ADVERTISEMENT

Muschamp Blasts The State Newspaper(Video)

AtomicBomb.gif

Reactions: milehighcock93
I still see people linking stories from the State paper here sometimes. How about a moratorium on linking anything associated with that disgusting excuse of a paper on this site? What do you say mods? Time to bring down The State for good.

I DEFINITELY 2nd this...I know other gamecock web sites that do that (don't allow links from the SNAKE)...

do it NOW, mods!!!!!...RMO III

I still see people linking stories from the State paper here sometimes. How about a moratorium on linking anything associated with that disgusting excuse of a paper on this site? What do you say mods? Time to bring down The State for good.

I DEFINITELY 2nd this...I know other gamecock web sites that do that (don't allow links from the SNAKE)...

do it NOW, mods!!!!!...RMO III

3rd!!

Direct, firm, articulate, and clear in explaining and in telling the State his expectations.

Journalism has to own its mistakes. They clearly did not lie as they reported only what the report says. But just as clearly their editorial process was biased and sensational driven.

I know the writer was a Tillman Tech grad but the weight lies with the editorial staff. To not engage Coach Muschamp's remarks would be irresponsible and cowardly.

This needs to happen as a whole... everything with the media. They should be held accountable when they publish something with a deceiving headline that turns out to be incorrect.

I don't know that can be done... but it's a must.

I already filter HuffingtonPost and a few other BS 'news' feeds from news.google.com

Leave the rumors to forums and reddit.

Reactions: milehighcock93
He's on Paul Finebaum now doing the same.
Finebaum saw the twitter from 247sports and wanted his piece of the drama.

I really hope this is the final straw with The State.

~20 years ago I remember pissing someone off at the grocery store trying to hand me a free State newspaper. He was utterly confused on why I didn't want to touch it.
I told him I would come back for the offer if I needed to use the restroom while I was grocery shopping.

Reactions: Lakecock1
The problem with filtering The State from GCC is their articles will still go viral on Facebook, Twitter, etc.

And the only difference will be the thousands of GCC users won't be able to correct them.

One of the criticisms of Spurrier (which I didn't agree with) was that he could sound petty and childish, and that was particularly suggested during the Ron Morris fiasco. Now, regardless of what anybody thinks about that history or SOS, it is clear that there was nothing petty at all in the way Muschamp just put a lid on this current situation. Go coach!

Not only did the State make a mistake ESPN ran it before checking it. All the real reporters are gone now we just have media propaganda and character assassination unless you're actually guilty then they love you.

Direct, firm, articulate, and clear in explaining and in telling the State his expectations.

Journalism has to own its mistakes. They clearly did not lie as they reported only what the report says. But just as clearly their editorial process was biased and sensational driven.

I know the writer was a Tillman Tech grad but the weight lies with the editorial staff. To not engage Coach Muschamp's remarks would be irresponsible and cowardly.
Today the editorial staff or even peer reviewed studies are nothing more than proofreading for errors in spelling and grammar. They know what they are doing. He is the new Ron Morris

Even Better than Denzel's BOOM,
Denzel on the media,
'If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed. If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed.... ....What a responsibility you all have; to tell the truth, not to just be first, but to tell the truth'
This has to be one of the best responses to the media fishing for sound bytes, about the media & reporting.

I believe this video could just as easily apply to this story...

Reactions: vehemon
Even Better than Denzel's BOOM,
Denzel on the media,
'If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed. If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed.... ....What a responsibility you all have; to tell the truth, not to just be first, but to tell the truth'
This has to be one of the best responses to the media fishing for sound bytes, about the media & reporting.

I believe this video could just as easily apply to this story...

Denzel is actually quoting Mark Twain.

Reactions: adversary2
I'm sure that was cathartic for Muschamp but making enemies with the local rag never goes well. I don't like it but it's true. Any malfeasance from now on will be investigated like Watergate.

So when are they held accountable? No self respecting gamecock would ever give the state the benefit of the doubt. They have been adversaries since herman helms.

I'm sure that was cathartic for Muschamp but making enemies with the local rag never goes well. I don't like it but it's true. Any malfeasance from now on will be investigated like Watergate.

Reactions: Anna_Nimmitty
So when are they held accountable? No self respecting gamecock would ever give the state the benefit of the doubt. They have been adversaries since herman helms.
That's the bitch of it. I don't know much one can do except point out the errors and omissions. As far as newspapers go they're the only game in town.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT