ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Young from Wofford has took the VT job. *

We could’ve made exceptions except we have a coach we accept.
A shame he’s leaving but he has earned the job and the money grab.

Good for him. He was at Wofford for like 17 years. Getting a nice pay raise I bet.

Good for Young. Excellent coach. Good to see him get a nice pay day as a reward for years of work at the lower level. Going to be a tough job though. Always hard to take over a program when it is at the highest point it has ever been. And losing a bunch of key players means there is going to have to be some rebuilding to manage. Hope the fans don't get impatient.

Reactions: lawcalcock
Sad for Wofford but good for VPI. Anyone who can beat UNC in Chapel Hill(still waiting Clemmons) then the next year almost beat Kentucky is a good coach.

Reactions: ansoncock
He might make VT really dangerous in the ACC. He's great at developing players. At VT he'll get better players to develop. I feel bad for Wofford but happy for him.

Which means he won’t get the kind of guys that carried him this season. Two non-ranked shooters. He’ll now get the middle of the pack athlete. Will be interesting to see how those guys develop. Because, as we’ve seen, those guys aren’t great shooters.

Good for him though. Hope he does well there.

Impossible!!! He hasn't proven himself at a higher level yet!!! Don't they know that is a requirement to coach at a P-5 school?!?!?
Well, Arkansas just hired a guy from Nevada, a guy with a sterling record. I don't think they are sticking their necks out too much by doing that.

Reactions: rogue cock
Interesting hire...I personally think Va Tech is an awful job. Buzz Williams reached its peak in my opinion this past season

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT