ADVERTISEMENT

Most MLB hits since start of 2018 season, not a bad list!

Even more surprising Whit and Nick are 4-5 million a year guys, in today's market that's a steal. Nick went went 5 fof 5 last night with 3 doubles, last guy to do it Nick Markakis. I love the MLB network!

Not at all, just saying the narrative on our team at the time was a bunch of guys that won't see the bigs. Looking back it was Whit Merrifield, Jackie Bradley, Sam Dyson, Michael Roth, etc

Think you might be miss remembering? They(ucla) were considered a better hitting team, just that their pitching was superior. We didn't have to face Bauer b/c he pitched the game before to get to the championship and they did not want to rick pitching him on short rest. Their offense wasn't good the next year either. I mean Cole and Bauer (2 MLB Aces) on one college team is pretty crazy.

I believe Christian Walker was on that team as well. He is starting for Dbacks and already has 3 hr's. A lot of MLB talent on that team.

Think you might be miss remembering? They(ucla) were considered a better hitting team, just that their pitching was superior. We didn't have to face Bauer b/c he pitched the game before to get to the championship and they did not want to rick pitching him on short rest. Their offense wasn't good the next year either. I mean Cole and Bauer (2 MLB Aces) on one college team is pretty crazy.

I believe Christian Walker was on that team as well. He is starting for Dbacks and already has 3 hr's. A lot of MLB talent on that team.

We were definitely portrayed as the scrappy underdogs. Compared to the uber-talented UCLA, we were a bunch of misfits who had clawed their way into the ‘ship.

In retrospect, that probably wasn’t the case as Merrifield, Bradley, and Walker are bonafide MLB stars and Roth is probably one of the best college pitchers ever. Which is the point @coolcock2001 is making

Edit- reason being is I don’t think people thought Whit would be a star, Christian was a freshman, Roth had never started a college game, etc. Bradley was the only sure fire future MLB player on the team as far folks thought at that point.

We were definitely portrayed as the scrappy underdogs. Compared to the uber-talented UCLA, we were a bunch of misfits who had clawed their way into the ‘ship.

In retrospect, that probably wasn’t the case as Merrifield, Bradley, and Walker are bonafide MLB stars and Roth is probably one of the best college pitchers ever. Which is the point @coolcock2001 is making

Edit- reason being is I don’t think people thought Whit would be a star, Christian was a freshman, Roth had never started a college game, etc. Bradley was the only sure fire future MLB player on the team as far folks thought at that point.

But by who? ESPN? Our hitters was a good bit better statistically in a lot better conference. They didn't have anyone picked in the first 450 picks in 2010 or 2012 but pitchers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT