ADVERTISEMENT

Muschamp wants Gamecocks 'hardheaded' in running game

• Thread starter Brian Shoemaker
  • Start date
We were able to move the ball on the ground. We just never really tried to. We'd pass pass pass. Then we'd run, get moving and break out into pass happy again. It felt awful watching my team abandon the run when we were only 7 points down when we were moving.

Shouldn't this conversation have happened during the week leading up to the UGA game and not after ?
I think the worst was 2nd and three from inside the 10 and we throw twice. You really have 3 plays to get three yards. Wish we had tried to run at least on 2nd down.

Shanked punt at end of half was the killer. If he booms it thru end zone UGA doesn't even try to score, they run out clock. It is still a 1 score game and team would have been feeling good.

My recollection was the running game was working during 2 drives in the 2nd quarter but wasn't really working before or after that...
Yeah, in the third quarter South Carolina ran the ball on a third down and one or two and came up short of the first down marker.

All I've got to say about those of you wanting MORE run game is "be careful what you wish for" - that was a huge fear of some when we hired Muschamp that it was going to be 1st down run, 2nd down run, 3rd down run/pass...

I was OK with the run/pass balance of the first half...

In the 2nd half what are you supposed to do? Down like we were to one of the top 5 teams in the country we had to thrown the ball and it just didnt go our way

We were able to move the ball on the ground. We just never really tried to. We'd pass pass pass. Then we'd run, get moving and break out into pass happy again. It felt awful watching my team abandon the run when we were only 7 points down when we were moving.

That's what I thought I saw, too. I thought best player on offense Saturday was Ty'Son Williams. I don't know why that kid doesn't get more carries.

That said, I know we got way down and that tends to put you into passing mode -- but we kept giving them the ball back with a tired defense. At some point you've got to do something to slow things down and give defenders a break.

Yeah, in the third quarter South Carolina ran the ball on a third down and one or two and came up short of the first down marker.
It would surely help if the RB's would open their eyes, and hunt the crease because there ain't
going to be no hole!:rolleyes: We haven't had a back with good peripheral vision since Lattimore.
Maybe Dowdle will get there, but he hasn't yet!!:confused::cool:

Reactions: myrtlecock
It would surely help if the RB's would open their eyes, and hunt the crease because there ain't
going to be no hole!:rolleyes: We haven't had a back with good peripheral vision since Lattimore.

Exactly. This is what I see. I like our guys but against the better teams we have to have better effort/results.

I think the coach is sending THEM a message.

Mike Davis clears his throat

Maybe muschamp should ask ayound and find out who is in charge of the team and tell that person he wants more runningnof da football. Just a thought

My recollection was the running game was working during 2 drives in the 2nd quarter but wasn't really working before or after that...

Didn't seem like we could get any rushing yards in the 1st qtr.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT