ADVERTISEMENT

My take

Cock-Vader

Jun 17, 2010
Despite what the announcers said, I saw virtually NO pressure on UCF's QB's and I still don't know if our secondary isn't very good or our coaches just insist on giving up 8 yard completions all day.

Our Linebackers are our entire Defense right now and they are EXCELLENT.

I thought Nunez played very, very well. Yeah he made some mistakes but that's to be expected. We need our wideouts to step up in a hurry though... we can't just throw to Cooper every play.

My biggest concern from today was our utter inability to run the football consistently. Our O-Line just seems to get no push at all with multiple running plays losing yardage, and a few 3rd and 1 or 2 plays just getting stuffed immediately.

Reactions: CalmTranquility
Despite what the announcers said, I saw virtually NO pressure on UCF's QB's and I still don't know if our secondary isn't very good or our coaches just insist on giving up 8 yard completions all day.

I thought Nunez played very, very well. Yeah he made some mistakes but that's to be expected. We need our wideouts to step up in a hurry though... we can't just throw to Cooper every play.

My biggest concern from today was our utter inability to run the football consistently. Our O-Line just seems to get no push at all with multiple running plays losing yardage, and a few 3rd and 1 or 2 plays just getting stuffed immediately.

our great overpaid, overrated OL coach is fantastic. Cant open holes against UCF, how you gonna run against sec talent

Reactions: joedcock
It's a win...minor improvements on defense, just some great individual efforts. Nunez did what he had to do and we have no running backs after saying that would be a strength of the team. We are not going to win many games based on this win. The score is not a true indicator of what we are.

Reactions: joedcock
Nunez is our running game. 123 yards by himself on the ground. Need more receivers to step up than Cooper and Adams. Great games today by Holloman and Moore.

It's a win...minor improvements on defense, just some great individual efforts. Nunez did what he had to do and we have no running backs after saying that would be a strength of the team. We are not going to win many games based on this win. The score is not a true indicator of what we are.

And there is no way Nunez stays healthy running the ball that many times.

Reactions: superflyby
Nunez is our running game. 123 yards by himself on the ground. Need more receivers to step up than Cooper and Adams. Great games today by Holloman and Moore.
Holloman, Moore, Nunez - that was kind of our whole team today. Those guys played their tails off.

Reactions: superflyby
I'm sick and tired of waiting for Williams to have a breakout game. Why are our most talented and highly touted players not being developed? It looks like he has regressed since last year.

Glad we won, but not putting much stock in a victory over a terrible UCF team. We got outplayed at times during the game.

I agree. He won't last if that is going to be our game plan. Lucky for him...I don't think we have any game plans....

He needs routes called he can complete... Spurrier just can't NOT throw it deep and Nunez just doesn't seem to have the arm to get it downfield. Even the TD pass to Cooper was a bit of a "cross your fingers and hope for the best"
Sawyer had two sacks, and Whitlow got some good pressure at times too.

True. Those were good individual plays and I don't want to sound like a downer but I'd guess that on 80% of their passing plays we got no pressure at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: gamecock ed
I'm sick and tired of waiting for Williams to have a breakout game. Why are our most talented and highly touted players not being developed? It looks like he has regressed since last year.

Glad we won, but not putting much stock in a victory over a terrible UCF team. We got outplayed at times during the game.
no o line, simple as that, and our guys almost always seem to put head down and run into a pile. very seldom do the bounce of the pile and go around.....sometimes they do, and they good good yardage.

I agree with you on the LB's and C's. I hope we see more of Smith and less of Harris Jr, that is unless we start pressuring WR's and bumping at the line and see if he can cover better then, because with what Hoke is doing right now he looks horrible. I just can't figure out if Hoke is doing it because of the talent he's stuck playing or if he actually thinks it will work...and I hope it's not the latter.
And I agree Nunez played exceptionally well. At least he gives us a threat with his feet, and that helps tremendously. He held the ball too long on a number of plays but I'm sure that's mainly due to our WR's inability to get open. And it's time Jr earned his money and get the WR's to step it up a notch or 5! Nunez was smooth at avoiding the pass rush for most of the game, but the left side of the line and our RB's better get right or they'll let him get killed. That sack where he was blinded had me out of my chair 3 seconds before he took the hit!

All in all there were a few positives from today, but not enough to keep me from being nervous as hell next week. We'll have to play much better and get a few breaks like we did today if we wantto keep it close and have a chance.
To be honest, I just don't see it happening on the road.

Reactions: Cock-Vader
Improvements... How can you tell... It was against one of the worst teams in cfb.

I posted this on the game forum

We need to keep Nunez out there in order to have another 6-6 season...

I don't see anything on this team to make me say the future looks bright... We need to play the young kids and hope Spuirrer fires Ward, Adams and Botkins...

We really need to get better on defense in a hurry!

Reactions: jerryusc
i thought they looked the best theyve looked all year on defense, but then again it was ucf 0-3.....lost to florida international, furman and stanford.....jury is still out for me....we will know more next week

If nothing else, Nunez looked really good at the most important position on the field. That's something to be hopeful about. And he's a Freshman.

Reactions: bmhood1984

If you think our LB's are excellent, than you must be blind.

Reactions: big9cock
We won this game on individual talent.....not team talent. You can do that against a team like UCF but it still is risky. To win in the SEC you have to have team talent......we do not. We have spot talent that will get overwhelmed in conference games. We didn't look good at all against the worse offensive team in the country.

If you think our LB's are excellent, than you must be blind.

Both of my eyes were destroyed in a fight I had with a friend, but I have some enhanced visual adapters on this mask that work very well thank you.

Last edited:
Had the same thought. He runs like that against LSU and he will get KILLED and probably finish out the season either on the bench, or playing at 90%.
I don't understand this logic. Johnny Manziel played 3 years in the "tough SEC" & never really got seriously hurt & he ran the ball a lot. Beat mighty bama on the road & all. Nunez just has to be smart about not taking on hits & getting out of bounds more. That won't save him from injury but it will lessen the chance of him getting hurt.

Reactions: NetworkX
Had the same thought. He runs like that against LSU and he will get KILLED and probably finish out the season either on the bench, or playing at 90%.
And, on the flip side, if he runs like that against LSU, we will probably win the game!

Reactions: NetworkX
Zo has plenty of arm strength. He's trying to finesse the deep ball a little too much. Cooper was covered like a rug when he let that go. Great play by both. It's the first game for a true freshman."Damn your drunk test are hard".

Reactions: Mr CockStrong
Zo has plenty of arm strength. He's trying to finesse the deep ball a little too much. Cooper was covered like a rug when he let that go. Great play by both. It's the first game for a true freshman."Damn your drunk test are hard".

Thanks for the good laugh of the day! :D

Except for the 123 yards running the football that Nunez had??

Except for the 123 yards running the football that Nunez had??
Yes... I should have been more specific. On plays in which our RBs were carrying the ball, we looked pretty ineffective. I don't think Nunez will able to handle being 90% of our offense vs. most teams on our schedule.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT