:
A. Wanting to pull against their team to be right on an anonymous message board
B. Enjoy sitting at home as opposed to going to a game.

I’ll say it again. Get behind this team. 13-1. 1-0 in conference. We win our home games and we have a legitimate shot to go dancing. Obviously need some road wins. Today was huge bc Miss State is one of those teams we might be on the bubble with come selection Sunday.

The lower level was rocking but there’s plenty of room in the upper deck for the skeptics to hop on board before it’s too late. Go cocks!

Reactions: tngamecock#
Get on the wagon guys. I've watched Carolina basketball, as far back as Big Frank's days (and I don't mean Martin). Not since the days of the Irishman have I been so optimistic about our basketball program. Lamont is going to produce a nationally relevant and consistent powerhouse.

Get on the wagon guys. I've watched Carolina basketball, as far back as Big Frank's days (and I don't mean Martin). Not since the days of the Irishman have I been so optimistic about our basketball program. Lamont is going to produce a nationally relevant and consistent powerhouse.
Big Frank: back in the days when our band would play “When Irish eyes are smiling” when the PA announcer said his name as Head Coach at home games. Great memories!

Big Frank: back in the days when our band would play “When Irish eyes are smiling” when the PA announcer said his name as Head Coach at home games. Great memories!
As I recall, you and I went to Carolina about the same time (Class of 74). May we both live long enough more to see golden years in both basketball and football.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Me too Stock, I became a fan in the late 60’s when I first saw Roche talking with McGuire on the sideline. Love at first sight.

When they preempt NBC programming for Gamecock basketball and basketball goals start popping up in every other driveway we'll know we have something!
Yep — I remember being a junior in high school when I began hearing that the Gamecock Freshman basketball team was beating the crap out of the varsity team in practices (Back then Freshman could not play on the varsity team). And our varsity at the time was very good! When those guys finally debuted as sophomores, the entire state was captured by them. In a way, they were the original “Freshies.”

I’ll say it again. Get behind this team. 13-1. 1-0 in conference.
I think a lot of Fans are still hurt from the way the FB team let them down / afraid to put so much into a team again.
All I can say is watch what Dawn and the Ladies are doing. Lamount is not Dawn, but he is sure enough doing really good stuff with the team he inherited.
Dawn's first season - 10-18 Lamont's first season - 11-20
Dawn's second season - 14-15 Lamont's second season - 13-1 to start.
Lamont went and found some talented players both in recruiting and the portal and it shows. But it is not just the players, it is how he plays them. He uses the bench perfect to keep his team refreshed and put on more D when needed. This man can coach.
I understand playing UGA at 9:00 on a Tuesday night is hard on several fans (I get up at 3:45am to go to work), but I hope they still have a good showing. Go get a couple wins on the road this week and see if we can fill up CLA more next week.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT