ADVERTISEMENT

'merica's team....

Flameout12

Jan 10, 2006
disappointed-jerry-jones.gif

Why is Dallas held to higher standards than other teams? They went 12-5 and won their division. Something 24 other division losing teams can't say. Only Baltimore, Detroit and San Francisco did as well.

Well if they were one of the best 5 records you would think they would advance further than the wildcard round. You have to admit they get a ton of media and fan attention to really never doing anything. I'm not a hater just don't get all the hype!

Last edited:
Why is Dallas held to higher standards than other teams? They went 12-5 and won their division. Something 24 other division losing teams can't say. Only Baltimore, Detroit and San Francisco did as well.
And then turn around and get clobbered by one of those 24 other division losing teams? 😬
What good is 12-5 (or 13-3, etc) if you choke every year in the playoffs?

Reactions: Sinjinn
And then turn around and get clobbered by one of those 24 other division losing teams? 😬
What good is 12-5 (or 13-3, etc) if you choke every year in the playoffs?
Except for one team, every team in the playoffs will lose their last game. Why aren't you ragging on the Eagles (lost by 23), Dolphins (lost by 19), Steelers (lost by 14), or Cleveland Browns (lost by 31)? The reason is that the Cowboys are held to some higher standard than everyone else. It doesn't make sense that they are,

I have known people that were Cowboy's fans. They are so much like Clemson fans. They think their team is it and everyone else needs to just get out of the way. I mean Cowboy's fans already talk about they will go undefeated next season. And they have no respect for anyone else.

I have known people that were Cowboy's fans. They are so much like Clemson fans. They think their team is it and everyone else needs to just get out of the way. I mean Cowboy's fans already talk about they will go undefeated next season. And they have no respect for anyone else.
Me and every other Cowboys fan I know are the exact opposite. As long as Jones is the owner there's no hope for a once proud franchise.

"America's Team" and its fanbase have been setting themselves up for a higher level of contemptuous ridicule for decades.

Reactions: Harvard Gamecock
True. but that ridicule is based on false premises. By any objective measure this was a good season.
Any year they come short of the only thing that vindicates them or otherwise enhances their legacy (Super Bowl victory) is a great year for me. All it takes for me is for them to end the season with a loss. "America's Team"? 🤮

Any year they come short of the only thing that vindicates them or otherwise enhances their legacy (Super Bowl victory) is a great year for me. All it takes for me is for them to end the season with a loss. "America's Team"? 🤮

Like the Washington REDSKINS used to say ... 'I'd rather have a sister in a whorehouse than a brother in Dallas.'

Except for one team, every team in the playoffs will lose their last game. Why aren't you ragging on the Eagles (lost by 23), Dolphins (lost by 19), Steelers (lost by 14), or Cleveland Browns (lost by 31)? The reason is that the Cowboys are held to some higher standard than everyone else. It doesn't make sense that they are,
I'm not ragging on the 'boys....I'm ragging on Jerry.

Their level of pretentiousness dictates a greater level of enjoyment over their futility.

Reactions: Harvard Gamecock
I never liked the Cowboys and unfairly hated on Emmitt Smith because I was a huge Barry Sanders and Lions fan

Reactions: king ward
Try being a Raiders fan for the last 30+ years. The 70's and 80's were so good. Ah, the good old days. Ken Stabler, Cliff Branch, Jim Plunkett, Marcus Allen, Dave Casper, etc.

Banacek, Shell, Lamonica, Biletnekov, Sistrunk, Upshaw, Hayes, Villiapano, Tatum , etc. Loved them all! Back then, I even liked Al. “Just win, baby!”

Try being a Raiders fan for the last 30+ years. The 70's and 80's were so good. Ah, the good old days. Ken Stabler, Cliff Branch, Jim Plunkett, Marcus Allen, Dave Casper, etc.
How could you not like the Raiders back then? Those guys were some hard-nosed hombres. Matuzak, Tatum, Brown….the list goes on…..Coached by the great John Madden.

Last edited:
Reactions: king ward
Please explain further ... Jones or Johnson supporter??? Forgive my ignorance but, I couldn't be sure of what YOU meant, simply by your reply.
What I meant was that Jones' handling of Johnson, leading as it did to a parting of the ways, prevented a dynasty that I am glad never happened. Never be confused about my feelings regarding the Cowboys. I unalterably hate them.

What I meant was that Jones' handling of Johnson, leading as it did to a parting of the ways, prevented a dynasty that I am glad never happened. Never be confused about my feelings regarding the Cowboys. I unalterably hate them.
Why do you hate them? What did they do to you?

Now the Las Vegas Raiders. Should've changed their name to the "Whales" (a whale with an eye patch could look cool).

Now the Las Vegas Raiders. Should've changed their name to the "Whales" (a whale with an eye patch could look cool).
I love the history of the Raiders and I pulled for them in every Superbowl they played. But they are getting a significant upgrade in cities.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT