ADVERTISEMENT

My vote for Columbia’s new name: Scamgecko (anagram of Gamecocks)

55vett

Dec 23, 2000
Let’s have some fun here. It’s inevitable in the current political climate that all cities named after Christopher Columbus will be changed soon. Why not have a name that in some way refers to our university? Scamgecko not only does that as an anagram, but it works for our state in other ways as well: The “Sc” stands for South Carolina; the "am" stands for America; and the “gecko” is none other than the most common lizard in our state.

If Scamgecko doesn’t work for you, how about this one: Yewessy (pronounced U-S-C).

What’s your vote for a new name for Columbia?

Trump likes oxygen, it's racist now.
DAMN IT!! I gie up, no matter what the left will be offended..............................................WAIT....................... Trump said Oxygen is GOOD!! sweeeet, now all the democrats will stop using it!!
giphy.gif

Reactions: jonesz21
Fighting Palmetto Bugs. Let's face it, most of the gals and these days guys are freaked out when they see a cockroach. It would be a fearsome mascot. However, we would have to overcome all the squash and exterminate cheers.

We could release a swarm when we run on the field or court. And wow what it would do for the Terminex Pest Player of the game.

What about sand or soil ? The “Fighting Sand” ( not white sand of course) has a nice ring to it, assuming it’s not racist of course. Or at least maybe the “Competing Soil “. Hope I didn’t offend anyone

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT