ADVERTISEMENT

Muschamp best 3 year record

gamecockrev

Jun 10, 2012
Much being said about him being 22-17 after his first three years. Spurrier was 21-16 after three, 28-22 after four and 37-27 after five. It appears that Muschamp will be 26-25 after four years and probably have a losing record if he returns next year for a fifth year.

I don't care how many wins he has in 3 or 4 years. We are trending downward going into another hard schedule next year and he is still running the ball on consecutive plays with 9 minutes left in the game down 9 points. The only thing keeping him here is the buyout and the fact that SC is not a program that will be able to attract a fiery young coach. Who wants to leave a program on the upswing for a mediocre SEC team that struggles to make a bowl every year. I say give him another year to keep our signees but get another OC.

Reactions: cockhornleghorn
Muschamp's accomplishment of having the most wins of any coach here in his first three years, while technically correct, is very misleading. Spurrier's winning percentage his first 3 years was actually slightly higher. He also didn't have the benefit of an extra 'cupcake' 12th game each season that Muschamp had.

I know the point you are making but the extra (12th) game started in 2006. Spurrier’s second season.

Reactions: Cocky_Corleone
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT