ADVERTISEMENT

More on Derion Kendrick's visit yesterday...

Chris Clark

Football/Recruiting Insider
Jan 3, 2005
As Wes Mitchell already reported, 2018 in-state standout Derion Kendrick made his way to South Carolina on Friday joined by his teammate, fellow 2018 DB Justin Reese. South Pointe coach Strait Herron also made the trip with the pair.

The trip amounted to Kendrick's first unofficial visit to USC of the summer, and in my view was an important one for the Gamecocks. As we've documented, Clemson has been leading the Gamecocks on Kendrick; my understanding is that he grew up following the Tigers' program.

During the trip yesterday, Kendrick and Reese went to the Dodie Anderson Academic Enrichment Center, saw the dorms at 650 Lincoln, toured other athletic facilities and spent time meeting with the Gamecock coaching staff. I was told that Kendrick was impressed with what he saw.

The feel I get is that Kendrick is very much in the early stages of his process, but that the expectation is that he likely won't stray too far from home.

Kendrick will likely be back on campus this season for a game, at least, in Columbia.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News