ADVERTISEMENT

Military Appreciation Day....

mommycock

Nov 18, 1999
To all those complaining about not honoring veterans on Veterans Day, there is a reason it is always done on the Saturday before the Clemson game. We always schedule a non-conference game on that Saturday and not as many Gamecocks buy individual game tickets for that game nor do the visitors require as many tickets. Therefore, there are more tickets to offer veterans for that game. They also want it to be a day game which is far more likely with Wofford than Florida. At the beginning of the year, the USC-Florida matchup could have very well been played under the lights.
They are not ignoring veterans. USC puts on one of the best halftime shows in the country to honor veterans and it is a huge production. The date of it can't be readjusted because we found out a couple weeks ago that the Florida game would be at noon.
I don't think many schools had military halftime shows on Saturday. This certainly is not a knock on veterans. Saturday's halftime show I'm sure will be fabulous!

To all those complaining about not honoring veterans on Veterans Day, there is a reason it is always done on the Saturday before the Clemson game. We always schedule a non-conference game on that Saturday and not as many Gamecocks buy individual game tickets for that game nor do the visitors require as many tickets. Therefore, there are more tickets to offer veterans for that game. They also want it to be a day game which is far more likely with Wofford than Florida. At the beginning of the year, the USC-Florida matchup could have very well been played under the lights.
They are not ignoring veterans. USC puts on one of the best halftime shows in the country to honor veterans and it is a huge production. The date of it can't be readjusted because we found out a couple weeks ago that the Florida game would be at noon.
I don't think many schools had military halftime shows on Saturday. This certainly is not a knock on veterans. Saturday's halftime show I'm sure will be fabulous!

tickets to offer veterans? When did that start? They do provide tickets in the east upper for soldiers from Fort Jackson that attend the game to participate in the halftime show holding flags etc., but those guys leave the game after the halftime show. Ummmm...games on Saturday and Sunday were full of celebrations for Veterans Day on 11/11. USC continues to hold their celebration after Veterans Day in the hope of filling the stadium with paying customers.See below from USC, so many empty seats for the wofford game they are offering a promo code to increase ticket sales. It's all about the $$$$$

Hello Everyone -

It's been great to be a Gamecock this season. In some cases, I am able to provide discounts for organizations for our FB games. I went ahead and created a promo code for the 11/18 Wofford game that anyone can go ahead and use as a "Thank You" for supporting the Gamecocks this year.

https://fevo.com/edp/Gamecock-Football-Fan-Appreciation-H3fltj63

You can purchase tickets through the link below and if you wanted to share it with friends, you can. After you purchase tickets, you will get a referral link. If your friends buy through that link, they'll be seated with you.

As always, feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any questions. DM here or email kdonahue@mailbox.sc.edu

See y'all Saturday!

1 USCTicketSales, Today at 9:20 AM

tickets to offer veterans? When did that start? They do provide tickets in the east upper for soldiers from Fort Jackson that attend the game to participate in the halftime show holding flags etc., but those guys leave the game after the halftime show. Ummmm...games on Saturday and Sunday were full of celebrations for Veterans Day on 11/11. USC continues to hold their celebration after Veterans Day in the hope of filling the stadium with paying customers.See below from USC, so many empty seats for the wofford game they are offering a promo code to increase ticket sales. It's all about the $$$$$

Hello Everyone -

It's been great to be a Gamecock this season. In some cases, I am able to provide discounts for organizations for our FB games. I went ahead and created a promo code for the 11/18 Wofford game that anyone can go ahead and use as a "Thank You" for supporting the Gamecocks this year.

https://fevo.com/edp/Gamecock-Football-Fan-Appreciation-H3fltj63

You can purchase tickets through the link below and if you wanted to share it with friends, you can. After you purchase tickets, you will get a referral link. If your friends buy through that link, they'll be seated with you.

As always, feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any questions. DM here or email kdonahue@mailbox.sc.edu

See y'all Saturday!

1 USCTicketSales, Today at 9:20 AM

Clemson did not have their Military Appreciation Day either last Saturday. Theirs will be this Saturday vs The Citadel.

God Bless our Military!!
giphy.gif

This is not a big deal IMO. However, several years ago a poster on this board offered me a free ticket for the military appreciation day and it was actually florida game, so sometimes they do it during conference games. Can't recall the year though. It's a no issue though in my book.

I didn't know that, still, in my opinion, they could do much more for the veterans, and not only once in a year. Those guys served the country years in a row, died for us, and we have only a day to commemorate and to show our respect for those who fought in a war. There are some Best special forces books, that can broaden your point of view when it comes to veterans and the army. Make a search on Google, I am sure you won't be disappointed.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT