ADVERTISEMENT

Muschamp to Michigan(?) ...

Muschamp would be fine as a DC at Michigan, or anywhere else. Good coach, just not a head coach. What I do find odd with some of my Gamecock friends is how they react to Muschamp being a possibility somewhere with ridicule as to how can that school be so stupid, but yet viewing a possible hiring of Mason, who also just got fired, as some sort of genius move if it happens

If you mean recruiting class rankings and highly ranked players, then, yeah, he was a good recruiter.
How many of those did Muschamp recruit?
How did Muschamp's coaches' do nationally?

And likewise it is no evidence that he is a good recruiter. In fact, if you can show us evidence that proves Muschamp is a good recruiter, we're all ears.

Look at the number of 5-stars Muschamp has recruited to SC and the number of top 100 qbs. If you think Beamer will have more 5-star recruits or top 100 qbs you will likely be disappointed. Muschamp has a lot of failures as a head coach, but recruiting is not one of them.

Reactions: SCExile
Wide receiver is probably the best example. I don’t know if the recruiting was divided up geographically or strictly by position coach, or a mix. Spurrier divided it up geographically, then the position coach would close the deal. At wide receiver, the position coach changed several times in the past few years, that must have been a factor. I would like to know the back story. There were probably wide receivers from Columbia who went to smaller schools who were better than who we had starting. Muschamp would work extremely hard to recruit a 5 star, but if the assistants struck out, there was obviously no plan B. Everyone could see that we were running out of receivers well over a year in advance, and Muschamp apparently took no action to correct the issue.

Even if you divide recruiting up geographically, recruits are thinking who will be my position coach once I am there? If the answer is some unlikeable guy, they just won't come.

Muschamp would do fine for a 2 years then watch out for a big fall off around year 3 or 4

Look at the number of 5-stars Muschamp has recruited to SC and the number of top 100 qbs. If you think Beamer will have more 5-star recruits or top 100 qbs you will likely be disappointed. Muschamp has a lot of failures as a head coach, but recruiting is not one of them.
You have yet to prove that Muschamp could recruit at USC. Quit tap dancing.
Beamer has already proven he can recruit at USC.

How many of those did Muschamp recruit?
How did Muschamp's coaches' do nationally?
You want me to review his travel logs or what?

He was head coach during all of those recruiting years.

You have yet to prove that Muschamp could recruit at USC. Quit tap dancing.
Beamer has already proven he can recruit at USC.
Muschamp had three 5-stars and 2 top 100 QBs in the last two classes. What has Beamer done to compare to that?

I like Beamer and hope he will be a better all round head coach than Muschamp, but if your expectations are he will do better in recruiting than one or two 5-stars a year and bring in a top 100 qb every year, that isn't very reasonable. Muschamp did well in recruiting, Beamer needs to outperform him in the other coaching areas.

Beamer isn't listed as the recruiter for Lattimore on rivals.

Muschamp will get credit for them all as he was the head coach.
Marcus stated a while back on twitter that Shane recruited him...as did Billy Napier while Billy was at CU.

There is still no evidence that Muschamp is some great recruited or is a "flipper". Seems he got flipped on more than he flipped.

Marcus stated a while back on twitter that Shane recruited him...as did Billy Napier while Billy was at CU.

There is still no evidence that Muschamp is some great recruited or is a "flipper". Seems he got flipped on more than he flipped.
Jay Graham was Lattimore's primary recruiter. Lawing was his secondary recruiter.

Reactions: uscwatson21
Muschamp would be a disaster at Michigan. Don't get me wrong, I think he could do the job just fine. However, he and Harbaugh would eventually get into a fight to the death - probably on the sideline on live TV. Ratings would go through the roof, but it wouldn't be good for anyone. Those are two emotionally unstable dudes, that are also alpha dogs, that have also had their unstable personalities celebrated as players and coaches. It will be what two normal people on bath salts would be like.

Well, if Beamer was the RC then, he is the one who listed Graham and Lawing as Lattimore's primary and secondary recruiters.
Yep...I think it's almost a certainty that Shane had recruiting contact with all of those recruits. This was what he was known for during his previous time at USC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT