ADVERTISEMENT

My 7 yr old daughter just asked why we don’t pull for LSU

CCUIrmo

Jul 15, 2010
I told her as a Carolina fan you can never be called a front runner. That was all I had to respond with at the time.

I saw how much my Dad and Uncle as alumni loved the Gamecocks and that’s how I got hooked. I think my son saw how much I loved the Gamecocks and it got him hooked. Had he gotten hooked on any team or school other than S.C. I would have fine as long as it wasn’t Clemson. Sometimes I wish I hadn’t passed this curse on to him.

I told her as a Carolina fan you can never be called a front runner. That was all I had to respond with at the time.

She's wise beyond her years. But you're right, as a USC fan you'll never have to deal with hedonistic adaptation // experience stretching. Even the slightest breadcrumbs can serve as a multi-week high.

If you love your child help her pick another school to pull for in football

Funny thing, a coworker of mine is an LSU fan, and I told her this week that they are the true Death Valley Tigers and to take care of Clempson...I could see myself rooting for the real Tigers through the playoffs.

Reactions: apreslebain
Unfortunately, that's wrong. Clemson's death valley was named in 1948. LSU's was in 1959. Clemson's also been more successful than them the past 50 years. Also, I'll never comprehend your last sentence. I think you should always root for the team from your home state as long as they aren't playing your team. It's good for the state. Giving up on the Gamecocks this season and rooting for LSU is exactly why all the other SEC teams mock South Carolina fans for riding coat-tails.
Does Auburn pull for Alabama?

I saw how much my Dad and Uncle as alumni loved the Gamecocks and that’s how I got hooked. I think my son saw how much I loved the Gamecocks and it got him hooked. Had he gotten hooked on any team or school other than S.C. I would have fine as long as it wasn’t Clemson. Sometimes I wish I hadn’t passed this curse on to him.

This is me! My dad is a Carolina grad, who started taking me to games in 1980 (go George!). I’ve pulled for the Gamecocks ever since, even though I didn’t go to USC for school. I married a Bama grad, and my crazy kids still picked USC to pull for. I’ve jokingly wondered if I should just, you know, pull for someone else. And yes, I sort of pull for Bama now, but it’s not the same. Even in this crap show of a season, I can’t give it up. But my wise kids have started to slip in a few Bama shirts into the wardrobe lately.

Unfortunately, that's wrong. Clemson's death valley was named in 1948. LSU's was in 1959. Clemson's also been more successful than them the past 50 years. Also, I'll never comprehend your last sentence. I think you should always root for the team from your home state as long as they aren't playing your team. It's good for the state. Giving up on the Gamecock's this season and rooting for LSU is exactly why all the other SEC teams mock South Carolina fans for riding coat-tails.
Where did I say I was totally giving up on my Gamecocks? If anything, I've given up on the Gamecocks inept coaching staff. I'm an alumni and will bleed garnet no matter what. While I get the history lesson on the tigers, I will never pull for those orange cladded rednecks from Pickens U...I'm sure they're thankful for your support while our Gamecocks stay home for the holidays.

Reactions: NetworkX
My wife is an LSU alum and since I live in the Panhandle which is nearly 40% Louisiana transplants due to Katrina , gotta admit I’m a big LSU fan . Go to at least 1 game in Baton Rouge every year and can honestly say it’s the most electric game day experience in college football (especially at night) . Great people to hang out with . As an opponent coming in , they will make you fear for your life inside the stadium ; but before and after the game they will treat you like family . Definitely pulling for them to go all the way . Love coach O , he’s the perfect fit for that program .

Giving up on the Gamecocks this season and rooting for LSU is exactly why all the other SEC teams mock South Carolina fans for riding coat-tails.

Disagree. I don’t think any other SEC teams even mention us because we are irrelevant. If they want to be nice they’ll call us “the most loyal fans” (Translation: the biggest idiots) in the SEC.

Reactions: A_F_Deerhunter
Unfortunately, that's wrong. Clemson's death valley was named in 1948. LSU's was in 1959. Clemson's also been more successful than them the past 50 years. Also, I'll never comprehend your last sentence. I think you should always root for the team from your home state as long as they aren't playing your team. It's good for the state. Giving up on the Gamecocks this season and rooting for LSU is exactly why all the other SEC teams mock South Carolina fans for riding coat-tails.
Stupidest Shit I've ever heard. Root for Clemson to win. Please explain how it helps us in recruiting when they Win?

LSU has always had a tougher schedule than Clemson....did Clemson play Auburn, Alabama,Florida, and Georgia every year? No. Clemson played basketball schools, us included.

I'll pull for whomever I choose once we are done laying. It won't be UPC, which LSU might have an opportunity to play and beat. I'm down with that.

During the Columbia floods LSU and their fans were extremely generous and kind. They donated a lot of supplies and money. I think that is reason enough to pull for them.
From a SEC standpoint it will be good to see another SEC team other than Alabama succeed. Especially one that we don't normally go up against in recruiting.

Total disagree with you . Never been treated better in opposing city than Baton Rouge . Always have a blast their . UGA fans are the worst by far

my family and I were at LSU walking across lot near the football field and a bunch of drunks cursed at us and threw drinks on us as we were just passing by.

Then in the game the fans in the next section screamed and yelled at us during most of the game.

Forget which year this was but we won the game (early in our SEC Membership). Have never been back.

In over 50 years of attending football games, these were the worst.

my family and I were at LSU walking across lot near the football field and a bunch of drunks cursed at us and threw drinks on us as we were just passing by.

Then in the game the fans in the next section screamed and yelled at us during most of the game.

Forget which year this was but we won the game (early in our SEC Membership). Have never been back.

In over 50 years of attending football games, these were the worst.

Dang sorry to hear that !!! That sucks . I go there every year and last three USC games there and everyone treated me fantastic . If the same thing happened to me that happened to you I can’t blame you

Reactions: Golden Cock
Oh please:rolleyes::rolleyes:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT