ADVERTISEMENT

Money can buy you football happiness...

Apr 14, 2011
I remember when Clemson and Dumbo couldn't beat anybody of significance. That all changed in 2014. That's when they started listening to their cheating fanbase and boosters. That's when they started buying their players again. They haven't looked back since. Dumbo, A shoe salesman with ZERO head coaching experience who went on to win 2 NCAA Titles and maybe more. Brent Venables who could'nt stop anybody went from that to the Best DC in college football. Bottom line? RECRUITING! Where did it start? 5* offensive players, and then 5* defensive players. Once you build that tradition, it becomes easier to recruit.
Money isn't an issue at USC. Let's throw some around. Who would be your first choice at HC? Forget Saban. He'll soon be retired. Who? I go after Chris Peterson or Gary Patterson. I prefer Gary Patterson because of what he does year in and year out. I'd fire Ray Tanner first, and I'd go after the best AD money can buy. Then I'd set Gary Patterson up with an offer he couldn't refuse. I'd give him full support to recruit however he feels that he can be successful even if he had to get in the money pools to get the 5* players.
BTW... I'd fire Frank Martin too. I'd hire the disgraced Rick Pitino. H'ed get a second chance to shine again. Let him go out in a blaze of glory.
Now fire away all you LOSERS! Attack me, That's what y'all do best.

Reactions: gamecockballfan
I remember when Clemson and Dumbo couldn't beat anybody of significance. That all changed in 2014. That's when they started listening to their cheating fanbase and boosters. That's when they started buying their players again. They haven't looked back since. Dumbo, A shoe salesman with ZERO head coaching experience who went on to win 2 NCAA Titles and maybe more. Brent Venables who could'nt stop anybody went from that to the Best DC in college football. Bottom line? RECRUITING! Where did it start? 5* offensive players, and then 5* defensive players. Once you build that tradition, it becomes easier to recruit.
Money isn't an issue at USC. Let's throw some around. Who would be your first choice at HC? Forget Saban. He'll soon be retired. Who? I go after Chris Peterson or Gary Patterson. I prefer Gary Patterson because of what he does year in and year out. I'd fire Ray Tanner first, and I'd go after the best AD money can buy. Then I'd set Gary Patterson up with an offer he couldn't refuse. I'd give him full support to recruit however he feels that he can be successful even if he had to get in the money pools to get the 5* players.
BTW... I'd fire Frank Martin too. I'd hire the disgraced Rick Pitino. H'ed get a second chance to shine again. Let him go out in a blaze of glory.

Here's the deal: you are 100% correct, but everyone on this board is going to want proof. They expect anyone with knowledge to be a whistleblower.

I've spoken with two people who have had close contact with Clemson: a parent of a recruit that ended up choosing another school after visiting Clemson and an individual who works directly with Clemson football staff.

The first person told me that they absolutely know improper benefits are being handed out, but they refuse to report it because they don't want the media attention while their son is having a successful career as a freshman at another school.

The second person specifically cited Visa gift cards being used. Anyone familiar with those knows how hard they are to trace. It's just impossible to identify the original source of funds. It's so elusive, in fact, that those gift cards are a preferred "currency" inside ISIS.

So that's two cases that have been relayed to me. But I can't report jack because I haven't seen anything myself, and I can't force those with direct knowledge to come forward. We just have to hope that at some point the first shoe drops.

Reactions: LakeMurrayUSCFan
Sounds like focusing on Clemson is going to really help US improve...

I think you’d be shocked how many teams cheat. Honestly I have more of a suspicion of Georgia. They’re a good school, but they have been recruiting at an INSANE level the last few years. Why? It’s not like they are Alabama and have a record of multiple championships.

Reactions: Clemson8411
The thing to never forget with Clemson is: NOTHING they do is legit. No win they have ever had is legit. They love to talk about their 3 "titles", but they hate / won't admit any of them wasn't legit. They know it of course but they want the rest of the world to accept their fantasy. The 81 title was absolutely bought and paid for. Everyone knows that. Their second title was tainted by an obvious no call "pick play" that they scored the winning TD on......and we all know the last one was accomplished by the coaching staff feeding their players Ostarine.

Nothing Clemson does is legit. Ever. It's who they are.

The thing to never forget with Clemson is: NOTHING they do is legit. No win they have ever had is legit. They love to talk about their 3 "titles", but they hate / won't admit any of them wasn't legit. They know it of course but they want the rest of the world to accept their fantasy. The 81 title was absolutely bought and paid for. Everyone knows that. Their second title was tainted by an obvious no call "pick play" that they scored the winning TD on......and we all know the last one was accomplished by the coaching staff feeding their players Ostarine.

LOL. They won the games so they’re legit.

No. That's when they spent money and hired the best assistant coaches they could. Stop making excuses like a little child

And mediocre is who we are. Just facts

This goes back a long way. And underscores the way Clemson and USC seem to view football. Remember way back in the mid 70's when Jeff Grantz hung about 60 on Clemson. Their fan base demanded change immediately. So Clemson went and got Charlie Pell, who brought Danny Ford with him. Boys that learned all the tricks at the foot of the master, Bear Bryant. They opened the cash machine and what do you know? Four years later they win an NC. Danny finally has to be run off because the NCAA is about to come down hard. Hatfield and West both got their three years, but were gotten rid of quickly. Bowden got them pretty good, but not good enough and was waxed. And if you remember, Dabo was on very shaky ground after the first couple years, but then they got the recruiting machine back on track and the rest is history. USC seems to have always been on a track of hoping for the best, promising better days ahead, while tolerating mediocrity. And just assuming the patient fan base will continue to pay for it. Either USC needs to get very serious about competing at the highest levels, or just make it plain that they are satisfied just being in the SEC and stacking up the money that the SEC association brings. Keep Muschamp and celebrate bowl trips to fantastic destinations like Charlotte, or Shreveport, in the years they go to a bowl

Not even a little bit tater tot.
I am a proud tater tot but I don’t go around belittling the gamecocks because I think it’s silly. If you think any school is clean including your own you are very naive, and running around talking about things you have no idea about makes you look bad.

South Carolina is a great school and the football team has a ton of potential and I really like your new quarterback. I will be rooting for him every week except one. Calling out Clemson isn’t going to make your team better.

I

I am a proud tater tot but I don’t go around belittling the gamecocks because I think it’s silly. If you think any school is clean including your own you are very naive, and running around talking about things you have no idea about makes you look bad.

South Carolina is a great school and the football team has a ton of potential and I really like your new quarterback. I will be rooting for him every week except one. Calling out Clemson isn’t going to make your team better.

I

Save it fraudster. "Talking about things you have no idea about......"

Um....yeah I do know what I'm talking about. 81' "title"- absolutely bought and paid for. See NCAA sanctions on Tater-Tech for that. Winning another "title" off an illegal pick play....yeah, that happened too. Watch the replay. And last, several KKKlempsonites players suspended for taking PED's........only reason more weren't caught is because not all of them were tested. It's the only way Clemptech could push around Bama like that.

And then I have photo after photo of Clemron players holding wads and wads of cash....easily found on the googler.

Again, inside the nutjob cult of Clemron, you might feel good about yourself, but don't kid yourself, everyone outside that cult KNOWS Clemson is , was, and will always be a straight up fraud and nothing more.

Carry on.....

The recruit you really need to start with is C.J. Spiller. It started under Bowden... just took a while to get wheels under it.

Reactions: ConKreteCock

You are a loser because of your mentality. BV was always a good DC, he just didn’t have the talent at that time on that side off the ball to do what he needed to at Oklahoma.

You want to blame everyone else for the lack of success here. Stop worrying about what you think happens in other places and focus on what you can control.

There were plenty of rumors the Zach Pickens recruitment wasn’t completely on the up and up. So be careful about living in a glass house.

No one forced Ray to hire Muschamp. How many people got on this board and said that was a good hire? A bunch. Anyone who questioned it was called names.

The guy failed miserably at a place with more money, more prestige, more history and a ton of other built in advantages like being slap in the middle of the largest football talent producing state there is.

Ray should have hired Satterfield or one of the other well established successful coaches at one of the group of 5 schools. A guy who had a track record that was good.

He wanted a high profile name. I think he thought it was beneath the school to get a lesser know commodity. I think he had no intentions of hiring someone who did not have HC expertise even if that experience was terrible.

One thing that is ironic, is Spurrier left this program in a shambles and i believe he was a big supporter of Will’s. He recommended him to Ray for the job.

No way he would have done that for FL. Just one more way The OBC jobbed this university on the way out the door.

When this athletic dept. can start making smart decisions, i will start looking outside to point the finger. Until such time, this administration needs to look in the mirror.

I agree with several of the posts here. Cheating is common place among the best programs. In fact, I’d say that most all programs are at least a little dirty. Some are just better and smarter than others with how they go about their business. Add in a well paid and highly respected staff and a storied program, and you have a program that can be a recruiting machine with a well defined moat to protect its program.
Being an outsider (us) makes things challenging to break in. Until we become as smart or smarter than others with how we go about our business, we will not compete. It starts by bringing in the right staff and administration.

Deer lowered.

Reactions: FJRTiger
Do you know how stupid you sound when you ridicule Dabo and Venables, then start the cheating rumor again? You make all Carolina fans look pathetic. Even before 2014 Dabo had beat numerous teams of “significance,” and won Coach of the Year Awards. He also saw the potential in Venables. And the paying of players under his watch has been so rampant that not a single ex player has mentioned it even when they’ve left the team for other schools such as USC. If a recruit had been offered money by Clemson and chose to go to another school, that would be made known. The constant claims on here about Clemson cheating are worse than claims of Russian Collusion, but similar in the sense that they are made by people blinded by jealousy. Just deal with the fact that Clemson has become the top program in the country and quit spewing stupid statements that make yourself and other reasonable Carolina fans look like fools.

Here's the deal: you are 100% correct, but everyone on this board is going to want proof. They expect anyone with knowledge to be a whistleblower.

I've spoken with two people who have had close contact with Clemson: a parent of a recruit that ended up choosing another school after visiting Clemson and an individual who works directly with Clemson football staff.

The first person told me that they absolutely know improper benefits are being handed out, but they refuse to report it because they don't want the media attention while their son is having a successful career as a freshman at another school.

The second person specifically cited Visa gift cards being used. Anyone familiar with those knows how hard they are to trace. It's just impossible to identify the original source of funds. It's so elusive, in fact, that those gift cards are a preferred "currency" inside ISIS.

So that's two cases that have been relayed to me. But I can't report jack because I haven't seen anything myself, and I can't force those with direct knowledge to come forward. We just have to hope that at some point the first shoe drops.
You’re just another idiot that makes us all look bad.

Jesus so sick of hearing this . Clemson is cheating no more than Bama , UGA and yes us . God it’s just ridiculous. Here’s the reason they are where they are and we suck.... they don’t settle for Mediocrity and we embrace it . We would have built Tommy Bowden a statue and they fired him . When Dabo has crappy Asst Coaches he FIRES them and hires the best replacements money can buy . We give them “Another year to improve” and then try to make budget hires , They recruit elite guys because THEY WORK HARDER AND SPEND MORE MONEY !!! I have a private FBO up the street from my house and the Clemson Plane is here every other weekend flying in to see recruits . When Kirby was at Bama he flew down here weekly . Not us because that’s “Really expensive and we want to lock down the state”. That’s just comical . We need to quit making excuses and looking for UFOs and Bigfoots and hold people accountable and make changes . They do this at Clemson because the fanbase and boosters Demand it . We just ain’t serious about winning and they are . There’s your difference .

Tiger guy here:

Threads like these that warm my heart. I LOVE them!! As a guy that been around this board for > 10 years (hopefultiger##). I've lived through "the streak" and even the years before that.

Remember when Dabo was hired and according to this board, he was just a dancing clown and we'd be REALLY SORRY that we fired Bowden?

Remember when Chad Morris was hired and he had a gimmick up tempo offense that would NEVER work vs. big boy (SEC) football?

Remember when Venables was hired and you all laughed b/c he didn't know how to coach defense?

Remember when Dabo made Scott/Elliot co offensive coordinators and this board said that they would never live up to what Morris did?

And after 11 seasons under Dabo, there's no doubt left. Clemson is one of two (MAYBE 3) elite teams in college football. Dabo is top 5 in anyone's list of best active football coaches.

But everyone here KNOWS it can't be real. Because it just can't, right. So what's left? Ah yes. Cheating. THAT MUST be it. It can't be anything else.

I 100% agree with you!! Its not like we aren't cheating. We are, just like everyone else. We just aren't doing a very good job of it.

Tiger guy here:

Threads like these that warm my heart. I LOVE them!! As a guy that been around this board for > 10 years (hopefultiger##). I've lived through "the streak" and even the years before that.

Remember when Dabo was hired and according to this board, he was just a dancing clown and we'd be REALLY SORRY that we fired Bowden?

Remember when Chad Morris was hired and he had a gimmick up tempo offense that would NEVER work vs. big boy (SEC) football?

Remember when Venables was hired and you all laughed b/c he didn't know how to coach defense?

Remember when Dabo made Scott/Elliot co offensive coordinators and this board said that they would never live up to what Morris did?

And after 11 seasons under Dabo, there's no doubt left. Clemson is one of two (MAYBE 3) elite teams in college football. Dabo is top 5 in anyone's list of best active football coaches.

But everyone here KNOWS it can't be real. Because it just can't, right. So what's left? Ah yes. Cheating. THAT MUST be it. It can't be anything else.

There is a po dunk car wash in Florence, SC that was owned by Xavier Thomas' family. I'd guess it to be worth maybe $5,000. Before Thomas committed to Clemson, a Clemson booster bought that car wash (not the land, just the crappy little car spray down) for an amount of money that sets that family up for a nice retirement. Its still sitting there as an eye sore. So, yes, Clemson has gotten to where it is by having its boosters cheat for them. That's just one known example.

There is a po dunk car wash in Florence, SC that was owned by Xavier Thomas' family. I'd guess it to be worth maybe $5,000. Before Thomas committed to Clemson, a Clemson booster bought that car wash (not the land, just the crappy little car spray down) for an amount of money that sets that family up for a nice retirement. Its still sitting there as an eye sore. So, yes, Clemson has gotten to where it is by having its boosters cheat for them. That's just one known example.
You honestly have I idea what you are talking about - this is coming from someone who lives in Florence.

You honestly have I idea what you are talking about - this is coming from someone who lives in Florence.

Whats your story then? You are saying that car wash doesn't exist or that it had nothing to do with that family? By the way, its obvious you went to public school in Florence. You spelled "chicken" wrong in your username.

Save it fraudster. "Talking about things you have no idea about......"

Um....yeah I do know what I'm talking about. 81' "title"- absolutely bought and paid for. See NCAA sanctions on Tater-Tech for that. Winning another "title" off an illegal pick play....yeah, that happened too. Watch the replay. And last, several KKKlempsonites players suspended for taking PED's........only reason more weren't caught is because not all of them were tested. It's the only way Clemptech could push around Bama like that.

And then I have photo after photo of Clemron players holding wads and wads of cash....easily found on the googler.

Again, inside the nutjob cult of Clemron, you might feel good about yourself, but don't kid yourself, everyone outside that cult KNOWS Clemson is , was, and will always be a straight up fraud and nothing more.

Carry on.....
Are you aware you have players on your team that were paid as well. Not naming names but you have a defensive back right now that Clemson and Georgia backed off of because he started showing up with a handler at events and officials
Whats your story then? You are saying that car wash doesn't exist or that it had nothing to do with that family? By the way, its obvious you went to public school in Florence. You spelled "chicken" wrong in your username.
Lol. Didn’t go to school in Florence. You’ve obviously never seen a Chick-fil-A advertisement.

On this board we should be worried about South Carolina and no one else.

We hired an experiment, giving him his last shot as a head coach. Will is a very good guy but
for the same reasons as at Florida it has not worked. Good recruiter but not a great game day coach. He had a more fertile recruiting environment at Florida and the ship still sank. The next Florida coach took Will's players to a 10-1 start in 2015, and 9-4 in 2016.

This is headed in a bad direction and sadly I think we need to make a change. I also think Ray needs to retire as well. The AD is a businessman not a coach. EH was the best and we need another one like him. Then we need to scour the country for a hungry solid and successful group of 5 coach.

SOS showed us what could be done with solid talent, great play calling, and good game management.
The last two aspects are lacking from this staff. This team has some good talent, and I do not want to go back to where SOS left us. But, I am not sure this train can be righted.

I will be there Saturday and cheering my but off as always. If Will can turn it around I will be the first to write an apology. I want to be wrong! I am just calling it as I see it on September 24th.

Are you aware you have players on your team that were paid as well. Not naming names but you have a defensive back right now that Clemson and Georgia backed off of because he started showing up with a handler at events and officials

Lol. Didn’t go to school in Florence. You’ve obviously never seen a Chick-fil-A advertisement.

Have You???
chickfila01lg.jpg

Tiger guy here:

When the facts of history show it was cheating....um, yeah, it was cheating.
81 = bought and paid for
Pick play TD
Ostarine PEDS.

Those are facts tiglet. Fact everyone outside Clemtech acknowledges.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaagain: Nothing Clemron does is ever legit. Nothing. If you wanna reinforce your fantasies, perhaps you should go circle jerk over on the tiglet board.

I
81 = bought and paid for
Pick play TD
Ostarine PEDS.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaagain: Nothing Clemron does is ever legit. Nothing. If you wanna reinforce your fantasies, perhaps you should go circle jerk over on the tiglet board.

Whatever dude. Only gamecock fans think Clemson is anything other that at the top of the football mountain...

I can imagine you sitting in a dark closet, hands over your ears, rocking back and forth, muttering no, no, no every time you hear about Clemson. It must suck for you...

It's pretty great here on top of the mountain.

Reactions: DocSmith89
81 = bought and paid for
Pick play TD
Ostarine PEDS.

Dude, USC had one of the biggest scandals in sports with the steroids back in the 80’s and they still couldn’t win. Those who live in glass houses....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT