ADVERTISEMENT

Mike ‘freakin’ Bobo

GivEmDaSpurs

Gold Member
Sep 23, 2019
He sure has made a huge difference. Schematically, he has us in good sets. We play hard and tough on the offensive side. He has made good adjustments throughout the games. His ball control offense has been a needed relief for our defense and now they are fresher throughout the game.

However, we really need that extra receiver. Vann looked better today but I hope we get the waiver approved for Brooks (and that he is as advertised).

He sure has made a huge difference. Schematically, he has us in good sets. We play hard and tough on the offensive side. He has made good adjustments throughout the games. His ball control offense has been a needed relief for our defense and now they are fresher throughout the game.

However, we really need that extra receiver. Vann looked better today but I hope we get the waiver approved for Brooks (and that he is as advertised).

Sometimes I think you are right but I often tell him not to plow into a line that we have not been able to get through on third down, but that is what we do and it almost always fails. I wish Bobo looked at the percentages of success on different plays and called the more aggressive ones for third down. It seems ingrained in our nature going back several OCs.

He's an improvement. He runs his offense about as well as you can. But, it's still not an offense that is dynamic enough to compete today week in, week out. Just IMHO.

Reactions: Brace1
We didn’t give up on the run when it wasn’t working early. In the past we would’ve. But what I’m happiest about is we gave our best RB 25 carries. In the past we didn’t allow our backs to get in the groove.

By no means was it perfect. By no means are we a world beater. But offensively it’s night and day right now.

Last edited:
We are miles ahead of where we were in terms of scheme. We need more reliable offensive line play and more length at receiver.
Fully agree that the Oline needs to hold its own more often. Hopefully Brooks can bring that length soon if cleared. I was watching closely to see the amount of separation our receivers get. Aside from Shi... not much. Coach Cox has to get those guys to run better routes and catch with their hands out front.

Reactions: heavycock
I was impressed with his dedication to establishing the run today. Looked doubtful early but he never abandoned it. Having a Kevin Harris (with a more than serviceable Fenwick behind him) certainly helps. Really looking forward to next year's Harris/Lloyd one-two punch.

Hopefully this gives the o-line some confidence and Wolford some needed direction. Still have hopes for that guy based on his first stint here.

Reactions: TheReelEss
He's an improvement. He runs his offense about as well as you can. But, it's still not an offense that is dynamic enough to compete today week in, week out. Just IMHO.
Not yet, but they're on the way. Really like what Bobo has done so far. Love our running game. Defense played a heckuva game too.

Reactions: PC31
It was fantastic to have the hammer at the end of a game today instead of us being the nail. We knew and Auburn knew if a skull got cracked in that 4th quarter, it was gonna be one of theirs.
Finally Carolina looked like the bully.

It’s amazing what having more than 1 running play does to an offense. I wish he would scrap the jet sweep and we still need WR to be able to block if he wants to run screens but he is by far the best OC Muschamp has ever had.

Reactions: ClowneyPosse
We are miles ahead of where we were in terms of scheme. We need more reliable offensive line play and more length at receiver.

yea, SC needs a few of those 4 star O lineman but they are hard to come by and to evaluate as sophomores and juniors. But great game today. Wish we (Tigers) were playing each other this year.

Reactions: paladin181

Considering he had limited time to install his offense due to the virus, considering we have one legitimate threat at WR, and considering all of the dropped passes this year he’s done a great job.

Get us a couple more playmakers at WR and a dominant TE it’ll be interesting seeing how our offense grows.

Reactions: funktavious
It’s amazing what having more than 1 running play does to an offense. I wish he would scrap the jet sweep and we still need WR to be able to block if he wants to run screens but he is by far the best OC Muschamp has ever had.
Scrap the QB draw.. Never ever want to see it again for as long as Hill is our QB.. Not wise to run that play with a man with 4 knee surgeries.jmo

Seems like we have been competing.,, 30 pts a game.. had a shot to beat UT also... we can always improve but it seems we could see this O get batter and better as kids get more used to it and as we get more of Bobo’s players into it. JMHO

Reactions: Expro19
I wasn't happy with our last drive... We should have run the power I formation up the middle or toss sweep... Our line wasn't getting a good push and needed a fullback for that extra block to keep it going and spread the field to chew up time and keep the ball out of Auburn's hands...

We are going to the Bayou with a chance!

doubt any of us would have even allowed ourselves to think it.

bring home a W and the whole world can look different

Reactions: ClowneyPosse
This is the worst the offense has looked this season, but it does say something about Bobo that he still managed to win time of possession and took advantage of good field position, despite some poor QB play and Auburn’s defense playing well. The red zone touchdown efficiency continues to be impressive.

Hill did not play well. Held on to the ball too long and missed some obvious intermediate routes that were wide open. The INT was also a real head scratcher of a play call and a throw, while they were gashing them with the run. Bobo also called too many inside runs. While it did set up the some of the off tackle runs later, it was already obvious Auburn’s talent was in the A and B gap, and they were going to struggle in an outside run game.

We’ll have to see how they back it up, but this could be one of Muschamp’s fool’s gold wins. Turnovers, penalties and some dumbfounding red zone playing calling doomed Auburn.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT