ADVERTISEMENT

Most dominant you've ever seen our team play on the road

ScWildthing61

Sep 10, 2011
Now that misery Thursday is over looking for more positives today. The 2010 beatdown in taterville, it's like we gave them the first touchdown so they could feel good about themselves, and then we stomped on their heart, afterward it felt like "thank you for playing, now goodbye! We have more important things to get to!"

Personally witnessed I would say 29-7 beating Clemson in Death Valley - what was it, 2009 or 2010? They scored first (I think) and it was just a game we had on cruise control the rest of the way

For me, it was the 2013 thrashing at Arkansas, 52-7. Many believe that was a squad that had a real chance to do something special if not for the debacle in knoxville the very next week.

Good choice! That 2013 team could have won it all if they had beat Tennessee the next week. Auburn would have been beatable in an SEC championship game and I think Clowney would have caused serious issues for Winston in a national title game against FSU. So close.....now yet so far. Maybe one day.....

For me, it was the 2013 thrashing at Arkansas, 52-7. Many believe that was a squad that had a real chance to do something special if not for the debacle in knoxville the very next week.
Good call.

Lot of people were worried about that game because we rarely ever played well in Fayetteville. Then we just came out and thrashed 'em.

On offense it would have been against Mississippi State in 1995. On defense I would go with Clowney's only trip to Clemson. The part of the game after Hopkins TD that is.

Is a 22 point win really the best we can come up with? :/

Didn't we smoke the holy hell out of NC State back in the day?

BlackMagik and Art nailed it, with what was on the line, Florida game to win east 2010.

On the road at Florida at night for East tittle is no joke and we dominated!

1f2a1120fd9c95e5bb63c3f4b622faf8.jpg

48-0 in 1987. That one gets my vote.

That was a home game, the subject is road games

Ineligible, the color on this gif is off, the yellow and red should be garnet and black, sorry, must be the lighting on where it was filmed

song-girls.gif

No it wasn't. I was there. He had a forty odd yard TD.

I was at both of them as well! Nice!

Hopkins scored in both of them. In 2010, he scored a minute into the game. In 2012 he scored at some point, but it wasn't the first score of the game.

I just wouldn't have said "2012 was good besides the Hopkins score," because they scored several more times. In 2010, it was their only score. Miscommunication.

Is a 22 point win really the best we can come up with? :/

Didn't we smoke the holy hell out of NC State back in the day?
When you consider what was at stake it was dominating. UF (especially Urban Meyer coached team) doesn't get beat like that in the Swamp.

Just looked, UF 2010 game was 15-7 at halftime. To call a performance one of the all time most dominant I need a game that is well in hand at halftime

It was on the road in my apparently not-so-great memory.

That was a home game, the subject is road games

Ineligible, the color on this gif is off, the yellow and red should be garnet and black, sorry, must be the lighting on where it was filmed

song-girls.gif

Just looked, UF 2010 game was 15-7 at halftime. To call a performance one of the all time most dominant I need a game that is well in hand at halftime

yes 15-7 at half but it was dominating in the first half, just didnt score TD's like we did in the second half, we had 4 scoring drives and 3 field goals, missed extra point. The 52-7 Ark game was 24-7 at half.

* Remember their TD was a 99 yard kickoff return to start the game, then it was over for them

* Per Espn article, "The first quarter was all anyone needed to watch to see how the game would unfold: The Gators ran 18 plays for 51 yards, failed to convert a third down, punted five times and had five penalties."

* Per Espn "The Gators were downright pathetic all night. Meyer called for a "blue out," asking fans to wear head-to-toe blue to match the team's all-blue uniforms. But after Debose's crowd-pleasing kickoff return, the rest of the night was more of a "boo out."

Last edited:
My memory of that UF 2010 game is being nervous til late when Latt drug the 3 guys in the endzone, then you finally felt like it was over.

How about a game where we just completely blew the doors off someone?

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
I hear ya, hard for a Gamecock fan not be nervous watching a game!

Blow the doors game is the 52-7 Arky game

The UF game is getting votes because of where and what was at stake, the differential isn't the greatest but our Defense dominated from the first play and we were up 29-7 on the road for the SEC tittle, it was a dominating performance besides the special team errors, KO return, missed XP.

Lattimore 40 carries, 212 yards, 3 touchdowns.

This game comes in 2nd for me.
If memory serves correctly, I believe that Wake cancelled a future home and home series after that game. It was truely that bad. I was there, and I promise, we had more fans in attendance than they did. It was an awesome road trip.

We also beat NC State and Clemson at home that season for our first (unofficial) ACC title since 1969.

The 2010 game at Clemson - a thing of beauty.

It was clear after first quarter or so that we would definitely win. Final was only 29-7, yet SOS schooled Dabba-Dabba-Doo in how to coach.

SOS was coaching the last 2 or 3 quarters for the Auburn game the next week. (Yeah, I know how that one turned out.)

We also lost guard A.J. Cann to injury at Arky. His unavailability for the next week played a part in what happened in Knoxville

Lou took a team to Bama and we ran it right down their throats and they couldn't stop us at end of the game. Won 20-3 in 2004. U don't beat Bama by 17 often

Last edited:
Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT