ADVERTISEMENT

My God what is this country coming too - Drew Brees was right on the money with his initial

To bring this up (the flag issue) in the time of what has happened is tone deaf at best but is mightily insensitive. Colin Kaepernick was protesting police brutality and Floyd’s death is at the hands of a police officer. Brees may have had patriotic intentions, but he has got to understand what the currents are."

He didn't bring it up. The guy doing the interview did, and Brees answered the question.

Why can't it be ok to kneel and it also be ok for people to voice their displeasure with kneeling? I don't understand why everyone feels the need to win these days. We have free speech for a reason but it is quickly being eroded! If you don't agree with my way of thinking then you are wrong and we must do everything possible to ruin your life. People need to learn to live and let live. You don't always have to be right!

Reactions: SOSUSC
I am a white. I don't think I know one person who dislikes someone else because the color of their skin....I don't.

Sure I do. More importantly, I’ve actually had business owners admit to me they didn’t hire a black person for a job because they don’t like to hire too many black people.

Wow, you must do business with a bunch of racists. I travel all over the US on business and have never heard such a thing.

Some people don’t always have the solutions but they want to raise awareness to those that do have the power to fix things.

Rosa Parks didn’t have the answers. King didn’t have all the answers.

When Tommie Smith and John Carlos raised their hands in Mexico City, they did have all answers either.

but their protests were instrumental in changing things.

and just because someone might not have the answers to complex problems, doesn’t mean they aren’t working to force change in many ways other than just protesting.

There were racist laws that prevented equal justice, equal access, equal opportunity, etc. that they we fighting. They knew what laws they wanted to change.

You knew what you posted was wrong when you pushed Post Reply, didn’t you?

Why can't it be ok to kneel and it also be ok for people to voice their displeasure with kneeling? I don't understand why everyone feels the need to win these days. We have free speech for a reason but it is quickly being eroded! If you don't agree with my way of thinking then you are wrong and we must do everything possible to ruin your life. People need to learn to live and let live. You don't always have to be right!

I never had a problem with kneeling and have no issue with not kneeling. I favor people having the freedom to do what they feel is right if no laws are being broken.

my issue, if there is one, was always with all the people ripping the kneeling when before it started I use to witness so many people at games having conversations all the way through the anthem, not taking off their hat, walking to the bathroom or concession stand, smoking on the mezzanine, etc.

What bugged me more was during the prayer at USC games hearing so many people talking like there was no prayer going on. I never heard outrage at them. Never heard people mad at them. Never heard radio shows devoted to them. Never heard people saying they were boycotting those games until things changed. I always found it odd that it was only when kaepernick did it that it was unacceptable and unpatriotic.

Reactions: lostcock and SOSUSC
There were racist laws that prevented equal justice, equal access, equal opportunity, etc. that they we fighting. They knew what laws they wanted to change.

You knew what you posted was wrong when you pushed Post Reply, didn’t you?

And there are racists things now that protestors want changed. To suggest otherwise is ignorant. Is that you?

Reactions: SOSUSC
Wow, you must do business with a bunch of racists. I travel all over the US on business and have never heard such a thing.

“owners admit to me they didn’t hire a black person for a job because they don’t like to hire too many black people.”

That’s good that you haven’t heard it. I have heard it. I’ve also heard them say things like

“I’m not racist but....”. Then say something very racist like “I have some good black employees but “

Or the giveaway “ my best friend is black but ...”.

Why apologize?...wished he hadn't. So glad Jesus didn't apologize for saying He is the only way to heaven (John 14:6).

Reactions: ThirdTTrio
so let me get this straight. we are supposed to be ok with how they protest? im sorry but this a free country and if i dont like someone do what i consider disrespecting the flag then nothing anyone can say is gonna change how i feel about it.. yes we had people lose their lives so that CK could kneel in front of the flag and he and others have that right. i also have the right not to like it.

Reactions: Garnet chicken
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT