ADVERTISEMENT

My Carolina diploma led me to retirement

But at this point, I feel like a huge loser given that the University has absolutely no pride in its men’s athletic programs. Shame on them. And I mean the BoT, the president and Tanner. All are losers with a capital L.
I have to disagree with you. Frankly, if you attain a status in life where others form opinions about you just because they think it matters, usually means you have been successful somewhere.

I'd be fine with that. But the school isn't great in academics either. So the administration is dropping the ball there too.
Now that's BS. The education is perfectly fine at USC. And I'm not just talking about our highly ranked business programs. Several departments provide great education.

Reactions: wbryant and okccock
Now that's BS. The education is perfectly fine at USC. And I'm not just talking about our highly ranked business programs. Several departments provide great education.
Agree. Several of the other programs are highly ranked including # 1 honors college

Reactions: okccock
First, I'm not criticizing the actual education quality. But if you're saying they're focusing on academics to the detriment of athletics, as cockofthegoat argued, then you need something to show for it. But here's what we're looking at:

College Ranking: #118 (when you lump in the private schools, that makes it #4 in SC behind Clemson, Furman, and Wofford)
Best Value: #178
Social Mobility: #318
Engineering: #102
Law School: #96
Medical School: #91
Business School: #62
Nursing: Unranked

I personally do not think the Flagship university in South Carolina should come in third or fourth in most metrics, and I blame the administration. I don't think it's that difficult of a fix. The business program is actually poorly ranked. The only program that's highly ranked is the bachelors in "International Business." But that's largely a made-up major. Only a handful of schools offer this, because if someone wants to get involved in International Business, they need an M.B.A. International corporations aren't hiring bachelors degrees unless said degrees have cache like Harvard, Yale, Wharton, or Stanford. Similar with the Honors College ranking. I remembered there was a ranking about 10 years ago run by a Gamecock that had USC #1. But I couldn't find it now. It's an excellent Honors College since the school spent a lot of money on it, but most of the Honors College rankings (which is sketchy to begin with since no one cares if you were enrolled in an Honors College but only look at your school as a whole) have South Carolina top 20, but not that high.

Well crap. I felt a lot smarter before I read that.

Reactions: FootballCityTATER
But at this point, I feel like a huge loser given that the University has absolutely no pride in its men’s athletic programs. Shame on them. And I mean the BoT, the president and Tanner. All are losers with a capital L.
I literally hate all of you.
Forever to thee (but not most of the people on this pathetic board)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT