ADVERTISEMENT

Nancy Pelosi is holding things up on the relieve bill to be voted on today.

I agree that we are obviously different and have different views. I was not at all implying otherwise. The only thing I was communicating is that my views are very sincere, and they are shaped by my extensive (I'm old) life experiences along with my upbringing and are not shaped by a bunch of political rhetoric. I can only hope that yours and everyone else's views are shaped in the same manner, whatever they are.

I get that,

here is my point: Contrary to what many people believe and what cable news and talk radio would have people believe...

people can approach life very differently, with very different political views and and approaches to life in general and greatly succeed.

I know conservative people that are wonderful and have succeeded and have great families and I know very liberal people that are wonderful, have succeeded and have great families.

I don’t buy the argument often pushed by partisans and talk radio/cable news talkers that there is one way to success and to achieve goals. I don’t buy it because I see the opposite all the time.

Reactions: howard13
I agree totally - my point is the American tax-paying citizens are the ones that will get hurt the most from all of this - same as always. The "stimulus" bill in any form or fashion will take those tax dollars to salve wounds. Corporate America doesn't need nor deserve ANY of that money, when they keep reporting record annual profits every year.

When it's a bull year, the CEOs and fat cat's pockets get fatter - the typical employee wage earner at most gets a 10% COLA. When its a bear year, the CEOs and fatcats keep their money, and the employee base gets reduced into the unemployment ranks.

I'm tired of US businesses screwing their business up, and then expecting the federal government to bail them out with tax payer dollars that's supposed to help govern the tax payers' needs, not the corporate needs. If they know how to do their business right, they will still be there to stand back up when the dust settles.

But you're right - the pork you listed above has no place in this bill either. Those are smaller fights to be fought during other times. I agree the House should not add that stuff to this stimulus....

Democrats were ok with pumping trillions of inflated dollars into our economy (bank bailouts, electric car makers, solar energy ponzi schemes) when they pump up the economy when they controlled the white house. Now they are totally against it. The current coronavirus at least seeks to help out the masses. Typical democratic hypocrisy

Last edited:
I agree with the part about the cruise industry. I've been on a couple of cruises and the waiters, workers, etc. are from foreign countries. The American taxpayer does not get any benefits at all from the cruise industry or very little if any.

Then I guess they shouldn’t off to use cruise ships as hospitals, which they have already done.

I could not disagree more. I think Trump is our savior in this crisis. He follows his instincts which are usually correct. He implemented the travel ban early on even when a withering news media decried him as racist. This alone has saved thousands of lives. I don't know of another human being on the face of the earth who could do what this man has done under the constant barrage of a disingenuous agenda driven Democratic party and their propaganda machine some people laughably call a "news media".

Up until recently I thought he was the greatest President of my lifetime. I was wrong. He is the greatest President of ALL TIME. No other President we have ever had could have done and accomplished the things he has done, especially under the circumstances he has had to endure.

He is brash, arrogant, and sometimes crude. I did not like him before he became President and he was last on my list of the primary candidates. However, actions and results speak with far greater power than words. His action, his results, have made a believer out of me. If I could vote 10 times they would all be for Trump.

Sometimes, some jobs require an SOB to get it done. He can be an SOB, but by God, he is OUR SOB. And he is getting things done against phenomenal odds.

This^^^^^^^ 10 times!!!

Reactions: cockofdawn
Democrats were ok with pumping trillions of inflated dollars into our economy (bank bailouts, electric car makers, solar energy ponzi schemes) when they pump up the economy when they controlled the white house. Now they are totally against it. The current coronavirus at least seeks to help out the masses. Typical democratic hypocrisy

And republicans were against it- but now are for it. Typical Republican hypocrisy

Reactions: howard13
And republicans were against it- but now are for it. Typical Republican hypocrisy

There is no hypocrisy... Democrats tell you what they want to get elected and Republicans tell you what they want to get elected... Kind of like hookers, they'll tell you they will give you a blow job and you find out it's just a hand job instead....

Trump is the only one will tell you what he wants and does it...

Reactions: cockofdawn
Politics. Each party spends 85% of their time trashing the other party and trying to get leverage for the next election rather than truly working together and getting results. Term limits, please!

Everything was on track to be voted on within the next hour as I understand.

Then Nancy Pelosi flies into Washington and gets her Democratic colleagues to put a monkey wretch into the whole thing. Way to go Ms Pelosi, you are just exactly what this country needs right now!!!!
I would like her to be exposed and left locked in a closet but I can't say that ! All Americans are being screwed by her crowd and I am pissed but not serious about the closet!

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky

There were big moral and ethical implications to the rescue of the banking and auto industries, which caused their own problems. Most of the companies that are currently struggling are blameless for their predicament.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT